• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Shosai

Banned
Give them a break guys. If their past record is any indication, they had no idea how FFXV would even play until they made that trailer.

LOL FFGaf you really need to chill. SE would like to show news about that game later this year (TGS is very likely). So we have not got any news for 12 month now.. when they show it at TGS we would haven't heard about that gamr for 15 month.. whats the difference?.. in the end it doesn't matter. smh really
Same old shit since 2006. Doubt it'll show up on TGS, it hasn't for years.

This game will be a failure due to the ridiculous dev time and expectations made because of that. SE is incompetent.

This is another Duke Nukem to me.

LOL FFGaf you really need to chill. SE would like to show news about that game later this year (TGS is very likely). So we have not got any news for 12 month now.. when they show it at TGS we would haven't heard about that gamr for 15 month.. whats the difference?.. in the end it doesn't matter. smh really

We've been doing the "maybe TGS" dance for the past several years, bro.

Son Of D

And when it's not at TGS people waiting will be told "Just wait to E3 2015. It'll definitely be there guys." until we find out that it's not at E3 and we're told to wait until TGS.

HeelPower

And when it's not at TGS people waiting will be told "Just wait to E3 2015. It'll definitely be there guys." until we find out that it's not at E3 and we're told to wait until TGS.

I think itll be at E32015.

Nothing will be shown at TGS/Gamescom etc.That's Naive.

TnK

I don't know yet. Too far out at this point.

Ah well, at this point, I don't know how to feel about this game. Time to let the hype die, and simply wait for its release I guess. Seems like the stream of information that we were supposed to get will not be coming any time soon.

HeelPower

Not really. It would be if Hashimoto would have said the usual vague comments of "you will see it soon" but he was really specific this time, saying that we would see it at later events THIS YEAR for sure.

Even if they show something it will be some minor update.

No info blowout similar to E32013 will come this year.If this year had anything significant ,it would have been at E3.

vareon

lol, I guess people are also hammering the Bravely Second twitter account.

ブレイブリーデフォルト @BDFF_OFFICIAL · 3m
Wait for the information of the BRAVELY SECOND until summer.

This game is gonna have it's 10 year anniversary before it's even released

people who seriously think this game has been on a full dev cycle for 10 years are delusional. it's most likely that they just started making the game a couple of years back and hasn't been touching it until then.

nomura and the game devs worked on a dozen or so games after this was announced. ff7 crisis core, birth by sleep, etc.

the problem isn't that they're making the game for far too long. it's that they announced it too early without even going into full production. it was probably even the earliest phases of preproduction and the first video was a concept video pitched to se.

The game is at least two, three years away. I don't think we'll see it in 2015. But at least eventually it'll be released, unlike the last guardian....

people who seriously think this game has been on a full dev cycle for 10 years are delusional. it's most likely that they just started making the game a couple of years back and hasn't been touching it until then.

nomura and the game devs worked on a dozen or so games after this was announced. ff7 crisis core, birth by sleep, etc.

the problem isn't that they're making the game for far too long. it's that they announced it too early without even going into full production. it was probably even the earliest phases of preproduction and the first video was a concept video pitched to se.

No. Stop this argument, it's ridiculous in 2014. No matter when they started their "full dev cycle," it has 10 years after announcement and initial planning and they still have nothing more than a shoddy "gameplay" trailer to show. It's incompetence and shitty management and that's all.

At this point, I honestly think Square is going to sink this generation. This game is going to be their new Spirits Within and nobody is going to bail them out.

Dice//

Banned
ymZsVMH.gif

^SQEX                                           ^Fans 

I just found out that S-E France few days ago could've teased a Type-0 apperance at E3 through twitter... better be true.

shinobi's insider information came about when someone asked him "Will we see Type-0 and/or XV at E3" and he replied with "):" so I definitely am not thinking that we will see Type-0 there, since his prediction came out to be correct with XV.

Dark_castle

Hashimoto said "no new information", but it doesn't mean FFXV will definitely be complete no show. It's still a possibility for extended trailer of some sort with no meaningful, new information. Really, really hope this is the case.

Just makes zero sense for the game to not even be mentioned/showcased in such a huge video game convention.

Edit

"There's no time to go into detail today, but we'll have more news in the days to go" - quote by Nomura himself before delivering E3 2013 trailer

It was reported that FFXV will skip TGS 2013, yet it showed up anyway with few seconds of new footage. Of course they change nothing, but still I have a feeling it would show up with some extended footage, maybe a little.

Hashimoto said "no new information", but it doesn't mean FFXV will definitely be complete no show. It's still a possibility for extended trailer of some sort with no meaningful, new information. Really, really hope this is the case.

Just makes zero sense for the game to not even be mentioned/showcased in such a huge video game convention.

You seem to overestimate SE

Well, I wasn't really looking forward to Final Fantasy XV that much. I'm not really a big fan of Final Fantasy I guess.

But I know a lot of people are, so I can see why a lot of people are disappointed.
I'm sorry to hear that for y'all who are really looking forward to Final Fantasy XV.

Vire

Just going to throw this out there

Maybe E3 isn't as huge a video game event as people are accustomed to it being?

Nope.

Bigger than ever. When was the last time you had E3 being shown in goddamn movie theaters across the United States? Not to mention it being broadcasted on national television...

Well, i wonder how much responsability shares Nomura on this. It's impossible that they don't have anything to show, specially with that trailer last year. My mind keeps telling me this is just an illusion of a game, that the "gameplay" trailers are fake and they're still far away from finishing development of a title, mistakingly announced 8 years ago.

I don't know why i'm still so deeply disappointed, and why i still trust this bunch of clowns at SE.

Whatever, at least we have Monolith Soft, I'm a few hours in on Xenoblade and it's a fucking amazing JRPG.

Kelia

I would be happy if they even showed some character and design concepts, or a couple of screenshots. At least then they would be showing some prove that they are at least working on SOMETHING related to the game.

People are going to lose interest in this game if they do not release information, especially considering the history of the game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
They meant the iPhone game.

No really. The question was specifically regarding Type-0 and the answer was vague enough to not imply much other than the brand probably making an apperance. Hopefully is not Agito (or not just agito). Remember that Tabata kept saying that before that they should take Type-0? Maybe them both!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Could have teased Type-0
Could have teased
Could have

*Sigh*

Do you mind pointing to the tweet in question or, at the very least, where you found this out?

I'd like to think they wouldn't mix up Agito with Type-0.

Bn97WiiCUAA-pJ4.png

We had a thread about it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821485

Honestly i don't see how it's possible to confuse Agito with Type 0 and if Square wants to rename Agito in Type 0 then what would be the point of the "j" in "FinalFantasyAgitoj.app"?

But again this is Square France(i'm not sure it knows everything) and i really want Type 0...

Eidan

So what exactly IS S-E showing this E3? XV is a no-show, and KH3 was fucking text.

It's crazy to think there was ever a time when this company was relevant.

Top Bottom