• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

Tankshell

One week after our first child is due to be born. Oh well, by the time I get to play this it will be in the retro classics section of PSN store.

FUCK YES. Vinyl release. http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/no-mans-sky

NMS-Vinyl-Gatefold_15394f24-f5b9-44f5-8d21-235ac64cea34_1024x1024.png
Mmmm I need this.

Nothus

Hyped for the dynamic theme! lol.
Seriously though I hope that's available on the store separately and not just through the LE, not really fussed about any of the other extra stuff in there.

TVexperto

Ill wait for some reviews first, there is nothing that you gain from preordering this game I think. I have been burned more than once by preordering games..

Croc

Banned
that box art is amazing.

I had hesitations about spending $60 on this when I'm not sure how much it'll pull me in but...with Prime discount I'm definitely thinking about it

You can find some impressions from Push Square here. Hope you find these valuable: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016...y_is_gorgeous_ginormous_and_potentially_great

However, spending under an hour with this game and coming to any firm conclusions is like eating a grain of rice and trying to evaluate an entire Chinese buffet – it's impossible. The art direction's staggering and the ambition is awe-inspiring. But with the developer proudly parading the game's free-flowing format, it remains to be seen whether it will have the structural hooks to make it worth its trans-galactic fare.

JohnDrake

So this is getting the late June spot. That is usually a place for big games, I think Sony is gonna bet big on it.

Love the box art.

Alienous

Calling it now: The final revelation at the centre of the universe the entire universe is a computer simulation - a Lotus Eater Machine - developed by a scientist named Norman.

Incorrect.

It's actually [soiler]a video of Sean Murray removing his mask to reveal he was Peter Molyneux the whole time, then the camera pans out to reveal the shape of the No Man's Sky universe: a cube. Then Molyneux does a cheeky wink for the camera[/soiler].

£39.99 on GoG.com. No date listed.
£39.99 on Steam. Lists 21st of June.
£39.99 on Humble. Lists June.
£49.99 on PlayStation store. Lists 21st of June.

At least they're not screwing PC players on pricing.

DavidDesu

I like the comments about PSVR. If it really truly was not being worked on then he owes it to people like me to debunk it ASAP, not make.it sound like there's a 99% chance it is happening and that he's just waiting on Sony to unveil the headset price and date before he can confirm it (imagine the HUUUUGE level of hype this will bring if revealed on stage)....

Either say it is or isn't. Don't leave me hanging here... If it is PSVR will dominate sales this Xmas!

Coxy100

Banned
If the limited edition is sold here in the UK by Amazon (Not GAME ffs) then I'm in - looks gorgeous.

Hell I don't even own a PS4 (one day :) )

Osahi

Sony wasn't kidding when they said they would handle this one as a full blown exclusive.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

GavinUK86

Might actually buy it from GoG. It's makes a change to have it release on their as well as Steam.

Really want that collectible ship figure but I've already got 4 or 5 collector's edition preordered this year.

The thing I like the most about this game is that it feels like a fleshed out creative vsion.
I don't care so much about the technical intricacies like pop ins but in lieu of all the streamlined cookie-cutter like games out there today, this one truly feels special.

Like with all games though, I will wait for the first impressions on GAF and review sites that I trust.

Top Bottom