• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

The Order seems ok to me. It could have been a lot better obviously but it also could have been worse, given the critical reception and backlash it got. I hope it does well enough to get a sequel anyway.

Im surprised at those Evolve numbers, that is great for them.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Under 300K for The Order is surprising to me. Less niche than Bloodborne so I'm now really wondering how well Bloodborne will do when it releases this month.
Bloodborne is gonna at least double The Order with no problem. Especially if it reviews decently. The PS4 has been starving for a great retail exclusive since launch IMO and owners are waiting for "that game". I know I am.

AmuroChan

Yeah, I'll be surprised if we get a sequel

Edit: Though I have no idea how its doing in Europe, maybe that will be enough to make up the sales

I'd be surprised if we don't get a sequel. You don't spend all that money and time on a next-gen engine like that for a one-off game. A sequel would take considerably less time and a smaller budget. Sony is also not Microsoft. They'll give RAD a shot at redemption.

Bgamer90

Banned
What are your expectations?

I was honestly expecting The Order to do almost twice than it actually did. Thought the game's mind blowing graphics would help it. Guess the reviews hurt it more than I thought.

Would be surprised to see Bloodborne get over 250K now.

Bloodborne is likely going to get a bunch of 9's and some 10's. Completely different situations.

The reviews will help in terms of interest/people wanting to give it a chance (well, if it does well in reviews). I just don't know by how much though.

Under 300K for The Order is surprising to me. Less niche than Bloodborne so I'm now really wondering how well Bloodborne will do when it releases this month.

I think consumers are getting smarter. If Bloodborne reviews well it will probably sell well. Plus the souls series is very popular, I've seen a ton of people that have been on the sidelines up till now picking a PS4 up just to play this gMe. I'd be surprised if it isn't #1 for this month ahead of BFH

Bloodborne is gonna at least double The Order with no problem. Especially if it reviews decently. The PS4 has been starving for a great retail exclusive since launch IMO and owners are waiting for "that game". I know I am.

A very small segment of owners. From Software has a rabid fanbase but it is very small. Didn't Dark Souls 2 do like 2.5M sales across all platforms?

I'm not "concern trolling" -- I honestly thought the game would do better and feel that a game of The Order's nature is more attractive to American audience than a hardcore Japanese RPG.
Agree

so the right side is LTD? I'm still confused with the color codes...

PS4=Red to illustrate how much it is murdering the competition.
Xbox One=Blue to illustrate its calm in preseason.
WiiU=Green to illustrate its nauseatingly bad sales.

Do not hate me its just a joke.

Nvm that is March.

jmaine_ph

Man I hope The Order gets a sequel. I have a feeling it did ok digitally and in Europe. I think enough for a sequel. That games has so much potential it's not even funny.

Sorry, I was just looking at the Order and the Nintendo system titles in the top 10.

But even with the most sales, what is the attach rate?

Last figures that were released, the attach rate was 4.4 with 18.5 million sold.

Lower than the Wii U, but higher than the PS3 at this stage of it's life. Not sure how it compares with the Xbone, but certainly not a bad attach rate!

I was honestly expecting The Order to do almost twice than it actually did. Thought the game's mind blowing graphics would help it. Guess the reviews hurt it more than I thought.

Would be surprised to see Bloodborne get over 200K now.

Really?

Even with a larger install base, that would put Order above Second Son. (<400k)

There was no world where with the game's reception and previews would it had done above an established IP's 3rd in the franchise.

impact

Banned
A very small segment of owners. From Software has a rabid fanbase but it is very small. Didn't Dark Souls 2 do like 3M sales across all platforms?

1.2M in 3 weeks on 2 platforms (and like I mentioned earlier, people were waiting on the PC release too)

That's quite good for such a hardcore series. Bloodborne has even more hype than DS2 had as well.

WHAAAAAAT

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is on track to be the worst selling Kirby game of all-time. It only did 58k in Japan before dropping off the top 20 altogether. It's going to struggle to get to 200k worldwide at this rate.

Nintendo must be shitting themselves. The solid New 3DS performance is being undermined by disastrous Wii U software and hardware sales.

I'm really wondering how different this would be if Zelda remake was on Wii U and Kirby was (rightfully) on handheld. It's like Nintendo ain't even trying with the Wii U just cause the 3DS is doing well.

65: > 200k

77 / 75: 46% / 54%, total < 500k

76: ~ 52k

WHAAAAAAT

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is on track to be the worst selling Kirby game of all-time. It only did 58k in Japan before dropping off the top 20 altogether. It's going to struggle to get to 200k worldwide at this rate.

Nintendo must be shitting themselves. The solid New 3DS performance is being undermined by disastrous Wii U software and hardware sales.

Usobuko

Banned
So numbers are actually good for Feb? (I mean hardware).
All of 3DS / PS4 / XB1 went higher than I expected.

I think the numbers are good but then again, this Feb has The Order & Evolve AAA new releases ( maybe if you count Xenoverse as well ) where as last feb has virtually nothing for new consoles. 2014 Feb numbers were:

PS4: 286.7K
Xbox One: 258K
Wii U: Nearly 82.5K

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm sure God of War had legs though, I can't say the same thing about The Order.

Yeah, word of mouth helped God of War. I remember some not being interested in it at first since it was a new IP late during the PS2's life. All of the "10/10" reviews helped though.

You think its gonna do over 400k in 1 week? Man if it pulls that off Sony / From will be over the moon.

Kerned

Banned

Would be surprised to see Bloodborne get over 250K now.

The reviews will help in terms of interest/people wanting to give it a chance (well, if it does well in reviews). I just don't know by how much though.

I think a lot of people smelled The Order coming months before it arrived, and avoided it. Bloodborne is getting nothing but positive buzz at this point. Combine that with the overwhelmingly negative post-release press The Order received, and it should be obvious why they are completely different situations.

Top Bottom