• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

I'm not convinced but I just noticed it's from the "Joe Danger" guys, might have to keep an eye on it. The first entry was decent.

I'll be day one, not sure on LE but at least the game itself!

Even though I'm still skeptical that it's nothing more than an exploration game. It has my interest just based on the sheer size and scope.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
depends on how well it runs. If it really is maxing out the PS4's capabilities then i dont see it working with PSVR.

I think it's a safe bet that it wont
Don't tell me this shit man. ;_;
I'm really hoping they invest into some sort of PSVR mode at least and optimize around that. The ship/space travel stuff should be fairly easy to do in PSVR at a constant high fps(90+) It's the planet stuff definitely needs quite a bit of time and resources to run at that constant high fps. I really really hope they invest in VR for this game some times down the line if not at launch though. It would take that exploration immersion to a whole new level.

farisr

YES! Physical release + after E3 = getting it at launch day with a 30% discount thanks to E3 preorder sales. I was definitely not going to get this game at $60 (I pretty much never pay $60 for a game, nothing to do with it being indie or some shenanigans like that) and would've probably waited for a while if it wasn't for this release date/format.

I realized about a month ago that I actually have no physical PS4 games and that I've gone all digital. Whatever games I had in physical form, I ended up selling when the digital version was on sale.

That box art alone makes me want to get this in physical though. I would kill to have it as a poster.

Shin-Ra

In the background, Sean Murray has been working with Dave Gibbons (co-creator of Watchmen and Kingsman)
Pfft.

image.php
Co-creator of BENEATH A STEEL SKY!

Auctopus

Good God! I had no idea that the art is Simon Stalenhag!

I have his Tales from the Loop book and it's absolutle incredible.

Hoje0308

Banned
They got to see new features like how to survive on hazardous planets and how to learn alien languages, and for the first time we showed off some alien races you will be able to communicate with.

Nice, now when can I read about the press event from the actual press?

Rymuth

After the disappointing Bloodborne cover, it's nice to have a cover that's evocative of the first screenshots/posters of the game.

Don't tell me this shit man. ;_;
I'm really hoping they invest into some sort of PSVR mode at least and optimize around that. The ship/space travel stuff should be fairly easy to do in PSVR at a constant high fps(90+) It's the planet stuff definitely needs quite a bit of time and resources to run at that constant high fps. I really really hope they invest in VR for this game some times down the line if not at launch though. It would take that exploration immersion to a whole new level.

PSVR is confirmed to have it's own processing kit so it has dedicated resources to pull the hefty requirements without sacrificing the PS4 power.

Lister

Banned
NMS-Explorer_s_Edition-iam8bit_1024x1024.png

I need dis.

OH HELL YES!

This will be the first physical PC game I pick up in.... when did SCII Chapter 2 come out? Let's see Wings of Liberty came out 2010, so nearly 6 year ago!

EDIT: Oh wait, is that exclusive to Europe?? Say it ain't so :(

GeoramA

Day f'n 1.

Glad a retail release is confirmed. Didn't think it would get the LE treatment though. Sony is pushing it hard.

Top Bottom