• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

PhatSaqs

Banned
It's possible, but to reach that number it will need some help from the mainstream gamers. Infamous is a known franchise, rated T, and generally looks more kid-friendly. Bloodborne is a new IP, rated M, and a lot of parents will probably shy away from buying it for their kids.
So what are we thinking? Similar numbers to The Order? No way in hell lol. BB is hyped to the Moon right now and will continue to build for the next week plus. Its already in the top 10 on Amazon before reviews. Im doubling down and saying If it reviews well it'll easily double The Order.

orochi91

There hasn't really been any super successful new IPs this gen outside of Destiny so far. I'm not even sure what could come along and just explode in popularity like Gears did early last gen.

GG new IP, Horizon.

Robo dinosaurs is an instant mega-hit, especially if they release it around Jurassic World launch.

Peak hype.

truth411

According to creams chart, my rough estimates are:

PS4: ~48.5%
XB1: ~38%
WiiU: ~13.5%

Therefore if XB1 is 276k like some are saying, PS4 would be 352k

Wait a sec, where is this 276k coming from for the X1? If the X1 did 151k in January, that would mean 151 x 1.84= 278k. Right?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
As far as I understand, there are no games designed specifically for the New 3DS that flat-out won't work on the old 3DS, right? So it's similar to say, GB->GBC situation. I'm not 100% on this, so feel free to correct me. If there are indeed N3DS-only games made, then the line definitely gets blurry if it's the same platform or not.

Vena

It would probably be bigger if it wasn't limited to a handheld. The action games market in the US is on anything but handheld.

But it's Capcpom so yea nothing they ever do really makes any sense.

No, it really wouldn't be smart of Capcom considering the millions of sales they see on the handheld in Japan from this title. This is something that makes A LOT of sense.

Heck, MonHun is built to be mobile.

Sony doesn't know what a handheld is. PS4 is the best selling console. 3ds is the best selling gaming device.

I think Sony isn't counting N3DS with the 3DS family. Cause sorry to break to you guys, it's isnt the same. Its iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 here. Nintendo has to call it "3DS" family.

heidern

If The Order cost $50M - $100M to develop and market and 'only' ends up selling 1M units then that could mean it loses Sony tens of millions of dollars. AAA market is tough.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
If The Order cost $50M - $100M to develop and market and 'only' ends up selling 1M units then that could mean it loses Sony tens of millions of dollars. AAA market is tough.
That is true. I doubt it cost more than 50M though, no way 100. That team is small by AAA standards.

Jigorath

Banned

Uncharted 2 had a budget of 20m. If Ready at Dawn went anywhere near 100m Sony should stop working with them immediately. That said, I don't think the cost is anywhere near that much.

As far as I understand, there are no games designed specifically for the New 3DS that flat-out won't work on the old 3DS, right? So it's similar to say, GB->GBC situation. I'm not 100% on this, so feel free to correct me. If there are indeed N3DS-only games made, then the line definitely gets blurry if it's the same platform or not.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is New 3DS exclusive.

Also how is this good for Nintendo? Is Wii U a lost cause? Going the way of the PSV? Or are they expecting the Amiibo fad to last forever? they'll probably make more money releasing a new Zelda game on handheld then on Wii U.

Why all the focus on Sony? Looks like everyone had a good month - good for all I'd say. The industry is doing well.

I don't have a Wii U but wish it was doing better but at least Ninty had a good month overall with 3ds sales.

Top Bottom