• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer first look at XboxOne version of Just Cause 3 (hint: it's baaaaaad)

MMaRsu

Banned
Just Cause has always been a PC-only series as far as I'm concerned. Just doesn't feel right on Console.

Well Just Cause 2 was awesome on 360 dude so i dunno I was expecting a solid 30fps performance on ps4 at least. It they couldnt get it to a solid 30 why stick with 1080p even? Makes no sense

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dude its not even comparable to fo4. I have played probably around the same amount of fo4 as that and havent come across anything as terrible as the fps drops in Just Cause 3. Its honestly a worse technical mess than anything ive seen on the system

Holy crap! Well you've just saved me some cash then, thanks for the warning. Gah.

Durden77

I dont remember much dips on JC2 at all and I played a bit last month. It also looked GREAT for a 360 title. Going through a shadowy forest in a cop car with sirens on looked amazing back in the day.

Im a fan of these games but the performance on ps4 is horrible when any action is going down

It's been a year or so since I've played JC2, but this video of the dips in JC3 looks extremely reminiscent. I remember dips just like that in JC2, particularly when you were grounded an attacking a big base.

Angel_DvA

I'll wait for DF analysis, they said NXGamer framerate counter was wrong, I know the performance looks terrible anyway but still, Glad I took it on Steam, the game is obviously not ready.

Edit: "Nevermind, it's a FPS analysis problem when tearing appeared and FPS graphic analysis stuff... " I'm sorry.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
bruh whats up with these consoles

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. Experiencing ridiculous load times when I play Witcher 3 or NBA 2K16 on the Bone. Franchise mode loads a few seconds every time my owner wants to tell me something which is everyday in a 82 game season. I expected better in terms of load times for this gen (both XBO and PS4).

Well Just Cause 2 was awesome on 360 dude so i dunno I was expecting a solid 30fps performance on ps4 at least. It they couldnt get it to a solid 30 why stick with 1080p even? Makes no sense
It makes complete sense. CPU bottleneck. Resoultion could be 480p and it would not matter.

tusken77

I loved Just Cause 2 on PS3. I platinumed it after putting 150+ hours into the game. Was really looking forward to this but if the PS4 version is anywhere near as bad as the XB1 version then unfortunately it's a no buy from me.

If the game is CPU limited as its been implied, then lowering it from 1080p to something else won't fix the framerate.

antitrop

Mad Max had the worst framerate drops (in the back half of the game) of any game I've played this generation, so I'm not overly surprised the second team isn't up to technical snuff, either.

MMaRsu

Banned
Holy crap! Well you've just saved me some cash then, thanks for the warning. Gah.

Yeah well Im not happy about buying it either, I mean I really do enjoy the game but with no word from the devs and silence on Twitter im thinking about selling my copy till it gets patched.

If they do fix the game up I do recommend buying it because its a lot of fun when the shit isnt running in slowmotion

I have JC2 on PC and 360, and I'll agree that the 360 version is pretty good. But man, that multiplayer mod puts JC2 over the top on PC.

newjeruse

Hope we get separate reviews for PC and consoles like GB did with Fallout. Developers shouldn't be allowed to skate by on the reviews of PC versions.

MMaRsu

Banned
I loved Just Cause 2 on PS3. I platinumed it after putting 150+ hours into the game. Was really looking forward to this but if the PS4 version is anywhere near as bad as the XB1 version then unfortunately it's a no buy from me.

Well theres no tearing..

And when your gliding around ( which is awesome ) the fps doesnt drop that much ( but still does )

And its 1080p

But not worth the purchase in the current state

Guymelef

I'll wait for DF analysis, they said NXGamer framerate counter was wrong, I know the performance looks terrible anyway but still, Glad I took it on Steam, the game is obviously not ready.

Do you need a frame rate number when the slow downs are pretty clear.?

Spenny

What a fucking bummer. I was looking to pick this up on console, but I guess I'll just have to stay away for now.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
If the game is CPU limited as its been implied, then lowering it from 1080p to something else won't fix the framerate.

Implied, you mean people making assumptions? Only those with the profiler running the game knows why it drop frames.

hows mad max for ps4? may get that instead

Playing it right now, about 30% in and no problems. It is a massive collectathon though and the story is very, very basic so if you hate running around collecting a million things it will definitely not be the game for you. For some reason I love that shit, I just crank some music and get lost for a few hours collecting crap like old school world of warcraft.

Bummer to hear JC3 is suffering performance problems on console, I don't understand how it passes certification though. Aren't Sony and Microsoft supposed to basic-QA games so they don't do that kind of shit? First Unity, now this.

The thing about Avalanche is that they're probably a PC focused dev. Mad Max had pretty rough performance on consoles, but it ran like a dream on PC. Maxed out at 1440p, I was getting 150+ FPS. They optimized the fuck out of it. Maybe they're just not that experienced with console development. This is a bit of a CDPR situation all over again. I hope it gets patched soon, because the game looks fun, and it'd be a shame if console folks miss out on it.

So THIS was the game that game testers were warning us about?

Or was it Fallout? Did we ever figure out what game it was that was supposed to release running like shit?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Playing it right now, about 30% in and no problems. It is a massive collectathon though and the story is very, very basic so if you hate running around collecting a million things it will definitely not be the game for you. For some reason I love that shit, I just crank some music and get lost for a few hours collecting crap like old school world of warcraft.

Bummer to hear JC3 is suffering performance problems on console, I don't understand how it passes certification though. Aren't Sony and Microsoft supposed to basic-QA games so they don't do that kind of shit? First Unity, now this.

thanks ill prob get mad max, and wait to see if the kinks in this get worked out.

Durden77

Probably because Fallout 4 is a much better game. Also, it doesn't consistently drop to 17fps on either console.

Yup. A much better game than a game that hasn't even been released. Nice. Bethesda really gets their claws in deep don't they?

I know I personally will be enjoying JC3 far more than FO4. Also I watched a friend of mine play FO4 for about an hour on their PS4. There was a point where the game seemed to litterally stop for about 2 seconds during a VATS action scene. Luckily it sped back up to what seemed to be around 20 FPS almost continuously afterwards.

antitrop

whoa, really!?
I played the game before any patches were out, because I needed something to wash the taste of MGSV's Chapter 2 out of my mouth.

I would easily believe the issues have been patched by now.

Mad Max is a pretty decent and fun game, it was just brought down for me by sticking so close to the Ubisoft formula and the tech issues.

DNAbro

Yup. A much better game than a game that hasn't even been released. Nice. Bethesda really gets their claws in deep don't they?

I know I personally will be enjoying JC3 far more than FO4. Also I watched a friend of mine play FO4 for about an hour on their PS4. There was a point where the game seemed to litterally stop for about 2 seconds during a VATS action scene. Luckily it sped back up to what seemed to be around 20 FPS almost continuously afterwards.

If JC3 runs as well as FO4 on PS4 it will be perfectly fine.

If the game is CPU bottlenecked, lowering the resolution would have likely had no real effect on framerate.

I would recommend everyone waiting on this until it's seen some patches. I doubt the developers themselves actually wanted to release it in this state but the men in charge have the power. People need to start taking a stand against this or it will only get worse.

I have only played it for 2 hours so I can't say much about the performance but it's definetly not as bad as what he's saying, then again I never leave my Xbox to instant on since that makes some games turn real weird, I always turn it fully off to keep the memory refreshed. Same goes with my PS4. I also have the game installed on an external 1TB HDD which is fuck tons better than the internal HDD

Top Bottom