• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oops: A couple of VGX surprise reveals leaked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
Allright so we are pretty sure that the surprises are;

• Cranky Kong playable in DK Tropical Freeze
  • GoT by Telltale
  • Lego Movie game
  • No Man's Sky

I think I'll just skip this one and watch the Quantum Break gameplay afterwards.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I want this so bad now. I didn't even know I wanted it until now. It's based off of the books as well? Yeses all around.

GetemMa

If GOT is a point and click adventure with awful QTE gameplay like the Walking Dead I will be really disappointed.

And it probably will be :(

sangreal

What, why? I would've been disappointed if the game weren't based on the books.

because I only watch the tv show and I don't want to know anything from the books

In OT we take great pains to deny the existence of the books in the show discussion thread

For me nothing can save this show except if MM or Santa Monica announce their new IP. So far it seems like a bust, if the best they have is a indie game and GoT.

I'm just trying to hold out hope for just one megaton. I'm losing faith that we'll get one, though.
A Santa Monica reveal would be god-tier so I'm with you on that.

Well, at least we'll see Quantum Break gameplay. I'll stick around for gameplay of other games, too.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Oops.

Meh, another Telltale game. Ok ok i get it, The Walking Dead was okay, and GoT is huge, but i expected something more out of this than another game like that.

Where's the fucking episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us ? How about it Telltale.

Looks like this leaked out. VGX trailer for The LEGO Movie game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m365Z5wrSWw

Geoff please, no...

Out of all the things they have left to make as a Lego adaptation, they make their own Lego game instead. Them making Lego games about popular universes like Indiana Jones, Marvel, and DC was what pulled people in. Especially since they always did a brilliant job with whatever universe they were using.

Seeing that it's just a Lego game is not exciting (at least for me).

Randdalf

Those are considered big world premieres. Uhhhh....

Not so sure about the other one, but the developers of one of 2012's GOTYs developing a game based on one of the popular TV shows right now seems a big announcement to me, whether it was rumoured to be happening before or not.

Geoff am cry
j1uezz8.gif

This is an embarrassing VGX if those are the unannounced world premiers.
Not that the games don't deserve any spotlight but I expected something more.

Recall

Brad Muir is still pimping the Broken Age unannounced news, even though Wil Wheaton sort of beat him too it. Unless of course there is even more super secret news.

vazel

Banned
can telltale only make licensed titles? come on, bring us original ones. make your own universe and give us something new. walking dead, now game of thrones. what's next, gossip girl?
I honestly don't believe their gameplay is strong enough to stand on its own without a geeky IP attached.

I'm still waiting for BttF Season 2 Telltale...

LuchaShaq

Banned
So fucking happy game of thrones is being made off the book instead of the clusterfuck of a show.

YES

because I only watch the tv show and I don't want to know anything from the books

In OT we take great pains to deny the existence of the books in the show discussion thread

They aren't going to make book 5 stuff happen first or something insane. It just means they can avoid the shitty decisions the show makers made/had to make due to budget/time constraints like neutering arya's story.

Harlequin

Well it's a new trailer and will probably show it on the show but it's not one of the huge exclusives... I hope.

If they do show it it has to be because they don't mention the LEGO game anywhere on the VGX schedule. So they either won't show it at all or it's gonna be one of the world premieres.

Not so sure about the other one, but the developers of one of 2012's GOTYs developing a game based on one of the popular TV shows seems a big announcement to me, whether it was rumoured to be happening before or not.

Yea but not something worth they hype. And a new game by that dev who made joe danger? Who in their right mind hypes that up as a big reveal

If GOT is a point and click adventure with awful QTE gameplay like the Walking Dead I will be really disappointed.

And it probably will be :(

TellTale have no clue how to make gameplay, so this is what you're gonna get. Love the source material, hate this style of "game". I'll be passing and I could even find some enjoyment out of that GoT RPG

This is likely going to be set before the first book or around it as in Walking Dead anyway.
The first book/season was the most faithfuls adaptions I've ever seen.
I see no issues here for anyone.

AlphaK

A telltale GoT game adapted from the books is a megaton for me, but not worth sitting through 3hrs of doritos/mtn dew product placements and demos of games i already know a lot about.

Allright so we are pretty sure that the surprises are;

• [*]Cranky Kong playable in DK Tropical Freeze
  • GoT by Telltale
  • Lego Movie game
  • No Man's Sky

I think I'll just skip this one and watch the Quantum Break gameplay afterwards.

Wow Retro, and there I thought you were really going to surprise us with something crazy like King K Rool.
SMH.
And there are people surprised of people not getting hyped with things like DKTF or SSB, the game that seems less packed than it predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom