• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC subway tunnel used by 225,000 people a day will shut down for 18 months in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New York Subway map is one of the most puzzling things ever. Every time I visit NYC I end up hopping on the wrong train and getting lost. I still dont' understand what posters in here are saying. "Instead of taking the L take the G and transfer to the NOP." Dafuq is this language?

datruth29

As someone who lives in East New York and rides this train as my main way of getting into the city, this hurts.

My only option for train service at this point would be to either take the 3 or go all the way to broadway Junction and take the A. *shutters*

This would hurt less if i could honestly believe they'd get this done in 18 months.

Plus, who the hell knows what'll happen between now and 2019 that may impact their plans and it's viability.

Whoa, there's other GAFFER's who live in East New York?! lol

hbkdx12

The New York Subway map is one of the most puzzling things ever. Every time I visit NYC I end up hopping on the wrong train and getting lost. I still dont' understand what posters in here are saying. "Instead of taking the L take the G and transfer to the NOP." Dafuq is this language?

It's pretty easy to follow, weekends not withstanding when they generally do maintenance and the map is all but useless and getting around can be a MAJOR pain in the ass depending where you are. You basically just need to know where certain lines intersect where you can transfer and that's the bulk of it. Also which lines run parallel and act as express trains (A acts as an express train for the C & E. 4&5 act as express trains for the 6)

Whoa, there's other GAFFER's who live in East New York?! lol

Starrett City specifically aka Carajoland lol

pj

Banned

maps.google.com

Step 1 enter location
Step 2 enter destination
Step 3 click public transit option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom