• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer first look at XboxOne version of Just Cause 3 (hint: it's baaaaaad)

tusken77

Well theres no tearing..

And when your gliding around ( which is awesome ) the fps doesnt drop that much ( but still does )

And its 1080p

But not worth the purchase in the current state

No tearing, that's a good start. :) Well, I'm gonna hold fire and wait for the much needed patches to arrive before I considering picking this up.

Thats a shame. The witcher actually ran fine for me on xbox. And while fallout isnt perfect, its far from unplayable. This however is unnaceptable

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I played the game before any patches were out, because I needed something to wash the taste of MGSV's Chapter 2 out of my mouth.

I would easily believe the issues have been patched by now.

Mad Max is a pretty decent and fun game, it was just brought down for me by sticking so close to the Ubisoft formula and the tech issues.

I still need something to wash it out, personally for me that whole game and ending left a phantom pain for me. I still long for a proper MGS game now.

Floody

I'll wait on this then, already pretty tired with open-world games at the moment, so probably wouldn't give it much time anyway. Might get TR instead, or try and shrink my backlog a little.

TheStruggler

Fuck. Did they patch that? I want this game. :(

From what I have read and seen recently it was only certain areas where the framerate would drop to that extent, and those areas have in fact been fixed and patch. Should be a solid or CLOSE to a solid 30 now.

TheStruggler

You feel it to, dont you?

*looks down at controller*
giphy.gif

Oneself

Mad Max had the worst framerate drops (in the back half of the game) of any game I've played this generation, so I'm not overly surprised the second team isn't up to technical snuff, either.
So you haven't played The Evil Within!

Like others said, Mad Max has been patched and runs pretty much at a steady 30fps now.

JJD

I don't know why Devs can't sacrifice graphics for the sake of fps. So weird.

Because most devs have reached the conclusion that they can get more sales pushing graphics than pushing performance (I'm not saying they are right or wrong). Google Insomniac to see why they stopped prioritizing 60 fps and going for graphics. Money is everything.

Even big devs like DICE only started pushing 60 fps this gen because they felt it would help sales. In DICE's particular case it was the fact that COD's 60 fps was a big selling point in marketing it against other consoles shooters (specially Battlefield) on the previous gen.

Folks, PC version is going to be fine, that's why it's what Avalanche demoed almost exclusively. There's blame to go around here. Avalanche doing subpar work on subpar consoles with subpar CPUs and subpar release dates.

Nzyme32

Their Steam post indicated all versions in the wild are not up to date and will be patched on release. I'd give the benefit of the doubt until its actually released.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/225540/announcements/detail/101691538708782226

Again, I'm not sure how there was such certainty on the current patches being "day one" patches, when we are not at day one to see what the end result is. Obviously as far as the console versions go, people should be extremely wary when a game is filled with issues so close to launch, but I guess that's what people get for preordering when it is probably best to see what the final result is or if they will fix issues over time, before buying the game

prwxv3

Folks, PC version is going to be fine, that's why it's what Avalanche demoed almost exclusively. There's blame to go around here. Avalanche doing subpar work on subpar consoles with subpar CPUs and subpar release dates.

Not really. They should have dialed back the CPU intensive things for the console versions. Blaming the CPUs of the consoles is lazy.

ha.
what happened to xbox =fps
ps4= pixels

w/e .
still getting it. ill live.

regarding the pc hopefuls, ill wait for it to be out in the wild. most console streams looked fine until it got into the hands of a lot of users as well.

Nope, the fault is all Avalanche's here. If the game can't run stably on consoles it should have either been dialed back, delayed, or PC exclusive.

thelastword

Banned
I'll wait for DF analysis, they said NXGamer framerate counter was wrong, I know the performance looks terrible anyway but still, Glad I took it on Steam, the game is obviously not ready.
Oh Boyyyyy.....there is nothing wrong with Nxgamer's frame counter.

The thing about Avalanche is that they're probably a PC focused dev. Mad Max had pretty rough performance on consoles, but it ran like a dream on PC. Maxed out at 1440p, I was getting 150+ FPS. They optimized the fuck out of it. Maybe they're just not that experienced with console development. This is a bit of a CDPR situation all over again. I hope it gets patched soon, because the game looks fun, and it'd be a shame if console folks miss out on it.
I tend to agree with that. I think they could do much better on consoles, I very much doubt the consoles are that weak they can't run this much better.

On PS4 Mad Max would lose frames at odd times, just entering a building/tent in the desert, amidst any sandstorm...It had too many weird and random drops. I think MM is a very nice looking game, I actually prefer how it looks over Just Cause 3, but boy these teams need to learn how to optimize. I have no doubt that JC3 will run pretty solid on entry level PC's just like MM did.

Durden77

Their Steam post indicated all versions in the wild are not up to date and will be patched on release. I'd give the benefit of the doubt until its actually released.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/225540/announcements/detail/101691538708782226

Awesome if this is true. We will see. I love the way they phrase some of their patch notes.

The Medician Department of Motor Vehicles has taken measures to acquire poorly-tuned vehicles and burn them

I'm not going to complain until I actually test the game out with the day one patch and judge for myself. I also don't get upset about frame rate drops down to 20fps in games like the Witcher 3. The framerate complaining isn't something I have understood this gen as 20fps isn't unplayable to me. Screen tearing would be my big concern.

Yup. A much better game than a game that hasn't even been released. Nice. Bethesda really gets their claws in deep don't they?

I know I personally will be enjoying JC3 far more than FO4. Also I watched a friend of mine play FO4 for about an hour on their PS4. There was a point where the game seemed to litterally stop for about 2 seconds during a VATS action scene. Luckily it sped back up to what seemed to be around 20 FPS almost continuously afterwards.

I've had a copy of JC3 for a day. Eight hours in, Fallout 4 is much better. Sorry.

painey

please do not support these developers until they fix this. do not buy broken games, or we will keep getting broken games.

I'm not going to complain until I actually test the game out with the day one patch and judge for myself. I also don't get upset about frame rate drops down to 20fps in games like the Witcher 3. The framerate complaining isn't something I have understood this gen as 20fps isn't unplayable to me. Screen tearing would be my big concern.

I've honestly not seen any screen tearing in all my time. Must be super rare or very hard to notice.

Moza

well shit.....was planning to get this (on PS4) since I got enough of a Battlefront fix from the EA Access trial. Not so sure anymore. I have a decent PC but it's far from a beast. Might just wait.

thelastword

Banned
With all the issues the game has with memory leaks and such, it is quite clear that this game is not optimized on consoles, making a "conclusive" judgment call on why it's performing so bad can't be derived now, as it could be a combination of many things. I think just blaming everything on the CPU in this case is a bit over the top.

Foffy

Banned
Are these platforms already getting long in the tooth? This is not the first time in just the last month where a console version of a game is just..poor.

BHK3

Banned
JC2 looked and ran fine on consoles and I played the pc version with a controller because imo the controls were better suited for it

What are you on about

No, it didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjez1tF1gz8

I had more videos on my old ps3 before it broke. Constant audio issues, freezing, save file corruptions, slowdowns to 10 fps, crashes. I could go on, they focused 100% on the pc version back then and it's no different now.

MUnited83

For you.
Just great I was wondering to pick this up as my last game for the year may as well get FO4.
So you're not interested in getting a game with bad performance , bugs and long load times, and your reaction isb to buy a game with bad performance, bugs and long load times?

lOL

Top Bottom