• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I heard the OT is getting a massive day 1 patch to fix all the issues it's had in pre-release. If you want to see it all its glory though, you need to delete your GAF account and start over. Seems like an issue to me but will probably worth it in the long run.

xinek

Sigh. I was really hyped for this OT, but it's just taking way too long. So many people are going to be disappointed, calling it now.

drotahorror

I know it's 5 days more (PC) but god it feels so much longer when you are so excited to finally play it. And when all console players are hyping it up even more its going to feel even longer.

I can't wait for Friday.

Just remember, since they wanted everyone to experience the game the same day it came out, they decided to shut down streams, threaten people that talk about the game over footage that has already been released, and even talk trash about people in patch notes. But PC version comes out a few days later. Doesn't matter if the entire game is spoiled for PC gamers. As long as the game isn't spoiled for PS4 peoples, it's cool.

diggler41

Legacy seems like such a good guy though. When he gets up on stage and talks about the OT he seems generally excited. Like a fan of past OTs he understands what he's making.

vix

"I hear your OT sucks and isn't worth the hype and it's not on the *insert console here* so screw it. -10/10"

" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

iosefe

Zero did you like my idea? I hope it isn't too late to make the OT the way I want it to be. I have a lot of hope and high expectations from you

Please respond

OmegaDL50

Yeah I know how difficult making a decent OT can be.

The first OT I made wasn't all that good in my opinion. - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953320&page=1

I would like to think I did a better job with my 2nd one - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120694

I tend to be a harsh critic of things I do. Which I am grateful for the awesome Dobkeratops and CJ Iwakura's help with the 2nd one. There was a 3rd contributor by the name of TomShoe who was originally going to make the OT but got banned prior to handling responsibility over to me. I believe he's still banned. I don't know if was a permanent one or not, seeing as his last post was August of last year, he will be gone for almost a whole year, I can only hope I did the Disgaea 5 OT justice and it's up to the standards he hoped it would be.

By with that said, I'm looking forward to seeing your work LegacyZero.

Now as we wait for the OT to go up and the arrival of the game.

Here is some music to we can all listen to mentally prepare ourselves for the impending arival of No Man's Sky.

I'm curious to see the OT's spoiler rules and whether we'll get mod support for spoiler talk.
Honestly half the fun isn't just discovering stuff, but coming back like the explorer to a new land and flaunting your discoveries and tales of your expeditions. I wouldn't consider creatures, ships, environments, tech, etc. as spoilers.

Lore, narrative/quests, stuff involving the center, gameplay mechanics/systems not revealed in the last three years of trailers and coverage...I would consider spoilers and should be tagged

Would you guys agree?

Has anyone's Amazon LE order shipped yet? If mine doesn't go out by tomorrow morning I'm going to start getting a bit worried.

Honestly half the fun isn't just discovering stuff, but coming back like the explorer to a new land and flaunting your discoveries and tales of your expeditions. I wouldn't consider creatures, ships, environments, tech, etc. as spoilers.

Lore, narrative/quests, stuff involving the center, gameplay mechanics/systems not revealed in the last three years of trailers and coverage...I would consider spoilers and should be tagged

Would you guys agree?

Yeah, I'd agree with this, at least for the first month or two. We'll also have the image thread, which will be trickier.

Speely

Banned

Would you guys agree?

That sounds very fair and sensible.

legacyzero

Banned

Would you guys agree?

I do have a "Surviving your first planet" section, but it's minimized by quote tags and has to be clicked to be seen in full size. Otherwise, no spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom