• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not confirmed: Dark Souls 3 PC framerate to be locked at 30 fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Miyazaki refuse to confirm that it runs at 60fps in 2015 when asked

the PC build last week was 30fps locked

and now this

60fps is obviously not their priority with this game and I hope people don't get their hopes up.

Buburibon

No chance it'll be capped (not locked, can't set a minimum) at 30.

Yeah, when did people quit using the proper term for this? It's only "locked" when it doesn't waver above or below the set frame rate. Otherwise it's "capped."

In any case, and with all due respect to the support staff, I don't think they're qualified to talk about frame rate caps on the PC version at this time. For that reason, I'm still not worried at all.

bede-x

Can't believe that. Would be too backwards after Dark Souls 2, but they can keep it if that truly is the case.

notto disu shitto agen.

you'd think bamco would get everyone on the same page for this release considering the series' past on PC.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can't believe that. Would be too backwards after Dark Souls 2, but they can keep it if that truly is the case.

People would have said the same about Arkham Knight. Would you have thought that after the first three titles, AK would be the way it was? And capped too, if I might add?

eah From Software's trailers have never been misleading befo- http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_dark_souls_ii_tgs_trailer-30829_en.html

Oh.

...Oooohh.

Calm down vince. That was a different thing.

Downgrading the game's internal lighting and shadowing rendering =/ arbitrarily locking the game @ 30 fps when its prequel did not.
I feel like FUD could use some rebranding. There's an element of 'outrage' that should fit in there somewhere.

Impotent Gamer Whinge

IGWA
AAAAAA
H

convo

Framerate questions are jokes when directed at From. If it's not supported even someone other than Durante, if he doesn't want to ,can make it 60fps latter. The PC version comes out with the western release right? Maybe there is work left to be done.

Vitor711

I'm going to assume that we're having issues with the terms 'locked' and 'capped' again.

Assuming they meant the former although, again, low lever support people are not the best to ask about this.

After the stellar improvements made from DkS1 to DkS2 on PC, I'd be shocked that Bamco don't realise that 60FPS is a standard option. They clearly showed they care and I doubt they'd revert things here.

Calm down vince. That was a different thing.

Downgrading the game's internal lighting and shadowing rendering =/ arbitrarily locking the game @ 30 fps when its prequel did not.

It's not necessarily arbitrary if the game's logic is tied to frame rate as it has been in the past.

I don't see it as a different thing at all, only one of their games has ever been 60fps and that was on a different engine by a "B team".

Ctrl+F "Durante," yup :)

But still, that reply is from an online support team member, she likely doesn't know anything.

Off topic- I am naming my STR/FTH character Durante and will be the bestest Sunbro.

Maybe because of all of the issues it caused. Having equipment break down at twice the rate is why I stopped playing it and now that it's fixed, I have no desire to go back to it

I couldn't care less about weapons breaking faster. It sucked but oh well I repaired more often. 60fps is so worth it.

KainXVIII

This makes no sense, by the way From Software fix item degrading issue in PC and console versions of SOTFS edition.

Bsigg12

Seems like the support is just taking a guess and has no idea. Well I hope that's the case, seems strange to go backwards from DS2.

impact

Banned
60fps is obviously not their priority with this game and I hope people don't get their hopes up.

What does this even mean? We are talking about a PC game. They just flip the switch and let people's hardware dictate the frames they get. Locking it to 30fps is just being a shitty developer for no reason.

@Wreck

its a possibility that should not come as a surprise

BB was 30 fps no? and if they are using that as a target, then you could see a 30fps on console and modded/native 60fps on pc

What does this even mean? We are talking about a PC game. They just flip the switch and let people's hardware dictate the frames they get. Locking it to 30fps is just being a shitty developer for no reason.

Once again, Souls 1 was locked to 30 and unlocking it can have consequences with the actual game because they tie things to the frame rate.

CHC

"Not confirmed."

You're talking to a customer service rep, I guarantee that they follow the progress of this game less than the average NeoGAF user.

Piers

Gameplay is based on framerate (30fps or so in this regard). IIRC turning on 60fps in DS1 sped up the game's logic by double.

impact

Banned
Once again, Souls 1 was locked to 30 and unlocking it can have consequences with the actual game because they tie things to the frame rate.
Gameplay is based on framerate (30fps or so in this regard). IIRC turning on 60fps in DS1 sped up the game's logic by double.

yet for some reason I never had an issue with 60fps, nice bullshit =D

p7ArCad.png

if yall really couldn't make it back to the tutorial level in 60fps, git gud at jumping nubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom