• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

Malus

This way the expectation of an announcement is removed and when the reveal is announced it'll be a surprise moment.

Instead you all are like kids waiting for Santa to squeeze his fat ass down the chimney so you can open gifts.

it's always christmas eve on gaf bby

this is what I've been trying to tell everyone for months

and everyone just gets mad at me :(

They get angry because they care about you.

NateDrake

I wished she would say something. It's the old "let me say something and run off", that seems very common with people who say they have info.
There's no reason to dismiss October. We are only a week into the month.

Just trick yourself into thinking nothing is coming soon, so you'll be surprised when it does.

Bliany

I can imagine Nintendo wants to clear as much WiiU inventory before moving on. Wouldn't revealing the NX during peak season impede that?

I wished she would say something. It's the old "let me say something and run off", that seems very common with people who say they have info.

The reason that's pretty common is that the more details you give, the more likely you'll say something that can be misinterpreted or, worse, lead to your source.

Not everyone's SMD and willingly flips on their sources, but no one wants to do it accidentally, either.

To be fair I don't blame her. All eyes have been on her during all this NX business. If her goal is to provide the most accurate and up-to-date info, then by all means she can feel free to do so. I mean, by doing all this is putting her reputation on the line. She doesn't owe us anything and it's really pretty respectable how she's been one of the few sources of Nintendo info this year who's provided worthy discussion material.

So if it's a January reveal...

Do we concede that 3 months is "enough" or does #TeamDelay get more recruits?

They could pull off a short reveal-to-launch window if they are on-fucking-point with their marketing. A Superbowl commercial, retail events with kiosks everywhere, billboards, the whole shebang.

At least in my dreams.

EDIT: Honestly if Zelda only ends up having been at one E3 I'll be impressed.

We'll know this month at the investors meeting that if it is going to be delayed or not. If they are going to delay it they need to let them know now because it will completely destroy they fiscal year predictions if it doesn't.

ahkdigital

Neo Member
PMing Bishoptl and/or Nirolak would be your best bet.

So did he get vetted or what?

Edit: nevermind, I guess it hasn't been that long.

How about we just do this, Noi_, you just post everything here and we'll vet you. Let's make everybody an insider. What you got? Images of the system, marketing materials, emails?

udivision

They could pull off a short reveal-to-launch window if they are on-fucking-point with their marketing. A Superbowl commercial, retail events with kiosks everywhere, billboards, the whole shebang.

At least in my dreams.

I wonder.

Just thinking about all the biweekly/weekly Pokemon news, I wonder if they could pull of something similar but condensed down to 3 months and with more than one game (the entire launch line up). Like, every week for ~3 months we get a trailer or something for a game.

I wonder.

Just thinking about all the biweekly/weekly Pokemon news, I wonder if they could pull of something similar but condensed down to 3 months and with more than one game (the entire launch line up). Like, every week for ~3 months we get a trailer or something for a game.

Oh yeah, something like that would be cool. And then end it with a sizzle reel of all the upcoming launch games, and even some for the launch window.

If they stick to their guns with the late reveal and March launch at the meeting, then I'm assuming that's because they're confident in their software lineup.

I wonder.

Honestly, that'd be pretty great.

If the reveal isn't until January, of course that means its delayed. People have been saying NX will launch in March because "Nintendo said so". People have been saying the NX would be shown off this year because "Nintendo said so" and its true they did say the system would be shown at a later date this year. So if the latter statement by Nintendo is false, of course the former would probably be too.

Elios83

The thirst for NX related news is real if we are doing a countdown for a financial report...
Unfortunately I don't think that meaningful news will be released there.
Btw I don't know why Nintendo is taking so long to announce this product. Competitors are all doing their own stuff.
Maybe the games to showcase it are not ready? But if the hybrid console rumors are true developers shouldn't have troubles creating games for it, it's not a groundbreaking concept.
So I don't know why they're not giving themselves time to hype and let people know about the system. Worst case scenario is a delay with the announcement in January.

Oh yeah, something like that would be cool. And then end it with a sizzle reel of all the upcoming launch games, and even some for the launch window.

If they stick to their guns with the late reveal and March launch at the meeting, then I'm assuming that's because they're confident in their software lineup.

Well Nintendo may be fine with only 2 months of media before launch, but the 3rd party developers who are investing a lot of money to bring games to the system may want MORE than 2 months. And of course the 3rd party developers wouldn't be able to show anything until Nintendo shows off the system itself so, 3rd party developers may not be on board with that, and not to mention Nintendo still needs to rekindle and mend their relationship with third parties as much as possible given their current relations.

Well Nintendo may be fine with only 2 months of media before launch, but the 3rd party developers who are investing a lot of money to bring games to the system may want MORE than 2 months. And of course the 3rd party developers wouldn't be able to show anything until Nintendo shows off the system itself so, 3rd party developers may not be on board with that, and not to mention Nintendo still needs to rekindle and mend their relationship with third parties as much as possible given their current relations.

Yeah, it's third-parties that are tricky.

Being conservative based on what we know I feel like the NX launch will mainly be supported by Japanese devs, some indies (hopefully Playtonic for Yooka-Laylee), and devs like Ubisoft on things like Just Dance.

I think one argument against the delay is that it would interfere with their projections for the fiscal year. A delay would sacrifice a lot from that POV. We'll just have to see though. Nothing is worth ruling out.

PMd one of the mods. Nothing yet

Godspeed.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
December reveal is the stuff of nightmares. I really hope you're wrong, Noi_.

edit: Crisis averted! But seriously, Noi_, that's not cool.

Malus

Yeah, haha i'm just messing around. Ban me if you need to, lol.

i-trusted-you-you-were-supposed-to-be-the-chosen-one-thumb.jpg

Yeah, haha i'm just messing around. Ban me if you need to, lol.
Bruh what are you thinking? Come on man it's not worth it.

I'm still #Emily anyways

December never made sense anyways. November doesn't make sense lol.

It's either October or January.

Noi_

Banned
I did it because I hardly use NeoGAF and my friend wanted to see how easily people would believe it.
Sorry guys, you wont be seeing me here anymore lmao

There's no reason to dismiss October. We are only a week into the month.

Just trick yourself into thinking nothing is coming soon, so you'll be surprised when it does.
I wished it was that easy. It's easier said than done. I just want to believe in October. Lol

The reason that's pretty common is that the more details you give, the more likely you'll say something that can be misinterpreted or, worse, lead to your source.

Not everyone's SMD and willingly flips on their sources, but no one wants to do it accidentally, either.
Yeah, I don't agree with what SMD did and I don't want anybody to get in trouble.

Top Bottom