• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Then those marines would have been acting unethically, according to the code of Absolute Justice.

There is no such thing as absolute justice. Ethics is based on moral principles, which were relative and subjective. Also it could be argued that upholding the lives of innocents should be the number one rule of anything approaching absolute justice so Akainu would be s huge hypocrite

Veelk

Banned
There is no such thing as absolute justice. Ethics is based on moral principles, which were relative and subjective. Also it could be argued that upholding the lives of innocents should be the number one rule of anything approaching absolute justice so Aikanu would be s huge hypocrite

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the marines led under Akainu are all followers of Absolute Justice.

I'm pretty sure that scene was used to demonstrate that, at the very least, a significant faction of Marines operate under Absolute Justice. As such, Absolute justice is either a social construct that the marines base their lives around or an actual legal principle that they are obliged to enforce as marines.

Agree with it or not, that is literally how their ethical code is defined. As such, Akainu's "I will kill as many people as I have to as long as you are one of them" conduct is ethical.

I'm not trying to debate that he's right or that makes him good or anything like that. It's just how the words you are using work.

turmoil

Banned
Say no to the Akainu apologists.

Jokes aside, if Akainu truly believes in absolute justice, his actions are ethical from his viewpoint. If he were an hypocrite that uses the ideology for his personal gain without believing in it, that would be unethical(from the absolute justice viewpoint).

But the reader is driven to take the ethical standpoint of Luffy, so it's fair to assume that people judge based on that.

Also are all of you fucking with me naming her Carmel now? Caramel was way more fitting?

It will always be madre caramelo for me

LotusHD

Banned

I've never really liked his design (including his dopey face, though I do understand what Oda was going for) in comparison to the others, I like Aokiji and Fujitora far more (especially after Aokiji defected and became an even bigger badass), and Akainu has some scary feats and is currently more fleshed out.

So... there.

Don't be surprised if I like Green Bull more too. That being said, if we're talking DF powers, I'd rank it differently.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Green Bull has the poofy back-fro coming out of his cap. I really wanna see him.

Aokiji is still my fav. I loved him from the day he was introduced.

Aojiki > Fujitora > Kizaru > Akainu

Akainu is a bland looking evil very hatable bastard.

If you count Sengoku he's No. 2 after Aokiji on my personal list. I always loved his design and personality, and his abilities ended up being really cool too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

SolVanderlyn

Yonji got beaten off screen. I think it's safe to say he's the weakest brother and there's a reason the other two had a cool introduction scene and he was kind of a dork from the beginning.

Still want to see his powers though.

Big One

Banned
Big Mom is innocent!

Well, not innocent, but her insanity really isn't her fault by any means. Still doesn't really justify some of her other actions, then again killing the Vinsmokes isn't exactly that terrible of a thing considering how evil they are.

Fucked up twist at the end as well.

Metal B

Well, thats explains why Mother Caramel is shit in raising Big Mom. Mother Caramel also has to be dead, since Big Mom has her Devil Fruit. There have to be more secrets hidden.

Big One

Banned
Well, thats explains why Mother Caramel is shit in raising Big Mom. Mother Caramel also has to be dead, since Big Mom has her Devil Fruit. There have to be more secrets hidden.
I wonder if Mother Carmel is responsible for raising most of the big shot Marines like Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, and etc. Their child forms made them look poor and dirty. Maybe they were orphans as well.

Mother Caramel was 3 days away from retiring too.

I guess its left somewhat open ended, so its not like it has to be that Big Mom ate everyone. Maybe she passed out and the CP0 took everyone, and Big Mom got Caramel's DF some other way. But unless its addressed again, she probably did what everyone's thinking she did. Plus it sounded like she ate people back during the Fishman island arc.

I wonder if it was a good move or not to make it so that Caramel was evil or not. It would have been more tragic if she really was good all along. Was making her bad something thrown in to tone that down?

marmoka

Banned
Last time I spoil myself. I enjoyed the chapter anyway.

Linlin, you monster... And Robin used to be the Devil Child. Those people who gave that name to her didn't know what Big Mom was in her childhood.

I wonder if it was a good move or not to make it so that Caramel was evil or not. It would have been more tragic if she really was good all along. Was making her bad something thrown in to tone that down?

Actually that didn't make me feel bad for her. I felf bad with the other children, but about Caramel, something inside of me thinks she deserved it. She's been dealing with children in the Underworld, and 3 days before retiring, she's eaten by one of them. Isn't that ironic?

... oh shit ... what if you eat somebody with a Devilfruit, you get their powers. Maybe this is what happend to Mother Caramel, how Big Mom got her powers and what Blackbeard did with Whitebeard. You get the powers of a Devilfruit by eating ...
Hmm I feel like it would be another way. Bb didn't eat whitebeard he was still standing there remember. Unless it only takes one lil bite.
Blackbeard has an op fruit I stand by that they needed the black cover cuz he needed it to be pitch black.

Big mom is a sick individual I thought I was about to have the feels this flashback she scared me even more lol

Big One

Banned
Hmm I feel like it would be another way. Bb didn't eat whitebeard he was still standing there remember. Unless it only takes one lil bite.
Blackbeard has an op fruit I stand by that they needed the black cover cuz he needed it to be pitch black.

Big mom is a sick individual I thought I was about to have the feels this flashback she scared me even more lol
Well either way, Blackbeard's body has been stated as being "abnormal" so there's still something more to it than just that (if that IS what he did to Whitebeard).

I think what Big Mom did was eat Carmel (and the other children's) soul, since the soul and Devil Fruits have been somewhat implied to be intertwined with each other.

caliph95

Mother Caramel was 3 days away from retiring too.

I guess its left somewhat open ended, so its not like it has to be that Big Mom ate everyone. Maybe she passed out and the CP0 took everyone, and Big Mom got Caramel's DF some other way. But unless its addressed again, she probably did what everyone's thinking she did. Plus it sounded like she ate people back during the Fishman island arc.

Caramel wouldn't left BM alone considering she need dat retirement money. So she likely did

So i guess it's that easy to make a sun or did she summon it

Top Bottom