• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

jmaine_ph

Under 200k for The Order? Ouch

Edit: I would really like to know what the digital sales were.

Edit: I'm a fool that does say greater than and I'm supposed to be a business major? Lol

Mikey Jr.

Seems right, I got
PS4 352k
XB1 276k
Wii U 98k

Close to 80k more for PS4.

Once that price drop comes in, thats fucking it.

That James Bond gif with the PS4 issues not affecting its sales are so god damn true. Because it sure as hell isn't The Order pushing hardware.

You know I wonder if ALBW didn't sell because it was 2D.

Looking at Majora, it got great reviews, but ALBW was being heralded as being one of the most well made new Zeldas.

So what's the difference?

pixelation

Going by that LTD pie, if MS goes "loco mode" once more come holiday time, and Sony continues doing pretty much nothing, that gap will switch sides.

jjonez18

I upped my prediction when Sony announced 20.2m. Even still, I underestimate how well the thing sells. It did better than Feb 2014 if I'm not mistaken.
~350k is great.

Mikey Jr.

What issues?

oZ55XgP.gif

Issues may be a strong word. Lets say negatives.

heidern

Good opening for the N3DS. The $249 launch price for the 3DS was pretty much rejected by the market but seems $199 is a viable price for a handheld. Put your money on this being the launch price for the next handheld. Great sales for Majora and Monster Hunter. Upcoming software lineup doesn't seem that strong though so hardware sales could drop to fairly modest levels again over the next couple of months but the hardware revision has done it's job.

PS4+XBO have had a good month, especially after a surprisingly weak January. Was a decent month for software releases though and again the software lineup for the rest of the year doesn't seem that strong. It's a tough comparison with last year where there was Watchdogs and Destiny as well as Titanfall and next gen COD/AC. There also hasn't been many Japanese games so Bloodborne may struggle if the Japanese oriented audience has remained on last gen. Although conversely this may mean Bloodborne has a good effect on hardware sales for the month. XBO also doesn't have Titanfall to give March a boost.

Wii U has had a surprisingly good month considering it beat last years sales boost from Donkey Kong. Mario Kart/Smash Bros are no doubt still selling consoles and giving the console a higher baseline. Or put another way, consoles sell more because of the game library rather than individual system selling releases. With a price cut later this year or next year Wii U might even sell more next year than this year. It won't be a complete turnaround but Nintendo have managed to salvage the Wii U from a complete disaster to a modicum of respectibility.

Bgamer90

Banned
Under 300K for The Order is surprising to me. Less niche than Bloodborne so I'm now really wondering how well Bloodborne will do when it releases this month.

Striek

LTTP but midlly surprised at the 3DS' performance and the PS4/XBOne. Maybe dedicated platforms have more life left in them than I gave them credit for.

And WOW @ The Order "discussion". People are absolutely frothing at the mouth at both sides of the fence. Not a shred of reasonsed discussion ITT. Its a little bit sad that its become the focal point of this thread for utterly juvenile reasons.

SDCowboy

Under 300K for The Order is surprising to me. Less niche than Bloodborne so I'm now really wondering how well Bloodborne will do when it releases this month.

Bloodborne is likely going to get a bunch of 9's and some 10's. Completely different situations.

Top Bottom