• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix E3 Hype Video

otakukidd

If they are just using that song to try to be cool and retro, that would kinda
really really
piss me off.

Oh God please don't let it be a ios or Android port.

Natheren

I would love it if the crowd went heel on Hashimoto, actively booing him. In fact, that's all I want from E3: his presence to be rewarded with boos, for when he shows up, it's like a curse happens.

Surprised nobody did that at the PSX event, maybe people will be ready this time.

Brokun

That Frog Theme better be more than just a glorious troll. Come on Square don't let me... aw hell, you're going to let me down aren't you?

kurahador

Just a quick calculation by comparing to neighboring text, nothing scientific or 100% precise.

1st one: 7 letters
2nd one: 13 letters
3rd one: 10 letters
4th one: 8 letters
5th one: 12 letters
6th one: 24 (if small letters), 15-16 (if big letters)

Edit: Also spacing between letters looks like it takes half the size of a letter, so take that into consideration.

Assuming you didn't count spaces;

1. Hitman 6
2. Kingdom Hearts 3 / Final Fantasy VII
3. Tomb Raider
4. Dissidia
5. Dragon Quest X
6. Star Ocean <subtitle> Theatrhythm Chrono Trigger

Einhander

chrono-break-logo_tn_wt.png

Never forget.

zeshakag

Honestly I love this hype trailer. It's very Gintama esque. I can just imagine Shinpachi going "OIIII!! WHY ARE YOU SENSORING EVERYTHING? IF YOU'RE GONNA SENSOR IT WHY ARE YOU EVEN MAKING THIS TRAILER!? OUR VIEWERS CAME HERE TO GET EXCITED, STOP TORTURING THEM.GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE A VERY SENSITIVE ISSUE"

i dont know if Square calling this their "hype" video should worry or amuse me. it was the cheapest thing ever and i only watched it through because of that delicious remix of Frog's theme.

...Yet here I am, definitely hyped

AESplusF

So I guess I Frog's theme is either trolling or a big hint, because it's a pretty random choice.
Square is bringing back old IPs right?
Hmmmm...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the long one is presumably theatrhythm dragon quest (exactly 24 letters). they're clearly not going to be able to do a retail release, but i guess they've figured out a way to make it work as a digital download. maybe iOS? maybe eShop?

This is the repercussions of Nintendo putting humor in to their Directs. Companies are doing really awful attempts at comedy in theirs now.

Einhander

At it stands, if there isn't a Chrono sequel announced at their press conference, then this isn't a hype video. It's a troll video. There would be nothing hype-worthy about this then. Basically, a bait-and-switch, like classic SQEX.

Wagram

Just a quick calculation by comparing to neighboring text, nothing scientific or 100% precise.

1st one: 7 letters
2nd one: 13 letters
3rd one: 10 letters
4th one: 8 letters
5th one: 12 letters
6th one: 24 (if small letters), 15-16 (if big letters)

Edit: Also spacing between letters looks like it takes half the size of a letter, so take that into consideration.

I'm assuming #3 is Star Ocean 5. Probably a localization announcement.

Wait, what happened to FF7 for PS4? Wasn't that supposed to come out in Spring?
One of the beeps

I know it's not gonna happen but.....Chrono Break. Please, Square. At some point before I die.
It's my theory that what was Chrono Break became Final Fantasy XIII-2 - that game felt like a Chrono Trigger game to me, and the fact that much of the story was about characters who weren't in FFXIII-1 seems to fit.

Kieli

I want them to announce remasters of GBA versions of FF1,2,3,4,5,6 for PS4.

It will take 1/2 time of their conference and will be megaton.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
24: theatrhythm dragon quest
12: star ocean 5
13: dragon quest 7 or dragon quest 8 or kingdom hearts
8: hitman 6
10: ?
7: ?

Top Bottom