• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Darknight

Untitled-2f28ed.gif

second try

Oh my hahahaha.

Minions

So $60,000,000 in lost potential profits (1.2mil x $50 (the price reduction)); Excluding loss for games bundled. That is a lot of money.

A lot more when you add in bundle losses for games included.

Mrbob

That percentage looks closer to what I had heard. Not having access to data myself I was shocked when I read the 7 to 10k range.

Actually, the Cboat number is probably right now that I think about it.

710K that is the PS4 lead on XB1 still. PS4 had about a 1120K lead on XB1 through November and XB1 outsold PS4 by 400K in November. PS4 November is still good and the XB1 specials did work.

Rembrandt

Banned
lmao, glad I was skeptical of him from the beginning. idk why you guys put so much faith in him when his track record has been pretty shitty since the XB1's launch.

Amir0x

Banned
Ah, found my prediction:

Amir0x said:
My prediction is actually a 200k gap, but I actually think that's likely to be a lowball estimate. I think the gap might be closer to 350k-400k for the month. But there's so much raw data out there and analysis it's hard to get a precise picture on a few important details about PS4 and XBO necessary to say what the gap might be.

So I predicted 200k at low range, but expected the gap to be closer to 350k-400k. And for this prediction everyone said I was way exaggerating Microsoft Xbox One's potential :p

BlackBuzzard

BlackBuzzard said:
350-400K is pretty out there at most i see a 200K gap.

samar11

That's a big fucking gap mate, so it would make it a meltdown type thread lol.

Anihawk - his is a thoughtful post, not reserved for crow. Just reference to the implications of this gap:

Anihawk said:
if the gap is as wide as you suspect, then i think it means lower interest in the ps4 than anticipated, and higher xbox one numbers than there should be.

Bgamer90:

BGamer90 said:
Both the PS4 and Xbox One will get a large boost this month (since it's November) so I don't think the gap will be that large.

Nightengale:

Nightengale said:
Because if we subscribe purely to the assumption that these deals will push the edge equal or on par with how Destiny pushed PS4, that falls us to the Pachter trap.

Because the reality is that ever since June/July, if we look 'purely' at value and deals, XB1 has been better than PS4 for a long time now. Forza was bundled at 399, Madden bundle at some retailers had a $50 GC, Destiny launch week had a Free Game Promotion... October's timeframe had Forza Horizon 2/Sunset Overdrive...

All of the above didfuckingnothing.jpg to push XB1 anywhere close to the sales of PS4. Imagine if MS didn't have that week-long Free Game Promo. The gap might had been 400k, for all we know.

In other words, from the sales figures, it's easy to come to this conclusion that good deals alone do not close the sales gap between PS4 and XB1.

If we take that logic to its peak, then even a CRAZY AMAZING DEAL might not be that big of a factor in pushing sales over PS4.

Eg. Something that would had given PS4 a 300k lead over XB1 might only give XB1 a 100k lead.

Anyway, rest of the perp walk here :p

All in good fun, but don't underestimate price conscious consumers brosefs :D

Biker19

Banned
well, if the gap truly is 400k, Microsoft should be commended for the way they have turned things around.

SCEA on the other hand, continues their streak as the tone deaf and most inept branch of SCE. They were never arrogant, just incompetent.

I agree with this. SCEA needs new management. Badly.

maxiell

Really smart from Microsoft to be so aggressive, offering $100 for 360s and PS3s at all their Microsoft Stores was pretty huge. Donating them to hospitals was a nice touch, too.

I think people who were going to buy an Xbox One this holiday season would have bought one with all the sales going on, so I don't expect December to be as big.

Yup. About a week ago I had predicted 350k sales gap on neoGAF at low end and suggested it might be considerably larger than my lowball estimate based on musings.

It ended up being 450,000 sales gap. Besting Destiny sales gap month.

That is exactly the type of range I was anticipating. The enthusiasm at this price range was real. That's why CBOAT's initial numbers were so shocking, and why I urged skepticism regarding accepting them at face value. Didn't sync up with real world accounts.

You were right. Great call.

Boy, do I feel like a moron now.

Top Bottom