• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

samn

So why does your opinion on that trump the opinions of those criticizing them for not intervening? Stop living in a black and white world.

Ok, I give up. I cannot have a debate with someone that presumably will defend any action on the basis that it has both critics and supporters.

Konka

Banned
She's shutting this lady down.

Ok, I give up. I cannot have a debate with someone that presumably will defend any action on the basis that it has both critics and supporters.

I'm not arguing that. I'm looking for objective reasoning that your position is correct.

So...non-US person here and although I knew of Benghazi I didn't tweak what this was about till i quickly googled it...but....does Hilary actually have a case to answer here, as in did she essentially sell the embassy staff short/out, or is this more a case of the Republicans etc wanting political assassination?

Going by the comments here...it feels like the farce and larger than life-ness of VEEP ain't that off the mark...

Kevin McCarthy LITERALLY admitted this was just to hurt her presidential prospects

Owzers

And she printed out and counted all those emails... all for nothing.

i watch a lot of hearings, most people there have no idea what they are doing and just try to get by with small angles or non-question attacks. Paper stack was a worthy first round.

We are officially in the twilight zone.

YOU SHOULD'VE CONDUCTED MORE OF YOUR OFFICIAL BUSINESS ON YOUR EMAIL. WHY ISN'T THERE EMAILS REGARDING THIS BOMB INCIDENT?

Omg the circular logic being displayed here is amazing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is that Lady sitting behind hilary wearing a pink suit?
is this legally blonde?

Failure to protect the embassy even after they asked for help, which ended in several deaths...I think

That she either had the necessary info to stop the attack and didn't. I remember that the original story was that she worked to try and cover up the full nature of the attack so it wouldn't hurt Obama's reelection, but I haven't heard that claim in years so I guess that's not used any more.

Oh right thanks

It's literally to make her look bad in the presidential race.

Unless they expect her to break down and go "I KNOW I KILLED THEM ALL, I'M AWFUL", this is a complete farce.

yeah I saw Mccarthy's quote, shameful

That this entire committee is a farce?

Well yeah, there are a lot of people here (myself included) sarcastically spouting republican talking points because of this farce. Someone wandering in here might get confused if they took it at face value, haha.

Crisco

Banned
Am I wrong? Does anyone outside of Hillary dispute that Libya is worse today than it was before the intervention? It was a bad decision, and bad foreign policy.

Yeah, Libya is a disaster, but I've yet to hear how it wouldn't have still been a disaster if we'd just let Gaddafi roll a mechanized brigade through a largely civilian population. People forget that the goal of the intervention wasn't regime change or to turn Libya into a Democratic paradise, it was to stop a massacre. You think the rebellion against Gaddafi would have stopped after tens of thousands of civilians were killed by his forces? Maybe all we did was delay a full blown civil war for a few years, but that outcome wasn't guaranteed when we started dropping bombs. You can't just absolve Libyan's themselves for what happened next, they are largely the ones responsible for the fate of their own nation. We (and by we, I mean a multi-national UN backed coalition, this was not just Hillary/Obama/USA) gave them a clean slate and they basically shit all over it.

6 minutes of pure unchecked nodding.

christian-bale-kermit-nod.gif

Owzers

yeah but guess what, all you have to say is I can't comment on other peoples emails but I knew.

then what? lol its a joke

but again i must bring up this troubling email.

the least she could have done is find that email in the other congresswoman's stack. "It's this one right here"

Hah, who are you talking about? Who are these people?

Oof, Roby is struggling... trying all these gotchas but can't get anything to stick.

Not even on her staff, lol. What have these people been doing to prepare for this?

oh wow! well time to sit down congresswoman.

you said you were responsible for all 70k employees. I have an email here from a janitor in the state department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom