• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix E3 Hype Video

dottme

those
blanks
got me pretty excited
I feel like we already know what they're going to be though, would be nice to have at least one surprise.

Same for me. I'm especially hype for
biiiiip
game. This is looking great.

I totally forgot how awful Frog's Theme was

wCZOUMP.jpg

CGwizz

That frog theme, one of the most amazing tunes in gaming, tears in my eyes, make a chrono trigger sequel and i die....

Natheren

• Hitman
  • Star Ocean 5
  • KH HD collection for PS4 & XBOne
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Old IP revived or possible new one

Looking forward to it. Though yeah, I expect Hashimoto trolling instead.

That rotating floating geometry was almost gonna give me motion sickness...

Hoping for some Star Ocean 5 too.

Chobel

6 beeps, the first one doesn't look to be about a game. Shinra Perhaps?

EDIT: The first one is 7 letters, so that's leaves "Shinra" out

DJIzana

They reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally know how to pull at someone's strings. That Chrono music... I know there's NO way in hell we're getting one because if we did, it would have been leaked already. Guaranteed. Otherwise, that would probably be the single best kept secret at E3 next to maybe a new Earthbound or something. It'd sure as hell be one for years, neigh, DECADES if that happened.

God.

Damn.

It.

How I want a new Chrono... it hurts, GAF... ='(

Evo X

Fuck You Square Enix for using Frog's Theme.

Just a reminder that you will never make anything as good as Chrono Trigger again.

They reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally know how to pull at someone's strings. That Chrono music... I know there's NO way in hell we're getting one because if we did, it would have been leaked already. Guaranteed. Otherwise, that would probably be the single best kept secret at E3 next to maybe a new Earthbound or something. It'd sure as hell be one for years, neigh, DECADES if that happened.

Not really.

If it's a huge TRIPLE-A Chrono game, sure.

But if it's something ala Bravely Default in production scale out of Japan, these kind of stuff are rarely leaked, because leakathons are rarer in the Japanese dev scene.

Not saying it's real, just saying that leakages are rarer over the ocean.

Eblo

I don't understand enough about Morse code to know, but could they be spelling something with it? Anyone know?

Wait, what happened to FF7 for PS4? Wasn't that supposed to come out in Spring?

Square has like a week left lol

They will probably announce that and Lightning Returns PC at the conference then have them available on the digital stores like a minute after.

DJIzana

Not really.

If it's a huge TRIPLE-A Chrono game, sure.

But if it's something ala Bravely Default in production scale out of Japan, these kind of stuff are rarely leaked, because leakathons are rarer in the Japanese dev scene.

Not saying it's real, just saying that leakages are rarer over the ocean.

True... in any case, it's obvious they're trolling. This one... just stings badly. Reminds me of this... and I was not happy when Nintendo did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CePk795Xum4

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
This is totally payback for my only taking the KH survey for an opportunity to tell them I want more Chrono.

Well played.

And I apologize to everyone.

8-4 did say something about a super secret game from SquareEnix on the last podcast if I remember right. Now that Frog theme. I am getting myself worked up now for disappointment...

Chobel

Just a quick calculation by comparing to neighboring text, nothing scientific or 100% precise.

1st one: 7 letters
2nd one: 13 letters
3rd one: 10 letters
4th one: 8 letters
5th one: 12 letters
6th one: 24 (if small letters), 15-16 (if big letters)

Edit: Also spacing between letters looks like it takes half the size of a letter, so take that into consideration.

sappyday

Just a quick calculation by comparing to neighboring text, nothing scientific or 100% precise.

1st one: 7 letters
2nd one: 13 letters
3rd one: 10 letters
4th one: 8 letters
5th one: 12 letters
6th one: 24 (if small letters), 15-16 (if big letters)

Edit: Also spacing between letters looks like it takes half the size of a letter, so take that into consideration.
2nd one is Kingdom Hearts. Yea the 3 will count it as 14 but who cares.

NolbertoS

If no DQVII 3DS localization trailers there, I can avoid SE's conferencr then. Thanks SE, made my E3 watching less hectic at work.

Evo X

I have an idea to top last years troll.

They should have Shinji Hashimoto come on stage, play an amazing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross montage with a live orchestra, and then announce that Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within can now be rented on the PS Store.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

They should have Shinji Hashimoto come on stage, play an amazing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross montage with a live orchestra, and then announce that Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within can now be rented on the PS Store.

Subtitles:

"Chrono Trigger was a resounding achivement for us and it made way for Chrono Cross which was a resounding achievement for us and that same year, Final Fantasy IX was released, and at the back of its renowned strategy guide was an ad for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which is now available to rent on PSN."

Foffy

Banned

I would love it if the crowd went heel on Hashimoto, actively booing him. In fact, that's all I want from E3: his presence to be rewarded with boos, for when he shows up, it's like a curse happens.

Top Bottom