• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oops: A couple of VGX surprise reveals leaked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_ag

I was hesitant about Telltales working on an adaptation rather than an original story at first, but this is probably for the best of humanity. An epic that is properly adapted across literature, TV and games in a quality manner. This will be a first.

Atruvius

because I only watch the tv show and I don't want to know anything from the books

In OT we take great pains to deny the existence of the books in the show discussion thread

I believe some french publisher own the rights to the tv version. And because it's based on the books isn't necessarily taking place at the same time as the ASOIAF books, and it probably won't even have any of the characters from the books.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, shocker, the show that got its budget slashed 90 times and is now a webshow isn't a megashow megaton unveilbomb center

Nzyme32

If people had their hopes up, it serves you right. This happens for every single thing Geoff tweets. Y'all should know better

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Out of all the things they have left to make as a Lego adaptation, they make their own Lego game instead. Them making Lego games about popular universes like Indiana Jones, Marvel, and DC was what pulled people in. Especially since they always did a brilliant job with whatever universe they were using.

Seeing that it's just a Lego game is not exciting (at least for me).

It is licensed - based on the lego movie coming out next year. Half of that trailer was from the movie trailer

Out of all the things they have left to make as a Lego adaptation, they make their own Lego game instead. Them making Lego games about popular universes like Indiana Jones, Marvel, and DC was what pulled people in. Especially since they always did a brilliant job with whatever universe they were using.

Seeing that it's just a Lego game is not exciting (at least for me).

Lego City undercover was pretty good even as a standalone lego game.

WEEEEINER WEINER WEEEEEEINER WEINER
WEEEEINER WEINER WEEEEEEINER
WEINER PARRRRTY
WEINER PARRRRTY
WEINER PARRRRTY

Oh and I was going to go to the Music of GTA concert but it's apparently outdoors and it's raining off and on today.

Tizoc

I hope that telltale game is also for PS4/X1 and doesn't run like shit.

Eh I doubt that'd happen, but if the TT engine itself doesn't seem like its resource consuming to begin with. If they can't get it to run fine on current gen systems, I don't think they'd put the effort for next gen.

Skab

So, with steam having a VGX sale, and saying you can watch VGX through steam, should I be getting excited about L4D3?

FACE

Banned
New leak?

The LEGO Movie Videogame

http://youtu.be/m365Z5wrSWw

"Become a Master Builder"

ibmCJUAQ6Gk5Eo.jpg

LET THY BUILDINGS BE SOUND!
LEGO FUEL US!

Recall

If people had their hopes up, it serves you right. This happens for every single thing Geoff tweets. Y'all should know better

People put too much stock into the whole Spike thing, every year it's the same and we will have countless threads saying how bad it all was, just like every year.

Codeblue

Wow Retro, and there I thought you were really going to surprise us with something crazy like King K Rool.
SMH.
And there are people surprised of people not getting hyped with things like DKTF or SSB, the game that seems less packed than it predecessor.

I'm impressed at how many baseless conclusions you were able to jump to in so few words.

Salex_

Love the overreactions. I bet they're leaking this to get people to think that everything was revealed. Everyone will be caught off-guard.

Just watch.

People put too much stock into the whole Spike thing, every year it's the same and we will have countless threads saying how bad it all was, just like every year.

They've had really big premieres before. Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, MGSV: The Phantom Pain, Skyrim and Dark Souls 2 have all premiered there in some form or another.

SuperSah

Banned
Not watching VGX.

Gonna suck, and I'm not staying up to see a character revealed for a game I won't play. (Cranky Kong)

jay

Instead of one set of games I didn't expect to care about, it's a different set of games I don't care about. How could this have happened?

"Is Sony going to show anything at the VGX thing? We've heard of Nintendo and MS being there, but the word has been totally "mum" on Sony.

It almost sounds like there won't be aq prescence. Hope that isnt the case.

can telltale only make licensed titles? come on, bring us original ones. make your own universe and give us something new. walking dead, now game of thrones. what's next, gossip girl?
It's the only reason they are successful. Sad truth. I think TWD is actually pretty good writing wise, but a big chunk of its success is because it's based on TWD and has zombies.

KissVibes

Banned
Geoff talks up changing the event for the better, making it about games and less pandering, and casual junk the internet at large has bitched about. So, here we are where it seems like they're using this MAJOR platform to show off two games from INDIE developers. That's fucking great. That's AMAZING, even.

But the consensus is that they should've filled these slots with sequels to games from major publishers we know are coming instead. CGI voice-over trailer and logo reveal for ______ and _____. Maybe even a live action trailer too!

Guess the VGX next year will go back to the tea-bagging, frat boy nonsense like last year.

It is licensed - based on the lego movie coming out next year. Half of that trailer was from the movie trailer

Yeah I know, it's just not exciting for me since it's a Lego movie game. Seeing Batman in it was pretty cool though.

Lego City undercover was pretty good even as a standalone lego game.

Very true. I have no doubt that the game will be good (especially since Undercover I heard was great), because if the game still uses the same gameplay it's been using for years. It'll be great.

It's just that I'm not excited for it since it's just a Lego game not based on a universe. Undercover was pretty hypeworthy for me since they were using the secret agent spin in the game.

I might have to see more of it to see what the game's like, but for right now I'm not hyped.

Saty

'why is the industry\media so aaa focused?' - 'no aaa premiers? lal'
'i'm sick of cgi\no-gameplay teaser trailers' - 'why aren't they announcing those big games which are surely to be revealed in that detested form?'

Sure, maybe the line-up for newly announced games is a tad lacking but if VGX will deliver meaty gameplay demonstrations like they are saying, then that will be better direction in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom