• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

down 2 orth

Hi there, travisbickle. Hope you're doing well.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'taking one to the knee,' but I would like to tell you that in the October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Sales NPD Report, Ubisoft's new Console Software SKU and best-selling October 2015 title 'Assassin's Creed Syndicate,' sold 391K units.

I was hoping for some Creamy sweetness, but this guy's got it all and more.

The Neo GAF seems like a fun, intelligent community

That we are.

Basically Xbox won by a nose in Halo month.
Playstation building up an avalanche with bundles to be counted next month.
Halo software sales sub par.

Ah there we go. Exactly why I said good job to Microsoft. They won October. Good job. If you barely won something and no one said good job that's not right. Microsoft won this month fair and square! Good for them! I'm not worrying about what's gonna happen next month cuz this is this month.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

NPD George.....man o man...

I never participate in detailed numbers that much in these threads....its like blood in the water with sharks...

But if I have been paying attention....are we to assume that software only its around 600,000 for Halo 5? Not including digital...

That would still put it #1 with Ass Creeds being around 400,000.

Ah there we go. Exactly why I said good job to Microsoft. They won October. Good job. If you barely won something and no one said good job that's not right. Microsoft won this month fair and square! Good for them! I'm not worrying about what's gonna happen next month cuz this is this month.

Fair.
Hope they are not worrying either.

RexNovis

Banned

Read the last few pages. Some of the software sales will be rather enlightening.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What the hell is going on.

If George is legit, Triforce Heroes/Yoshi/Splatoon/Transformers numbers, please XD

Let it breathe until he's verified. Then launch the floodgates. But at the risk being juniored, by minimum, hold tight until then

Nah be shouldnt post the thread. Maybe pm a mod to be certain but that much attention on a leak is not good. That thread would be 70+ pages long if you had a title like "Halo 5 sells 60% less than previous Halo titles on the US". The information that Halo 5 didnt have a good launch unlike what the MS PR suggested will slowly filter through the forum anyway.

Exactly, the tides have turned.

12lRMoQ.gif

What is going on in this thread?

I feel like :

NPD_George... our saviour !

TFFjZ.gif

Seriously sales topics are nice but with a lot of guessing and not a clear vision of the market it's way more difficult to discuss even if I understand the reason behind NPD's policy.

panda-zebra

If George's numbers are for real, the graph giving better accuracy for September and various software numbers would allow someone to work back through the months and tighten stuff up?

Do most retailers pay up front for consoles ?? If so then yeah I can see MS saying 400mil revenue. If not then it's sold through as they'd be releasing incorrect data that could lead to manipulation of its market price and that's a massive no no for the SEC

They do, but they don't pay $60 for the game. Also, if it doesn't sell, or if Microsoft participate in their holiday sales, Microsoft effectively buys back some of those console, although that money might end up in some creative accounting column, as a marketing cost for example.

You could sell in a huge shipment and buy most of it back to send to the discount bins without lying.

Microsoft also pays big retailers to stock their inventory there and manage the display cases.

Shipment sales are interesting over a year, not a week.

Hanmik

Zhuge gave me the same number for Halo on twitter.. but he could be using the numbers from this thread (he said including bundles)..

jet1911

What kind of numbers were you guys expecting for Halo 5? That game had to fight the bad taste that Halo 4 and MCC left in people mouths.

maximrace

Those Halo sales are really sad if true. This is the best Halo since 3 imo, how the mighty have fallen. I hope sales pick up again or improve for the sequel. I need my Halo fix

It is my understanding that the NeoGAF community regularly discusses and analyzes U.S. Console Hardware point-of-sale data from these reports and would appreciate further disclosure to be able to use in 'console war' discussion.
this got me though, it's gonna look pathetic when the numbers get real fucking dire and "hardcore enthusiasts" squabble over dirt

Top Bottom