• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for a 12/12 Western release. (PC, PS4, XB1; U$19.99)

Europe has this.
YLJ6cZG.jpg

It's Australia actually. Europe has PEGI. (And USK in Germany)

Primus

Day 1, instantly. Being able to play this on PC with modernized graphics is a dream come true. They could have charged $40 or more, I'd have still bought it.

jett

D-Member
Only way I get this game for a third time is if it's 60fps. This trailer might as well have been from the PS3 port.

RPGCrazied

I bought this game so many times its not even funny. I got the PS2 version, the Wii version, the PS3 version and will get the PC and PS4 version.

Espada

Excellent news. I'm assuming the lack of framerate improvements means this is still at the standard 30fps. Still, I'm glad we're even getting this on PC. Capcom's been laser focused on putting their stuff on PC. I imagine Godhand will show up eventually. Now let's hope the PC port is well done.

$20 is a great price, a perfect price point for a very substantial adventure game.

Byvar

€20? Physical with fantastic box art? Bought!

I'm so glad I can finally get my PC-only friend to buy it too.

oni-link

I've beaten this twice on Wii and then once earlier this year on PS3, so my appetite for Okami has been somewhat diminished, but it's a classic and it should be forever preserved

Now make a sequel please

Elfstar

Doubtful they'd have made a big deal about that.

I don't know why people always act like precise painting is a big deal in Okami's gameplay anyway, so that it should need gyro aiming or touch tracking of some sort.

It really, really isn't, and a plain analog stick is all that is needed.

butman

Nice but with this announcement Capcom officially demonstrates that in this generation is not doing anything and is profiting from nostalgia, showing that before was much better than today.

Just look at this list. Shame.

PORTS:

Resident Evil HD Remaster
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
The Disney Afternoon Collection
Marvel VS Capcom 3
Dragon's Dogma DA
DMC DE
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Strider
Okami HD

NEXT-GEN TITLES:

SF V
MVC: I
Resident Evil 7
Monster Hunter World

Jawmuncher

Nice but with this announcement Capcom officially demonstrates that in this generation is not doing anything and is profiting from nostalgia, showing that before was much better than today.

Just look at this list. Shame.

PORTS:

Resident Evil HD Remaster
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
The Disney Afternoon Collection
Marvel VS Capcom 3
Dragon's Dogma DA
DMC DE
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Strider
Okami HD

NEXT-GEN TITLES:

SF V
Resident Evil 7
Monster Hunter World

Capcom is getting deep into the well too. They're practically out of stuff to port from last gen (360/PS3) that could bring decent sales (Lost Planet Series and Asura are the only big standouts now).
They're gonna have to start looking at older titles now.

No seriously where is the Switch version? What the fuck is Capcoms problem? I love Okami but hell if imma play this without mobility. Games way to long for sit downs.

MrCarter

It's a masterpiece of a game and I can't wait to play it on the PS4. Pricing it at $20 is a very good move too. Well done Capcom.

Capcom is getting deep into the well too. They're practically out of stuff to port from last gen (360/PS3) that could bring decent sales (Lost Planet Series and Asura are the only big standouts now).

Asura is gonna get ported. They have a good reason to do it since they never released a version with all the DLC.

khaaan

Viewtiful Joe HD, here we come.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Asura is gonna get ported. They have a good reason to do it since they never released a version with all the DLC.

It was on Unreal Engine 3 as well wasn't it ? Shouldn't be too difficult to port over hopefully (not that I claim to be some expert in engines admittedly)

Top Bottom