• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly half the fun isn't just discovering stuff, but coming back like the explorer to a new land and flaunting your discoveries and tales of your expeditions. I wouldn't consider creatures, ships, environments, tech, etc. as spoilers.

Lore, narrative/quests, stuff involving the center, gameplay mechanics/systems not revealed in the last three years of trailers and coverage...I would consider spoilers and should be tagged

Would you guys agree?
nailed it boss

Honestly half the fun isn't just discovering stuff, but coming back like the explorer to a new land and flaunting your discoveries and tales of your expeditions. I wouldn't consider creatures, ships, environments, tech, etc. as spoilers.

Lore, narrative/quests, stuff involving the center, gameplay mechanics/systems not revealed in the last three years of trailers and coverage...I would consider spoilers and should be tagged

Would you guys agree?
I agree to this. Lore we keep under wraps at least for a while. Put planet pics,animals ships,guns etc fair game cause I mean come on they'll all be different anyway
Has anyone's Amazon LE order shipped yet? If mine doesn't go out by tomorrow morning I'm going to start getting a bit worried.
Mine has. Don't trust Amazon anyway tho so I double dipped lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Would you guys agree?

Completely agreed.

Yall better get ready for Captain Woofs log. It's gonna be paragraph after paragraph of searching for animals to give funny names to. And making penis shaped rock formations on every planet I visit.

wiibomb

Would you guys agree?

this is the clearest sign we can start the OT now

OmegaDL50

Has anyone's Amazon LE order shipped yet? If mine doesn't go out by tomorrow morning I'm going to start getting a bit worried.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. After someone on the previous page said they wouldn't be getting their LE due to out of stock issues, I am somewhat concerned myself.

This is also someone who had the pre-order in apparently back in March, which I also preordered back than too.

I seriously hope this isn't a case of under shipments and not being able to fulfill everyone's order. That would be a pretty big downer if that is the case.

Would you guys agree?
agreed.

Gribble "don't tell me about lava" Grunger is somewhere freaking out

Yall better get ready for Captain Woofs log. It's gonna be paragraph after paragraph of searching for animals to give funny names to. And making penis shaped rock formations on every planet I visit.
Hey I already asked if it was ok to post my galactic journal entry's lol so go right ahead

agreed.

Gribble "don't tell me about lava" Grunger is somewhere freaking out
Lmao

Clauss

Does anyone know if 65daysofstatic did the OST for the OT? If so, is it procedural? Or are there queued posts from Legacy that will trigger set-piece compositions?

daveo42

Banned

Would you guys agree?

I always assumed the OT was going to be just sharing your discoveries anyway. Seems like part of the point of the game. It's your journey to the center and you shouldn't feel bad about sharing it. I agree on the bolded stuff tho for spoilers.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. After someone on the previous page said they wouldn't be getting their LE due to out of stock issues, I am somewhat concerned myself.

This is also someone who had the pre-order in apparently back in March, which I also preordered back than too.

I seriously hope this isn't a case of under shipments and not being able to fulfill everyone's order. That would be a pretty big downer if that is the case.

Yeah that other post is what raised a yellow flag for me, I ordered on March 10 (first day of preorders) also. Hopefully nothing to worry about. 😬

Yeah I know how difficult making a decent OT can be.

The first OT I made wasn't all that good in my opinion. - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953320&page=1

I would like to think I did a better job with my 2nd one - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120694
I've made so many threads and OTs. I tend to like to keep things symmetrically.

This was my first: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665289

Stellaris and SOMA are my favorite collabs
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215921
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1115080

Stasis and SuperHOT are my favorites done on my own
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104431
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189304

Although maintaining the annual Crowdfunding thread is toughest and most time-consuming

wiibomb

Does anyone know if 65daysofstatic did the OST for the OT? If so, is it procedural? Or are there queued posts from Legacy that will trigger set-piece compositions?

I heard it was procedurally generated as you go into the topic of the OT, but this has been such a shitshow that I only expect a Vaporwave in the whole OT

Well this sucks.
Amazon (US) is now saying that my LE order from March 10 is out of stock. I went through chat, but I'm about to call. It still says it'll be here Tuesday but...

Edit: Reconfirmed over the phone. There's no way I'm getting the game Tuesday....

it still says arriving Tuesday.

OmegaDL50

I've made so many threads and OTs. I tend to like to keep things symmetrically.

This was my first: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665289

Stellaris and SOMA are my favorite collabs
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215921
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1115080

Stasis and SuperHOT are my favorites done on my own
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104431
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189304

Although maintaining the annual Crowdfunding thread is toughest and most time-consuming

On the subject of your first OT, Edge of Space. Whatever became of that game. I know I impulse bought it a couple of years ago on hype from Starbound and the NMS announcement, played for like 20 minutes and never went back to it. I need to see if the game is still being worked on at all or is it in perpetual early access.

Reszo

it still says arriving Tuesday.

Yeah mine says shipping today, so that means they would have to overnight it for it to get here on time. If it doesn't say out for delivery on tuesday, I'm going to go up to gamestop and buy it and return the LE when I get it.

daveo42

Banned

Yeah, I'd agree with this, at least for the first month or two. We'll also have the image thread, which will be trickier.

Mine's shipped and set to arrive on Tuesday morning.

I just wanna look at you one last time before I launch you.

giphy.gif

Mine shipped earlier today, about 4:30PM Eastern time. Currently on its way via USPS (groan) for delivery on Tuesday.

Hm, well maybe I'm just close to a warehouse. Mine still says arrives on Tuesday, and it's said "shipping soon" all weekend. They have a fairly loose interpretation of "soon".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom