• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia just announced a handheld - releasing Q2 2013

Kyou

so wait

does this thing stream things from the controller to the tv? Or your pc to the tv and controller. Or both?

All these years of PC gaf rubbing in superior KBM controls should absolutely hate this.

Just announce Big Kepler already. Something we actually give a shit about.

Actually, if it really has decent streaming tech, it might be worthwhile just so I don't have to buy a separate PC for my living room.

Marche90

.... What?

To be honest, it sounds interesting (Tegra 4 & Android), but the design is hideous.

Also, everyone's a console manufacturer these days.

Pre-orders for the Marchebox are open, they will start shipping february 31 of this year :lol

Roubjon

I think it's pretty cool, as long as there isn't crappy input lag. Playing PC games on a handheld is damn awesome.

tumblr_mdmiptlwmc1rw5rky.gif

Darryl

Banned
i can't figure out what i'm looking at. is it self-contained? is it streaming from your PC? is it both? i'm so confused

RM8

PC stream means nothing to me. It needs its own good, appealing games that I can't play anywhere else or I won't buy it.

goomba

Banned
The 4k shit is misleading , they are acting as if assassins creed 3 was running in 4k by stating "best graphics possible connected to a 4ktv"

Majanew

Banned
This thing is going to be such a failure. Why buy this when you can just buy an Android smartphone to play shitty Android games? Then you have a... phone!

Edit: Read updated OP.

So as I understand the "console" itself is nothing more than a peripheral that allows you to stream stuff off of your PC and onto the handheld that they've developed or use the handheld as a controller for putting your games on your TV. Do I have the gist of it? They're not selling the PC itself I'm assuming unless you want to drop down something like $500

I honestly hope we aren't heading into a gaming industry crash/ bubble burst.

It is already happening.

So as I understand the "console" itself is nothing more than a peripheral that allows you to stream stuff off of your PC and onto the handheld that they've developed or use the handheld as a controller for putting your games on your TV. Do I have the gist of it? They're not selling the PC itself I'm assuming unless you want to drop down something like $500

No, it has Android/Tegra 4 build in so it can play games from that store.

Oxirane

The 4k shit is misleading , they are acting as if assassins creed 3 was running in 4k by stating "best graphics possible connected to a 4ktv"

Yeah, reminds me of the Full HD stuff bandied about by Microsoft and Sony for the 360 and PS3.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, if I get GFE, a GTX 680, a Shield, and an Ouya, I can do what I can already do with the $30 HDMI cable already connected from my TV to my PC.

Handheld steam games? Yay...I guess?

Top Bottom