• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

Malus

He has a reputation for hounding people on twitter to give him NX leaks, then gets angry and aggressive when he's ignored.

It's a pretty funny pattern to observe.

Ah. Well anyways this is kinda petty stuff.

I'm just gonna crawl onto team january dejectedly and distract myself with Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Look for leaks at this point is useless
Even in Nintendo there is a lot of people in the dark from my understanding.
At least at NoE

I did it because I hardly use NeoGAF and my friend wanted to see how easily people would believe it.
Sorry guys, you wont be seeing me here anymore lmao

facepalm.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
I did it because I hardly use NeoGAF and my friend wanted to see how easily people would believe it.

uzHq1JM.png

You're one of my fav posters now. Keeping NintendoGAF on their toes. Trust no one!

Stop believing people on this site guys. You're thirst is gonna get you burnt...again.

Still looking forward to the Briefing :)

Hermii

I will be very surprised if this thread still is here at the time of the investor meeting. I feel bad for Rosti who put so much care into the OP.

Lmao what.. jesus christ. Hope there aint no copy cats.

He has a reputation for hounding people on twitter to give him NX leaks, then gets angry and aggressive when he's ignored.

You're pretty angry for a guy who gets blocked by leakers for being too annoying.
Blocked by who? I dont even have you on twitter stop making up stuff. I dont be begging nobody for no leaks anybody who follow me on twitter know damn well I talk about NX 3% of the time. Every other time im either drunk or playing around with ten k lol

Malus

I will be very surprised if this thread still is here at the time of the investor meeting. I feel bad for Rosti who put so much care into the OP.

To be honest if people weren't talking leaks and speculation the thread would likely just go quiet until the 27th.

Malakai

So, do you guys think that a New 3DS XL and New 3DS price cut would help increase Nintendo's foretasted revenue for this FY?

ggx2ac

So, do you guys think that a New 3DS XL and New 3DS price cut would help increase Nintendo's foretasted revenue for this FY?

No, definitely not. The New 3DS is the rejuvenation of the 3DS product life cycle.

Giving it a price cut means less revenue per unit where they would have to sell a lot more units to make up the difference.

NateDrake

I wished it was that easy. It's easier said than done. I just want to believe in October. Lol

I'm not saying not to believe in October. I'm saying trick yourself or distract yourself into thinking it'll come later. That way if it is announced tomorrow you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not saying not to believe in October. I'm saying trick yourself or distract yourself into thinking it'll come later. That way if it is announced tomorrow you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've got Paper Mario I'm excited for tomorrow to keep me busy.

And TBH my hype has been dying down, but every time I'm seeing a new rumor or new topic on NX it gets me going again.

Eh, that's how things work nowaday with Nintendo.
It's insane that their new console release in 5 months and we have yet to see it.

It's time to take roll call

#TeamOctober
-Dark Cloud
-Speely
-Hermii

#TeamJanuary
-Anthony

January reveal would be a little insane if this thing launches in March.

The entire system would leak before January (if it hasn't already leaked by now)

I would think if there's no reveal by the investors meeting, then they'll announce it's been delayed at the investors meeting.

Oddduck

The entire system would leak before January (if it hasn't already leaked by now)

2 months reveal before launch is the best way to fail a product lunch. Heck 5 months is already tight.
Either it's not releasing in March or they just don't care and NX is an afterthought.

Just for comparison, NES Mini is launching 4 months after reveal. NX is getting into NES Mini territory.

ggx2ac

I've always argued that they'd have to reveal the system now as opposed to an Apple style reveal/launch.

So I think at least an announcement is this month for revealing something. (Be it a delay or a reveal of the hardware.)

J@hranimo

Banned
I know the chances of a Wii U price cut/maybe a paper mario or some kind of budget bundle are pretty low, but I think it'd be really neat all the same.

Wii U price cut will happen eventually. They gotta have an easier time to get rid of inventory....unless they continue to sell it directly from their site.

ggx2ac

I know the chances of a Wii U price cut/maybe a paper mario or some kind of budget bundle are pretty low, but I think it'd be really neat all the same.

I imagine a price cut for Wii U would happen before launch of NX just to clear space for the NX. (Official Nintendo price cut)

They are still supporting 3DS so they are not going to put things on clearance for that. Yes, there may be a price cut for 3DS although that would be to make it cheaper than NX.

Hermii

Wii U price cut will happen eventually. They gotta have an easier time to get rid of inventory....unless they continue to sell it directly from their site.
Then again, for every Wii U they sell now that may be one less potential NX buyer.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I expect Nintendo to annonce projected revenue and profits will be higher than this year. A combination of mobile games, toys to life, 3DS+WiiU, and a new system will be the main sources of revenue.

The company will also seek to liquidate potential assets such as the recent sale of the stake in the Marlies. More external collaborations will allow Nintendo to introduce more software in a shorter period of time.

R&D costs will be down but manifacturing costs woll increase. Marketing expenses will be much higher. Changes to the yen currency will affect Nintendo operations.

Still no NX announcement

TLZ

Banned

You're pretty angry for a guy who gets blocked by leakers for being too annoying.

I'm curious, why do you find it funny?

Do you take pleasure in knowing others with no info are desperately seeking it from silly "insiders" who think highly of themselves who won't share any info with them? I understand why they can't share info, but what I won't understand is this high ground stance they take wanting to feel important.

Why don't you feel for them instead? You think it's easy waiting a year or more for the slightest information day in day out? Add to that all these fake rumors that some cling onto out of desperation hoping there's some truth to them because it means they at least get to know something and help with the long wait? And all the silly and childish teasing. This is not making it any easier on people. Just look at every NX thread.

Do you take pleasure in knowing others with no info are desperately seeking it from silly "insiders" who think highly of themselves who won't share any info with them? I understand why they can't share info, but what I won't understand is this high ground stance they take wanting to feel important.

Why don't you feel for them instead? You think it's easy waiting a year or more for the slightest information day in day out? Add to that all these fake rumors that some cling onto out of desperation hoping there's some truth to them because it means they at least get to know something and help with the long wait? And all the silly and childish teasing. This is not making it any easier on people. Just look at every NX thread.
dont even comment on it anymore. he is making stuff up about me which is not true. I havent done or had any of those things happen to me.

Peterc

I still believe Emily that said it will be in october.
But than again, maybe Nintendo can change their date?

I feel like people are getting sick of the NX in one way.
There isn't any good news, Nintendo told us to hear something about it in 2016 so this even could mean that we get the info somewhere in de December.

ggx2ac

I expect Nintendo to annonce projected revenue and profits will be higher than this year. A combination of mobile games, toys to life, 3DS+WiiU, and a new system will be the main sources of revenue.

The company will also seek to liquidate potential assets such as the recent sale of the stake in the Marlies. More external collaborations will allow Nintendo to introduce more software in a shorter period of time.

R&D costs will be down but manifacturing costs woll increase. Marketing expenses will be much higher. Changes to the yen currency will affect Nintendo operations.

Still no NX announcement

The sale of the Mariners and purchase of that distribution chain in Japan isn't taking effect until next fiscal year. There won't be any change to forecasts to this year due to those sales and acquisitions.

TLZ

Banned
dont even comment on it anymore. he is making stuff up about me which is not true. I havent done or had any of those things happen to me.

I'll just never understand that mindset. They should feel lucky and thankful they're in that position to know info and feel for others who'll have to wait God knows how long. It doesn't matter how pestering fans will be, it's natural.

Hermii

Never forget people, at the end of the day we are just discussing a fucking piece of plastic that plays games. It's easy to lose perspective.

Gleethor

Maybe let's take a step back and figure out the actual silly and childish aspects of NX speculation.

Never forget people, at the end of the day we are just discussing a fucking piece of plastic that plays games. It's easy to lose perspective.

How dare you

I'll just never understand that mindset. They should feel lucky and thankful they're in that position to know info and feel for others who'll have to wait God knows how long. It doesn't matter how pestering fans will be, it's natural.

Sometimes some people think highly of themselves when they have something others don't have-money for example.

I'm not saying anyone here has that mindset btw, lol.

AzaK

NX is gonna heat things up during the holidays!

In what way? It's a hybrid handheld and console going up against VR and a 4.2 Teraflop gaming console.

Nintendo would have to pull something truly out of this world to garner any attention this holidays. If they did something mad like "Free NX with Nintendo subscription model" maybe that'd work but anything less is dead in the water this holidays.

This is why I think we'll hear nothing (or very little) on the thing until new year.

AzaK

So if it's a January reveal...

Do we concede that 3 months is "enough" or does #TeamDelay get more recruits?

Why wouldn't three months be enough? Seriously. I mean assuming they have something people want to buy three months is PLENTY of time to advertise to something.

udivision

Are we getting into the politics of insiders now? Lol.

Did you know? 1% of the posters know 99% of the insider information. The only solution is to... crap up NX threads.

Malus

You're right. Games are the lifeblood of human society, and I feel none of us are taking this seriously enough. Get some perspective people.

Top Bottom