• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Damn at Mother Caramel. That is messed up but I liked the twist.

Linlin legit just ate all of them and obtained Mother caramel's Devil Fruit powers lol. Big Mama will never get over something like that because she has no way of figuring out what really happened. I like the fairy tale vibes from his whole thing.

Great chapter.

Veelk

Banned
What the hell, Mother Caramel? You're selling an orphan every 2 years? Just one every 2 years?

I can't imagine how much she's getting paid for that to be a worthwhile ROI.

Pein

Banned
What the hell, Mother Caramel? You're selling an orphan every 2 years? Just one every 2 years?

What? I mean your selling vice admiral level people you're gonna get paid. I mean the majority of people in the world are ordinary AF, getting guaranteed strong people is totally worth it to the Marines. Ow much could it cost to raise some orphans anyway in the one piece world.

caliph95

Veelk prioritues is in check

Also she seems to sell the strongest child out of the orphans to the kids and since of them is a giant vice admiral she probably gets enough money for this, a lot since Vice admirals are at least as strong as pirate captains. She would have been set for life for this one final score and was three days from retirement if she was able to sell a potential admiral

Veelk

Banned
What? I mean your selling vice admiral level people you're gonna get paid. I mean the majority of people in the world are ordinary AF, getting guaranteed strong people is totally worth it to the Marines. Ow much could it cost to raise some orphans anyway in the one piece world.

Well, you have a point, since this is One Piece world so lol at living costs.

Still, just trying to think about it logistically, you have housing, food for multiple people (especially with how big mom eats), doctor check ups (you need to keep them healthy after all), basic home needs. Education if they have that in OP.

I would understand it more if she sold the other children the marines don't buy into slavery or something, but the chapter implies she just routinely has a whole orphanages for which she only actually uses one kid with huge intervals inbetween.

It just doesn't seem financially sound, or it wouldn't if this wasn't OP. She should be selling way more orphans, is my point.

marmoka

Banned
Even if you were spoiled yesterday (on purpose or not), this was a creepy chapter.

And do some people still think One Piece is for children or teenagers?

turmoil

Banned
So now we know for sure that there won't be any ceasefire nor befriending nor BM redemption, right?

BM has a mental illness since childhood, because of that she ate his mother without realizing it, the "abandonment" traumatized her, and worse of all learning the truth would be even more sadistic(though it's not like if someone knows it anyways).

Quite sad, she is the most tragic character in one piece imo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good chapter - that whole Big Mom situation is kinda messed up...she really needs help.

Yeah ?
Obv. not only for them but yeah.

Pein

Banned
Even if you were spoiled yesterday (on purpose or not), this was a creepy chapter.

It is for children and teens lol. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, but that is its target demographic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Darkest chapter! Darkest chapter! At least one of them.

That does seem to explain how Zeus and Prometheus came into being. A towering inferno given life and reshaped into a mini-sun, and possibly a massive storm cloud.

Eating the human for Devil Fruit powers just adds all kinds of layers of unsettling. If that's what Teach did to Whitebeard, I can't imagine how he figured it out.
Best Attack on Titan arc yet!

Majukun

Good chapter - that whole Big Mom situation is kinda messed up...she really needs help.

well she is not that child anymore,before she was unintentionally evil..now she is like that on purpose.

it is
it's just that the japanese are not that fixated on "protecting the children" as a part of the western world is .

BatDan

Soooo.....long as you eat someone whole you get their powers?

I don't think that's the case, if Teach did eat part of Whitebeard to get the Tremor Tremor Fruit power then they wouldn't have a body to bury.

But then Teach could have done something else.

Veelk

Banned
Soooo.....long as you eat someone whole you get their powers?

You know, Caramel must have been alive when she was eaten by Big Mom because when a devil fruit user dies, their power is transferred to the nearest fruit. I mean, I suppose it's possible there was a fruit nearby that Big Mom also ate in her rampage, but it's more likely that Caramel was just digested alive inside of Big Mom.

LotusHD

Banned

I think the better question would be if people still thought One Piece was lighthearted. Which it is obviously often is, but yea, sometimes shit gets dark. That said, it's long since had its dark moments, this chapter just kicked it up a notch is all.

Syntsui

Holy shit, she freaking ate everyone that's insane. She definetely is the scariest character by far and I'm surprised this allows someone to get
DF powers.

So right now there are four ways to get the power, eating the fruit itself, eating the artificial fruit from Smile, eating the person with the power and the BB method. We will only get the full explanation of BB method and the artificial method with Vegapunk's arc though.

Kain

Two things

I'm sure Oda sneaked some now famous child into the orphans, one that survived and knows what happened

When she learns what happened... Omg I can't imagine the reaction

Syntsui

Two things

I'm sure Oda sneaked some now famous child into the orphans, one that survived and knows what happened

This, Caramel was eaten and there is no doubt about it. But someone has to have survived and will probably do something important sooner than later.

turmoil

Banned
Two things

Or maybe a cp0 agent was monitoring nearby, though that would be cheaper.

IHaveIce

Banned
I doubt blackbeard ate whitebeard, the ytheory of drinking his blood when the fruit is still not transferred or something seems more likely imo.

Busaiku

Maybe you just have to eat someone's stomach or heart or something.
Like Blackbeard could've eaten one of the organs and stitched him back up.

dan2026

If she really did eat them all, wouldn't there be more blood and bits about?
I guess its implied that's what happened, but it somehow seems more ambiguous.

If she really did eat them all, wouldn't there be more blood and bits about?
I guess its implied that's what happened, but it somehow seems more ambiguous.
Eh I doubt that gore isn't one pieces speciality. There's been cuts and holes and blood but I can't imagine a panel full of disembodied limbs and blood splattered about..but than again there was a panel with a hospital on fire with a pile of dead children so what do I kno

Red Fire

Well, you have a point, since this is One Piece world so lol at living costs.

Still, just trying to think about it logistically, you have housing, food for multiple people (especially with how big mom eats), doctor check ups (you need to keep them healthy after all), basic home needs. Education if they have that in OP.

I would understand it more if she sold the other children the marines don't buy into slavery or something, but the chapter implies she just routinely has a whole orphanages for which she only actually uses one kid with huge intervals inbetween.

It just doesn't seem financially sound, or it wouldn't if this wasn't OP. She should be selling way more orphans, is my point.

Why do you think she only sells one child? On the one panel where they sing binks sake she even says to herself 'i will sell every last one of you to the government'

BatDan

Why do you think she only sells one child? On the one panel where they sing binks sake she even says to herself 'i will sell every last one of you to the government'

The consequences of being a speed-reading idiot.

dan2026

She also said she was retiring from the orphan selling business.
Got to offload them somehow.

Top Bottom