• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Can't see PS4 selling over 1m in November at all. It's not gonna jump from an initial price-cut boosted 276k to 1m+.

It seems to me this Star Wars Battlefront hype that you all keep going on about hasn't materialized.

If it doesn't hit those heady heights, what we are witnessing is the slow but inexorable marginalization of the US as a videogame market when viewed worldwide.

It sold 850k last year Nov when it sold 296k in Oct .
This year it has much better bundles and the 299 price point for BF.

Elandyll

Banned
Can't see PS4 selling over 1m in November at all. It's not gonna jump from an initial price-cut boosted 276k to 1m+.

It seems to me this Star Wars Battlefront hype that you all keep going on about hasn't materialized.

If it doesn't hit those heady heights, what we are witnessing is the slow but inexorable marginalization of the US as a videogame market when viewed worldwide.

We can't predict the future, but given that the PS4 did 830k last November with no LE bundles or big time marketing to speak of, and no price cut, 1m is all but guaranteed.

I think it'll actually do above 1.2m (with the $299 deals all around), but we'll see.

Aqua and Cream were always being sly about numbers. dancing around them, giving hints and trying to hide stuff. Can't see how this guy would just come in and give exact numbers and stuff

Well, cream could have dome but was cautious.
George does not seem to take things easier.
If he takes care it's fine for me.
(And of course if he is for real)
Why someone from NPD would do that?

Fame, revenge, frustration, excitement, fun, foolishness - you name it.

Raist

Banned
What is going on here. Is NPD_George for real?
Can't tell if it's an early christmas present or a mod fooling around.

Elandyll

Banned
Well, cream could have dome but was cautious.
George does not seem to take things easier.
If he takes care it's fine for me.
(And of course if he is for real)

Or... Cream got tired to be coy/ making pies each and every month and decided to "go out" with a bang?

#shrug

Hanmik

Wauw.

we have buttocks who can't type a single word right... and is very harsh on other users.

and now we have George, who is polite kind and very well versed..

crazy times.

If we can get some secondary confirmation on this someone should definitely make a thread. I mean I don't think anyone expected 935k w/ bundles. That is just crazy.

Quick Quick! Do it!

Just do it. Imagine the shit storm it would create and it would just be console warriors on both sides spewing bile until there are none left standing.

This is what we all want, desperately. Do it!

:(

Except Xbone went from 168k to 1.2 million last year.

Now I'm curious....where those $400M came from Microsoft??? Game and hardware sold really bad.

One week after launching worldwide, Halo 5: Guardians has made history as the biggest Halo launch and fastest-selling Xbox One exclusive game to-date, with more than $400 million in global sales of Halo 5: Guardians games and hardware, pushing the franchise to over $5 billion lifetime.

I don't know what fastest-selling means to Microsoft. Biggest day 1 shipment?

Dollar value of shipment is lower than actual sales to customers because that shouldn't include distributors and retailers fees. 1.5 M games at 60 = $90M 300K Halo bundles at $500 = $150M. controllers? 100K controller at $70 = $7M. That's a generous upper limit of $247M for US. Real number is probably lower than $200M. Can the rest of the world do the rest?

In the end, the $400M figures doesn't really mean anything as it's pointed that the Halo franchise has already done over $5 billion, so it's clear that Halo 5 is doing less than other Halo. It it was good, we would know the exact number.

sense

his jig could be up as soon as cosmic or harker or even cream show up because those are exact numbers he is giving out

NPD George, if possible, can you please provide numbers for the so called niche games including Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Zestiria.

Thanks for whatever you have shared so far.

Maybe EviLore got a subscription to NPD. Maybe got tired of being put in such a bad light here at The Neo GAF. Whatever the case I love them for it. Long live George!

Star Wars Battlefront releases in November not October. It and CoD are the reason why October numbers are low for both consoles. People put off sales in October for November. Another thing I think is in play is that people are expecting the great deals like last year to show up. Once again that is going to delay purchases.

Contrary to your prediction, I predict that November is going to be a HUGE month due to Battlefront and Black Ops 3 releasing along with their bundles.

Hi there, travisbickle. Hope you're doing well.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'taking one to the knee,' but I would like to tell you that in the October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Sales NPD Report, Ubisoft's new Console Software SKU and best-selling October 2015 title 'Assassin's Creed Syndicate,' sold 391K units.

This is down significantly from the previous 'Assassin's Creed Unity,' but please keep in mind that the previous title launched in the Holiday Season (November 11th, 2014) and it was included as part of a prominent Xbox One bundle.

Perhaps a more apt comparison is to Ubisoft's 2013 iteration 'Assassin's Creed: Black Flag,' which released on October 29th, 2013.

In the October 2013 U.S. Games Industry report, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag sold 620K units in five days on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 the month before 'next-gen' launched, while in the November 2013 Report when the titles launched on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the title sold 1.2 million units.

It is unlikely that Assassin's Creed Syndicate will leach the lofty heights of its predecessors.

All your numbers are with bundles?

allan-bh

Even if we just say there are multiple confirmations or something? I mean Christ a number that low deserves a thread.

We can't, only informations with a link for a public source. The less attention NPD numbers have, better for us continuing to receive data.

N.Domixis

Banned
NPD George, if possible, can you please provide numbers for the so called niche games including Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Zestiria. I am sure your clients probably don't care about these numbers.

Thanks for whatever you have shared so far.

lol this isn't an AMA.

PS4's price cut didn't do anything because there was no software with it. History has proven that price cut alone doesn't do anything (PLUS, there was already a TON of bundles under $400, you were able to find PS4 at $349 well before the official price cut).

Top Bottom