• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Mory Dunz

So doing a little math, it seems Uncharted (stand alone) + Kirby < 225?

So ceiling for Uncharted stand alone would be 113k. This would basically be TTK, Kirby and Uncharted all selling the same amount.

I'm assuming every PS4 sold was either an Uncharted bundle or a Taken King bundle.

Yoshi?

Oh, I know.... I honestly don't believe he is some random dude.... but one of you sure try to make him seem ultra friendly.

I feel like someone got a little tired of npd hiding things, the next few months should be interesting to see how Mr. George is a savior or dies a furious death for unknown publicly atleast, reasons.

Last time I checked I was one person! Have I been living a lie, Jack The Nipper?

Elandyll

Banned
Not trying to act like an asshole or anything like that, but did George_NPD get verified by bish?
So far he's been "verified" by Queso and (weirdly enough) by Zhuge.

I'm starting to wonder if the absence of mod veting isn't done on purpose, whether to try and avoid attracting too much attention (George's name being bad enough), or some other reason.

So I just got caught up and NPD George is the real deal? That's one hell of a twist.

And Halo was still sub 1 million including bundles? Terrible performance. Halo 6 is coming to PC

On Demand

Banned
I need estimates for D5, Tales, DQH. I did my part with one.

Sony could of at least try marketing those. They need to learn from MS.

BokehKing

Banned
Cant we save George until November? I feel like every time we ask him a question we lower the percentage of him being here next month. Like using up all our wishes in a genie bottlr

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Last time I checked I was one person! Have I been living a lie, Jack The Nipper?

Kind of a funny username to ask the meaning of life xD.

Welcome George! Any chance we could get some information about Yoshi's Woolly World since it charted, or any other Wii U related software #s? (They mentioned Mario Maker would be #10 based on individual SKUs?)

I was expecting a well mannered, thoughtful and nuanced discussion of the sales numbers that are released....just kidding. I actually love these threads, I read them like I watch a serialized tv show. I love to read the passion, drama, anger and excitement they produce every single month but they don't really mean anything.
Not true, unless that's your way of saying 'I don't care about sales.' Games that perform well tend to get sequels and vice versa. If you like a game, its success can have a direct impact on you. Hardware that performs well tends to get more games in development, and vice versa. If you have that hardware, its success can have a direct impact on you.

Or all were found.
lol

need to fast forward to December 10th pronto. I'm thinking this is just a fluky month and PS4/X1/Halo will all redeem themselves with a record breaking month. Well that's my hope at least. To be fair to PS4 it's strongest software year is ahead of it, can't say the same for X1 tbh...

Rymuth

I feel sorry for you all. Remember...the first hit is free. Next month, ya'll be denied actual numbers and then what shameful, unspeakable things you'd do for George so that he may share?

jg4xchamp

Why does it feel like these machines don't actually do that good of a job moving a lot of software? At least in comparison to the peaks of last gen. Or am I miss reading it? Isn't under a million for Halo really fucking low by that franchises standards? More so given that it still beat Assassin's Creed, a franchise that usually draws big, and that game on 2 new machines is under 900k.

Surely they've usually done better than this?

Why does it feel like these machines don't actually do that good of a job moving a lot of software? At least in comparison to the peaks of last gen. Or am I miss reading it? Isn't under a million for Halo really fucking low by that franchises standards? More so given that it still beat Assassin's Creed, a franchise that usually draws big, and that game on 2 new machines is under 900k.

It's not a problem with these machines. As you may have heard other games, like Fallout 4, are doing just fine. The problem is with these games. Halo and AssCreed ar both franchises that are nearly being run into the ground, with too frequent releases, and with mistakes that are alienating fans.

I'd like to see sales numbers of games on a single SKU this gen to see how Halo 5 compares. Even what GTA V or Destiny did on PS4 opening month bundles included.

I also think digital for games like this is way bigger than a lot of people think. At least 25-30%. If EA could get 500k Xbox 360 users buying Battlefield 1943 back in 2009 Im pretty sure MS can do equivalent for Halo in 2015.

It's not a problem with these machines. As you may have heard other games, like Fallout 4, are doing just fine. The problem is with these games. Halo and AssCreed ar both franchises that are nearly being run into the ground, with too frequent releases, and with mistakes that are alienating fans.

Exactly. Its not the case of all major franchises. Fallout will be gigantic up over its predecessors and Activision already confirmed COD is up from the past 2 years. People are just getting sick of Creed and Halo

LifEndz

I'd say it's also both Ips paying for the sins of the previous entry with Unity and MCC both being broken or plagued with bugs.

Exactly. Its not the case of all major franchises. Fallout will be gigantic up over its predecessors and Activision already confirmed COD is up from the past 2 years. People are just getting sick of Creed and Halo

I do think there's a fair argument for a homogenization of the market where there are fewer and fewer successes at the AAA level, and less risks being taken overall (more sequels and games with a "safe" or familiar style/formula).

Granted, it's always been that way to an extent, but I do think it's intensifying somewhat as the overall console market retracts a bit.

The Industry I think is still fairly healthy, overall, though.

Would NPD_George bless us with his wisdom and give us the total sales number of The Order: 1886.

Would love to see if there is even a chance of a sequel being considered.

need to fast forward to December 10th pronto.

Next month will be interesting.

I'm thinking this is just a fluky month

Could be, sure.

and PS4/X1/Halo will all redeem themselves with a record breaking month.

PS4/X1 maybe, but not Halo. Call of Duty, Battlefront and Fallout will suck the air out of November, and along with 3 sports titles and maybe a couple other multiplats, Halo might not even make the top 10 next month.

Iorv3th

Yeah didn't steam spy say that fallout sold 1.2 million on pc in the first 24 hours?

Stop with this digital 40%-nonsense.
First, just because gaf game fanatics do it doesn't mean average joe even knows how it works.
Second, we are all branded by Steam and addicted to digital sale madness.
That's not the case here.

Preload is nice and pushing a little.
Preordering pushes far more, so % of digital for release should be LOWER.

Top Bottom