• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky "Super Special Announcement" at PlayStation Experience

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Well, hopefully the announcement is that it's not going to be a major letdown.

Hopefully also, is that they are going to announce things you actually can do in the game.. that you know.. make it actually a game

i want this to be good so bad.. but I'm skeptical as hell.

Zia

Unless they've signed a publishing deal with Sony, they're not going to announce any kind of exclusivity, and definitely not exclusive content.

Probably Morpheus support, which isn't really a surprise.

USC-fan

Banned
Morpheus or exclusivity. Both are megatons.

exclusivity is not a megaton.

That would suck and not be awesome. Great a game that already coming to PS4 now is still coming to PS4. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VR support would be awesome!

stryke

They'll be absolute trolls if they have allowed pics like these -

z206-23_1542vs_verge_super_wide.jpg

z206-23_1532vs_verge_super_wide.jpg

And not have it working with Morpheus.

Yeah, Sony should just go ahead and try and make this full-on exclusive.

If they game has real potential, they should purchase the team before they get too big.

Jomjom

Banned
Chris Roberts to join Sean Murray on stage to announce that NMS is actually a prequel to Star Citizen and Star Citizen to be console exclusive to PS4. Both on Morpheus.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope the announcement is that they now have a more solid and presentable way of showing off how it plays.

I hope they show something soon because currently NMS looks like a poor man's Star Citizen. None of the gameplay has looked interesting so far (although they've shown very little), graphics look pretty poor, and seems to just rely on being big. Here's to hoping they surprise me!

"No Man's Sky will be bundled with the consumer edition of Morpheus."

pls

This would be huge, and would explain Sony exclusivity/partnership so far.

Just imagine the money Sony and Hello Games would make with that kind of partnership.

Meshing both the technology of Morpheus with the sci-fi wonders of NMS.

I guess it's finally time to get on the hype train for this event

Since my wife and dad surprised me with a PS4 for my bday mid-October, I get all giddy at the thought of already owning the console this releases on (I was waiting for this game to buy it myself). I will take the red pill asap.

I hope they show something soon because currently NMS looks like a poor man's Star Citizen. None of the gameplay has looked interesting so far (although they've shown very little), graphics look pretty poor, and seems to just rely on being big. Here's to hoping they surprise me!

I don't pay attention much to Star Citizen, but aren't they really different types of games in general?

I'm betting Morpheus.

When is this event again? December?

Chris Roberts to join Sean Murray on stage to announce that NMS is actually a prequel to Star Citizen and Star Citizen to be console exclusive to PS4. Both on Morpheus.

lol.

Do they even have plans to bring Star Citizen to consoles?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Exclusivity would definitely be a bigger news, but I'm not sure if the devs would do that.

I don't think console exclusivity is necessary if NMS is being adapted to Morpheus. I think most people will want to experience it there.

stryke

No plans. They've got a PS4 dev kit but I doubt they've spent any considerable time with it or getting a working build on it.

Also, I doubt there's any announcement of exclusivity. Doesn't really make it in of itself "memorable" to attendees.

Exclusivity would definitely be a bigger news, but I'm not sure if the devs would do that.
really? I mean, the hype is definitely there, but if the game is best experienced, and released first on PS4/Morpheus, why would a port for PC and X1 down the line have any effect on sales.

If PS4 is the only platform the team wants to focus on, whatever, but I don't see the benefit of Sony shelling out for exclusivity, the game is already associated with PS4, morpheus support would just add to that.

Handy Fake

Morpheus all the way this like.

Gamechanger.

Also, it's making me wonder just how close Sony are to releasing Morpheus if - IF - this is what it actually is.

I think the chance of Morpheus support, without PC VR support if it remains multiplatform seems very unlikely.
yeah, I agree, I meant to say exclusivity isn't necessary if NMS is on Sony's VR. No reason for ports not to come everywhere, especially if it's a big deal and lives up somewhat to the hype.

kyser73

I'm betting Morpheus.

When is this event again? December?

lol.

IIRC Chris said if Sony & MS give him the freedom to develop he would 'look at it'.

I'd say don't count any fowl on that one.

I'm actually almost vibrating at the thought this could be a Morpheus launch title.

I mean it probably won't be and a release date for the PS4 version will be enough, but nnnggggkkkgnnnnn.

nullpoynter

really? I mean, the hype is definitely there, but if the game is best experienced, and released first on PS4/Morpheus, why would a port for PC and X1 down the line have any effect on sales.

If PS4 is the only platform the team wants to focus on, whatever, but I don't see the benefit of Sony shelling out for exclusivity, the game is already associated with PS4, morpheus support would just add to that.

True, but the development team is small, correct? Maybe Sony has invested more into the game then we know.

StuBurns

Banned
yeah, I agree, I meant to say exclusivity isn't necessary if NMS is on Sony's VR. No reason for ports not to come everywhere, especially if it's a big deal and lives up somewhat to the hype.
But surely that's the opposite?

VR is one area where the PC will blatantly outclass consoles. Obviously in general they can, but the dedicated VR enthusiasts are going to be heading for PC where you can hugely improve the resolution and framerate.

However, content is King. If the best VR titles are exclusive, fans of the technology are more likely to bite on Sony's version, despite technically getting a much better experience on their rig.

Top Bottom