• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

c0Zm1c

I love Cobra, but I think this is knee-jerk. Considering Gamestop is the source, this is grain-o-salt material.

Well he said he called other places too. :p

In one video Cobra talked about what a 'tester' had done in the game but I got the impression he was describing what Brad Shoemaker wrote about in his hands-on article. So may be he does make up stuff. :/

What if I told you that every PS4 game is compatible with PSVR?

Until there's an official announcement, I won't believe it.

Could just be referring to Cinema Mode. Which is my plan, unless it has official support.

Someone call up their Gamestop and ask if Uncharted 4 is going to work with PSVR?

mitchman

Gold Member
Still no information whether VR is supported on the PC at launch? Would be weird if it wasn't, maybe keep that under the rug is part of the Sony deal.

NeoRausch

Still no information whether VR is supported on the PC at launch? Would be weird if it wasn't, maybe keep that under the rug is part of the Sony deal.

I would bet that have a deal with Sony that they can't talk about PC VR support till they announced PSVR support (if coming).

SomTervo

Likely. Sean is great for saying 'I'm super stoked to tell you but I can't tell you'.

I'm torn on whether to get this on the PS4 or the PC.This runs at 60fps on the PS4 right?

Not confirmed. Don't get your hopes up.

I could probably get it 2-3 days earlier on PS4, via my local store which breaks street-date...

But I think the improved performance, draw-distance, etc, on PC will be 100x more worth it.

Those four days will be fucking difficult. At least I should be busy at work then. Web dev makes the days go quick...

Experien

Not sure if I should pass or get it physical so I can sell it off after the charm is come and gone. I don't forsee this game lasting long.

Santar

So is this game online only or can it be played offline? No point in spending extra on a bluray of a game that relies on someone else's hardware.
It can be played offline, though I'm not sure if you can cash in your discoveries for money while offline.
They have not been specific about that part.

When you play online your discoveries are uploaded to a server and then you get paid.
I really hope they have a offline sollution for thIs as I'm not buying what is basically a online only game.

Raven77

Do we know specifically the differences in the PC / PS4 versions outside of the obvious higher resolution and level of detail distance?

Z3M0G

It can be played offline, though I'm not sure if you can cash in your discoveries for money while offline.
They have not been specific about that part.

When you play online your discoveries are uploaded to a server and then you get paid.
I really hope they have a offline sollution for thIs as I'm not buying a online only game.

If the game is meant to be playable "offline", they still need to pay you for discoveries. It would be an unfair / gamebreaking difference if you didn't get paid.

But when you start you likely need to choose between an Online or Offline campaign, and be locked into that permanently. Hopefully you can have multiple save files.

It is the only way the game would work...

pompidu

We're about a month away, shouldn't this have gone to the printers already? Kinda worrying we haven't heard about that yet.

We're about a month away, shouldn't this have gone to the printers already? Kinda worrying we haven't heard about that yet.

If we don't hear about the game going gold by the end of May, then it may be time to worry.

And Sean Murray is both a programmer and main spokesperson for Hello Games. Any time he's talking, that means he ain't codin'.

This thread bump made me sad, thought there was some news :(

Top Bottom