• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami for PS4/XB1/PC confirmed - Dec 21, supports 4K

mrmickfran

Same, given it was previously on Wii and I think sold alright there from the last reports I was able to find. Plus, as a Zelda-like I would expect it to have a big audience there, and also since Platinum has cultivated an audience amongst Nintendo console owners. With that said, I don't expect it to come to Switch given the lack of its inclusion amongst platforms listed in the leaked ratings info.
That's what I'm saying.

It's Zelda-like structure and the fact that the series has been on Nintendo platforms would make me think that this would be a shoe-in.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game already ran at 4K on ps2. On PS3 it was ported to 8k. So this is a downport?

That's what I'm saying.

It's Zelda-like structure and the fact that the series has been on Nintendo platforms would make me think that this would be a shoe-in.
It being a Capcom title should have made you think otherwise. Expect iffy ports that may or may not sell well, like the Revelations collection. Not shoe-ins.

Jawmuncher

I suspect that even with disc rot, my PS3 import will survive the Steam licence.

giphybvki4.gif

There's no reason for multi-plat games to not just be on everything. Especially PC where the backwards compatibility is at its best.

Is every good game ever made deserving of a port to every system ever then? Great games should have more audience, right?

Yes.

Bzzzzt!

You don't want it? There's a secret maneouver you can use to not be impacted by this in the slightest. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case:
Don't fucking buy it.
Also some sites seem to be implying it will have new stuff, but it could be a mistranslation.

Jawmuncher

You know what everyone has? A pc of some sort. You know what a lot of people don't have? Old game hardware with games.

Why is this even a topic in this thread?

Mifec

lol at the steam license post.

Yes.

Bzzzzt!

You don't want it? There's a secret maneouver you can use to not be impacted by this in the slightest. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case:
Don't fucking buy it.
Also some sites seem to be implying it will have new stuff, but it could be a mistranslation.

You should have honestly charged for this advice, a lot of people need it and I bet they'd have paid for it.

DonF

I'll get this on sale, digital. Last time I played it was on ps2. All I remember is that is was loooong but awesome. I hope it aged decently.
Capcom can live of it's old glory another year.

Clov

I remembering reading that the physical PS3 version in Japan had English support. Maybe the Japanese PS4 version will have the same?

I'd get this on PS4 if it has touchpad support for the brush. Really miffed we've never had a touch screen version of the first game.

Kazuhira

Pc version came out of nowhere,that totally took me by surprise.
Also,i've just remembered that this game is long as fuck...like seriously,everytime you think "ok,this must be the final boss" you're dead wrong haha.

It wasn't.

I still insist it is 1080p with MSAA on PS3, but now that I think about it, the difference between 4k downsampled and 1080p 4x MSAA might not be that big. I mean MSAA is basically edge supersampling (in D3D11 or later you can freely control sample output in shader code too so alpha tests can be done per sample, but this fame doesn't have much about that) and texture detail remains 1080p, but given the kind of textures in this game, the benefit from 1080p to 4k texture wise might not be very visible.

Anyway will get the PC version and if available later on Switch too.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love

No mystery here, Capcom themselves explained it in this blog post.

mieumieu

I still insist it is 1080p with MSAA on PS3, but now that I think about it, the difference between 4k downsampled and 1080p 4x MSAA might not be that big. I mean MSAA is basically edge supersampling (in D3D11 or later you can freely control sample output in shader code too so alpha tests can be done per sample, but this fame doesn't have much about that) and texture detail remains 1080p, but given the kind of textures in this game, the benefit from 1080p to 4k texture wise might not be very visible.

Anyway will get the PC version and if available later on Switch too.

Shepard

So bought on PC. One of my favs. Remember falling asleep while playing during the Agathe Forest segment due to the soothing OST, amazing game.

Gbraga

In what world would a 4K downsampled to 1080p game that then had 4xMSAA applied on top of it produce this kind of aliasing?

ZkPyyNy.png

This looks like what you get when you run a game at your screen's native resolution and use no AA whatsoever, even post AA like FXAA or SMAA. For some reason, probably transparency-related, the MSAA didn't get applied to this area, and so you can clearly see the steps here.

I don't care what Capcom says, every evidence points to the contrary. And don't get me wrong, a PS3 running this at 1080p and 4xMSAA is quite a feat, it's still easily one of the most impressive remasters.

nelo_inc

Completed it on the PS2, great game but it kinda drags a bit.

40+ hours in my playtrough.Also have it on PS3, but didn't played.
Might get this version.

Top Bottom