• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Dark_castle

So what exactly IS S-E showing this E3? XV is a no-show, and KH3 was fucking text.

It's crazy to think there was ever a time when this company was relevant.

I strongly doubt XV is a total no-show. As I said earlier, FFXV was said to skip TGS 2013. It was still exhibited with few extra seconds of footages. Not a lot obviously, but it was there.

Willing to bet the only thing done in this game is the visual works cutscenes, so that's probably all they can viably show. And since this game is supposed to have considerably less CG, they can't really afford to show it all in trailers.

If I had to guess, they're probably struggling with gameplay in an open world environment. Working on a game and the engine it's using at the same time is probably not working very well for them. They probably don't have good x11 gameplay yet and don't want to show the obviously ps3-quality assets again since they're shooting for higher quality graphics then what we saw last year. The wait would be much better if they'd at least tell us where they're at development wise.

It all comes down to the inability for many Japanese developers still not able to adjust to HD development. If only this was exclusive sony could send in some western help, like Cerny or something.

Willing to bet the only thing done in this game is the visual works cutscenes, so that's probably all they can viably show. And since this game is supposed to have considerably less CG, they can't really afford to show it all in trailers.

If I had to guess, they're probably struggling with gameplay in an open world environment. Working on a game and the engine it's using at the same time is probably not working very well for them. They probably don't have good x11 gameplay yet and don't want to show the obviously ps3-quality assets again since they're shooting for higher quality graphics then what we saw last year. The wait would be much better if they'd at least tell us where they're at development wise.

It all comes down to the inability for many Japanese developers still not able to adjust to HD development. If only this was exclusive sony could send in some western help, like Cerny or something.

Like I said earlier in the thread I don't why SE doesn't outsource different parts of the game to different teams like Ubisoft does. Now obviously Ubi is much larger than SE but between Square's internal teams and its Eidos branch I'm" sure they could work out something to push the game out.

Shinta

Banned
Bn97WiiCUAA-pJ4.png
Well damn, I never saw this. If they announce Agito + Type-0, I'm totally fine with this. They said XV will be shown this year.

HeelPower

why the hell did they do last year's huge presentation ?

They made Nomura,who hardly enjoys public appearances, fly to LA and do tons of interviews, took like 6-7 minutes out of sony's conference and even flew to paris to replay the trailers.

Why do all this then follow up with sickening silence for two years ?

Baffling decisions.

Dark Oni

i'd be more surprised if they did have anything to show
8 years of development and still nothing to show what does that say about the quality of game not good

We had a thread about it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821485

Honestly i don't see how it's possible to confuse Agito with Type 0 and if Square wants to rename Agito in Type 0 then what would be the point of the "j" in "FinalFantasyAgitoj.app"?

But again this is Square France(i'm not sure it knows everything) and i really want Type 0...

Ah, thank you. Small hope, but SE might redeem themselves for me if true.

theofficefan99

Actually I'm pretty sure this'll have the most amount of CGI cinematics in FF history. All non-playable cutscenes are in CGI, and back when the game was Versus XIII it was confirmed that around 30% of cutscenes are made by Visual Works (I know he said the ratio was 7:3 but pretty sure he meant 30%).

They made Nomura,who hardly enjoys public appearances, fly to LA and do tons of interviews, took like 6-7 minutes out of sony's conference and even flew to paris to replay the trailers.

Baffling decisions.

I dunno, was he physically there for E3? All I remember is the video of him apologising for keeping people in the dark for so long before the FFXV trailer properly came up.

They pulled off a show last year for a simple reason. Next-gen time. Everyone else was showing off their goods and their visions for the upcoming gen. If everyone else was bringing along new supercars to the party, you wouldn't want to be the one stuck with the used Volvo.

Mr. Fix

Baffling decisions.

My guess is that they wanted to help flesh out the next-gen userbase by the time the game releases.

Actually I'm pretty sure this'll have the most amount of CGI cinematics in FF history. All non-playable cutscenes are in CGI, and back when the game was Versus XIII it was confirmed that around 30% of cutscenes are made by Visual Works (I know he said the ratio was 7:3 but pretty sure he meant 30%).

If I remember correctly, it was said Nomura wanted all non-playable cutscenes to be CGI, but that this wasn't possible.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said earlier in the thread I don't why SE doesn't outsource different parts of the game to different teams like Ubisoft does. Now obviously Ubi is much larger than SE but between Square's internal teams and its Eidos branch I'm" sure they could work out something to push the game out.

Who knows whether they're already doing that or not. XIV ARR was made with lots of outsourcing. So were XIII-2 and X & X-2 HD. LR was probably also although Toriyama said there was less outsourcing for the game as compared to XIII-2. Toriyama also said that it was something the company is considering when it comes to making games.

I'm not too fond of the idea though, seeing how SE has problems managing what they already have. Will they be competent to do outsourcing like Ubisoft and coordinate things across the globe? Even Ubisoft employees have problems with visually how everything will come together because they do not always know what other teams are doing.

If I remember correctly, it was said Nomura wanted all non-playable cutscenes to be CGI, but that this wasn't possible.

They kept changing their minds though. One year it was "More real time because we can make them look so good now" and then next was "Nah less real time and now the Stella meets Noctis scene at the party is CGI!" and then they changed their statement again.

Some Nobody

Hashimoto said "no new information", but it doesn't mean FFXV will definitely be complete no show. It's still a possibility for extended trailer of some sort with no meaningful, new information. Really, really hope this is the case.

Just makes zero sense for the game to not even be mentioned/showcased in such a huge video game convention.

Edit

"There's no time to go into detail today, but we'll have more news in the days to go" - quote by Nomura himself before delivering E3 2013 trailer

It was reported that FFXV will skip TGS 2013, yet it showed up anyway with few seconds of new footage. Of course they change nothing, but still I have a feeling it would show up with some extended footage, maybe a little.

Replaying the same trailer as the last one with a shot or two of new footage is a waste of time. Conferences only run for so long, and I don't want them using up time on replays.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Replaying the same trailer as the last one with a shot or two of new footage is a waste of time. Conferences only run for so long, and I don't want them using up time on replays.

"Hey Sony would you like to replay our old trailer with 5 seconds of new footage that were actually done last year, for last year's E3 trailer, but was never shown before? Again?"

Fjordson

This topic had somehow eluded me until just now. The state of Final Fantasy continues to depress me, though I can't say I'm terribly surprised at this point.

I want to believe XV will restore the series to its former glory, but that belief is steadily fading.

TheTux

A few extra seconds. Is this what we've come to?
One in-game picture of Stella and everything will be forgiven!

Nomura your first girlfriend must've hated you, all you are is a tease.
Lol I laughed at this.

That interview is old, things probably changed since then (referring to the raio).

Since we now have the audio of Hashimoto's Comic-com interview and a good translation, it really does seem like he's hinting it will be at TGS (in an attempt to soften the blow of hinting it's e3 absence.) Then again, this company is a bit a joke so I'm not holding my breath.

Kichigo92

Banned

Baffling decisions.

Lol, if he wasn't wasting so much time flying around they could have done more work on the game and had something to show this E3!

Sciortino

Guys they're pulling the same stunt from last year. They have no info on XV because its no longer named FFXV. It will now be renamed to FF: This game took way to damn long to complete XVI.

raven777

Since we now have the audio of Hashimoto's Comic-com interview and a good translation, it really does seem like he's hinting it will be at TGS (in an attempt to soften the blow of hinting it's e3 absence.) Then again, this company is a bit a joke so I'm not holding my breath.

do you have the link to the audio?

do you have the link to the audio?

Thanks to FFPlanet: Are media fire links okay? If not, I apologize.

Translation courtesy of SQEX_Gal

Q: Information on FF15 and KH3?

Hashimoto: Still secret, just wait a little longer, for a surprise. There are a lot of events this year after E3 2014 in June. Besides E3, there is San Diego Comic Con, Gamescom, TGS, etc. We want to do a lot of announcements. You’ll want to come to Tokyo!

To me it sounds like he was trying to avoid the E3 topic by talking about all the events it could show up at instead. But who knows. The thing about tokyo is a literal translation so thats got me thinking it actually good be at TGS.

benjammin

which will be released 1st?

• Final Fantasy XV
  • The Last Guardian
  • Dr Dre's "Detox" album?

The better question is: which will be released first, ff15 or a ff7 remake. Keep in mind we've seen as much from the ff7 remake that isn't in development as we've seen from ff15 which has been in the oven for 8 years.

TheTux

The better question is: which will be released first, ff15 or a ff7 remake. Keep in mind we've seen as much from the ff7 remake that isn't in development as we've seen from ff15 which has been in the oven for 8 years.

FFXV of course.

And all we have about FFVII Remake is that PS3 Tech Demo opening, don't we?

Loakum

Banned

SquareEnix act like they're scared to make a FF7 remake. Don't ask me why?

And when it's not at TGS people waiting will be told "Just wait to E3 2015. It'll definitely be there guys." until we find out that it's not at E3 and we're told to wait until TGS.
when its not at TGS, it will be at an event later this year as said by SE. Then we have not heard about the game for 15-18 month.. it doesn't matter, nobody cares about that when the game is released.

TheTux

The official FF XV account is not official, just some fan-made one.

Yeah I wonder why so many people use the word official when it's not and I also wonder why people write those kind of random articles.

SquareEnix act like they're scared to make a FF7 remake. Don't ask me why?

I guess because it's a huge game and it has to be perfect.

Top Bottom