• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for a 12/12 Western release. (PC, PS4, XB1; U$19.99)

We already had like 3-4 threads about this potential Okami HD re-release..all of them more or less confirmed there was no Switch release, those threads were probably the spots to express your discomfort with that decisions.

As someone who was banned for the same issue on a past Capcom official announcement that skipped Switch....its not worth it. Capcom gonna Capcom.

QLOC ? Did they work on PS3 version too ?
Honestly the first time im hearing that name.

No, QLOC didn't work on the PS3 version. Hexadrive did. QLOC did the Dragon's Dogma PC version, Resident Evil 4 HD PC, DmC Definitive Edition on PS4/One, Dead Rising PC/PS4/One.

Look I like my games to run at 60 fps to but c'mon guys not even giving it a chance because it might be at 30 fps? The game has always run at 30 and it's always looked fine that way, this is not a game that needs to be in 60 to enjoy.

I dont enjoy any game that it is not at 60fps, so no, it needs to.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No, QLOC didn't work on the PS3 version. Hexadrive did. QLOC did the Dragon's Dogma PC version, Resident Evil 4 HD PC, DmC Definitive Edition on PS4/One, Dead Rising PC/PS4/One.

Thanks...alright this sounds plausible. Capcom have been keeping them quite busy for a while lol.

Raw64life

Look I like my games to run at 60 fps to but c'mon guys not even giving it a chance because it might be at 30 fps? The game has always run at 30 and it's always looked fine that way, this is not a game that needs to be in 60 to enjoy.

I gave the game a chance when I bought it in 2006. The game is great but if they can't get a 12 year old game from 2 generations ago to run at 60FPS, it's not worth re-buying to me. Even if the developer thinks 30FPS is better for whatever inane reason, at least give people the option of 60FPS.

Stygr

Banned
We already had like 3-4 threads about this potential Okami HD re-release..all of them more or less confirmed there was no Switch release, those threads were probably the spots to express your discomfort with that decisions.

As someone who was banned for the same issue on a past Capcom official announcement that skipped Switch....its not worth it. Capcom gonna Capcom.

QLOC ? Did they work on PS3 version too ?
Honestly the first time im hearing that name.

QOLC is a polish studio, they ported the Capcom games on PC.

Ridley327

Keep in mind, this was way the heck back in 2012.

TBH, Okami is such an easy game that whatever gameplay advantage you get from having it run at 60 fps is negligible at best. It would certainly look a lot nicer with 60 fps, to be sure, but Wonderful 101, it ain't.

Vaa

Neo Member
kjyaim.jpg

Why, Capcom ?

Lime

Amazing. This is one of my favorite games and it's so life-affirming and full of love. So glad to see it on PC finally!

Just in Europe, as is often the case. Not that it matters much, since it's almost assuredly a Steam install disc with a key as an insert.

Thx.
I want to grab this one on steam but I like the box art and read on a german site, that the retail is only coming on PS4/XO...

Seiryoden

I'll buy it again - I've played Okami so many times I can 100% it without a guide - I just hope that it improves upon Hexadrive's PS3 effort which still had serious problems with pop-in and draw distance.

Yazzees

Great price, although I'm not seeing a good enough reason for me personally to bite since I already have the PS3 version.

mindatlarge

The much loved and highly acclaimed BAFTA award-winning visual masterpiece Okami HD will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One both physically and digitally and as a digital download for Windows PC across North America on December 12, 2017 for MSRP $19.99.
Has it been confirmed, other than the text here, that the physical version will be $19.99? I read this as a confirmation of the digital price at $19.99 but the way it's worded, I kinda wonder if it will release at a higher price, say $29.99, for the physical release?

Has it been confirmed, other than the text here, that the physical version will be $19.99? I read this as a confirmation of the digital price at $19.99 but the way it's worded, I wonder if it will release at a higher price, say $29.99, for the physical release?

Previous Capcom $19.99 remasters were the same price digitally and physically.

Jawmuncher

Has it been confirmed, other than the text here, that the physical version will be $19.99? I read this as a confirmation of the digital price at $19.99 but the way it's worded, I wonder if it will release at a higher price, say $29.99, for the physical release?

Physical will be $19.99 unless they're doing some sort of limited edition

I wish more devs took advantage of the Steam Controller with their Steam releases. Snappy 1:1 camera movement, and painting with the trackpad would be more than enough for me to buy Okami again. Unlikely, since Capcom releases actively work against playing with the device. I'm just going to go finish it on PS3. Though have to admit, it's nice to see more console classics hit PC.

Top Bottom