• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCrush

Posted this in the reactions thread, didnt see this main thread until now:

I stream on the weekends and some of my viewers want me to check out P.T.

Mind you, I have never really played any scary games before. The scariest game I've played was Resident Evil: Code Veronica (not scary, I know) I also can't remember the last scary movie I have seen. So basically I am a horror noob, and I don't know if I should buckle under the peer pressure and check this out. The only thing I have seen on P.T. is the Gamescom reaction shots.

Should I check out something else first? or dive in with this? What say you, GAF?

Do it and friend me and shoot me a message that says when you're gonna stream. PSN is the same as my GAF name.

I am currently addicted to finding streams/videos of people playing this game for the first time. I LOVE Seeing peoples' reactions since I pretty much had the same ones.

OK, so I finally pulled it off this morning after some fruitless loops. The first giggle is well known by now, the 10 steps... easy peasy!

Here's my two cents regarding the second giggle:
After the 10 steps I saw her twitching at the loop entrance. I looked at her, shouted in the mic and zoomed in... nothing. Then I stood in her spot for another 5 fruitless haunts, nothing. I went over to the bathroom and looked at the baby/mirror and then a haunt starts. In the mirror I see her twitching through me. I made noise while standing still, noting. I stood there for another 5 fruitless haunts. Then I went over to the phone... all while making noise every once in a while... nothing.

Then I started fiddling with the on/off switch in the mic (standard PS4 earbud thingie). Some more haunts passed and I thought, the hell I give up. I noticed there was a little spider on the wall above my TV and stood up to pick it up and put it outside. I walked to the TV where my camera is positioned. Reached out to the spider... GIGGLE nr. 2!!! I lost it! Then the controller started rumbling while on the table. I knew that was the cue for giggle nr 3. I picked it up, waited for it to end while standing still. And then the phone rang, R3, chosen, loop door, trailer, evacuate spider, fresh pants!

Now I'm not sure if it was the mic or the camera for me. Or maybe on cancels out the other, who knows. But man, hearing the original tune at the end of the trailer made my day for sure.

Hanmik

So I played again last night.. tried some stupid theories of mine..here are my stupid observations..

- It is a Hideo Kojima thing/game.. so I had to try using 2 controllers.. did nothing.
- tried for an hour without my Gold Headset, couldn´t get the phone to ring.
- tried for 5 min. with my Gold headset, took me less than 10 min. to get the phone to ring. I didn´t talk (my wife was sleeping next to me), but I ran a finger through my beard near the mic. just to make sure that sounds triggered something. Without making any noise it didn´t seem to work, but once my beard started "talking" then the second giggle was easy to trigger.
- I figured that you have to make some kind of sound, to trigger the second giggle at the last spot the Ghost haunted. But I also had this crazy theory that you could do it without a mic, but you still had to make a noise, but how..? so my theory was that you had to be possesed. Because once she is "inside" you she sarts to "speak" alot whe you stand still. But that theory didn´t work, I tried to go to all the hotspots and stand still for a long time. After awhile I got tired of her moaning and crying and looped again.

One last thing.. I played without a mic or headset for a while, got the first giggle after doing ten steps (after the bells rang), the I went to look at the phone. I looked for awhile but nothing happened. Then my wife reminded me that I promised her a massage. I let the game run, but after 2 minutes I got tired of the sounds the game made, so I paused it and continued the massage.
After about an half hour into the massage I look at my controller, it is turned off because I didn´t use it. And suddenly I hear this fucking creepy voice talking backwards in the pause screen..
I have heard backwards talk in the game before (I even have a video of some of it), but never on the fucking pause screen with my controller off. And it happened again like 1 or 2 min. later. I finished the massage and pressed the share button, and recorded the last 15 min. ... but I never got around looking at the footage.. will look some time this weekend to see if I got the new backwardstalk recorded,,
It was fucking creepy hearing this shit while the game was paused and I was doing something else... arghhh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone edited the levels on a screenshot to make it look like an actual photo and I almost shat my pants upon first glance.

KrhdC3a.jpg

Holy shit.

I'm glad this exists.

panda-zebra

God damn, I've tried everything. Triggering that second laugh is where this demo falters.

It's meant to. Everything up to this point is doable on your own with time and persistence and it's even got non-essential extras to distract you in the photo pieces (although they do give vague clues). He didn't want people finding the end in 4 hours the way it went down, was supposed to be more like a week. The "2nd" giggle is a random event essentially, proved by just waiting at a hot-spot in options menu after a haunting or just during gameplay. And the second giggle, when it happens, the fact that you then have to leave the controller alone while it rumbles for so long - who in their right mind would do that? Gut reaction would be to go do something quick while you can, especially with things being so tense.

But yeah, the point is valid if you look at this solely as a game and not an interactive advertisement designed to bash you about the head before the reward of a reveal.

I had to quit. Not because I was scared, because I was pissed off. Christ what a frustrating pile of shit.

Your call, if everyone was the same nobody would know about Silent Hills. Oh well :)

Did anyone else screw up when they triggered everything correctly? I didn't zoom in on the phone long enou
gh when it was vibrating and I had to spend an hour trying to get it to work again, haha.

Yes on the first night it was out, I was next to the phone and felt the rumble and spazzed on the controller and that was that... hehe

I just beat it and no you don't do a mic.help

Just finished after about 2 hours on the last cycle. No mic plugged in.

Do you have PS Camera?

After my second finish, I noticed a certain pattern that worked for me.
Obviously you'll start with the guarenteed ten steps from midnight - you'll get your first giggle ~
And my second and third giggle I got while approaching Lisa at the window, really zoomed in on her ugly mug - And paused the game. Second giggle. Unpause, controller starts vibrating - I stand still aaaaand. Third giggle. The phone rings.
Hope this works for some of you :)
(And btw, try getting as many clues as possible by zooming in on stuff, the teddy bear etc, think that might've helped).

EDIT: NO MIC!

panda-zebra

And my second and third giggle I got while approaching Lisa at the window, really zoomed in on her ugly mug - And paused the game. Second giggle. Unpause, controller starts vibrating - I stand still aaaaand. Third giggle. The phone rings.
Hope this works for some of you :)
(And btw, try getting as many clues as possible by zooming in on stuff, the teddy bear etc, think that might've helped).

EDIT: NO MIC!

The place by her in the window is a hot spot. Going into OPTIONS here, in my experience, will guarantee the 2nd giggle after some time.

No zooming required, have done it many times without ever zooming or even talking.

Have you got PS Camera?

The place by her in the window is a hot spot. Going into OPTIONS here, in my experience, will guarantee the 2nd giggle after some time.

No zooming required, have done it many times without ever zooming or even talking.

Have you got PS Camera?
Nope, no camera. :)
I don't think you need to zoom in either... I just enjoy doing it, since she doesn't kill you, haha. Feels empowering, lol.

Kumo

Actually, I liked most of the demo. It had some good jump scares and great atmosphere. That last bit sucked though, I'm sticking with that opinion. Way too random and frustrating.

The purpose of the last bit was to conceal the end trailer for at least a week. It wasn't meant to entertain us.

panda-zebra

Nope, no camera. :)
I don't think you need to zoom in either... I just enjoy doing it, since she doesn't kill you, haha. Feels empowering, lol.

How about streaming (or recording to ps4)? He said people should play with headset and stream via twitch. Maybe both are equal triggers?

So OK then, that's 3 or 4 people in this thread saying they did it with no mic but I think you might be the only one confirmed no mic/no camera. Unsure about streaming. If you hadn't said you'd done this twice I'd be just thinking the mic massively increased the odds of the "2nd" giggle. Now...

iLoveVN

Do one of you has a good walkthrough video of the demo?? I'm abroad, far from my ps4 so I won't be able to try it anytime soon :'-(

I would prefer a video without commentary and if possible, of a first time run (it should also contains all the jump scares! But I don't know if you can miss them).

I would greatly appreciate if one of you could provide me with such video :-D

How about streaming (or recording to ps4)? He said people should play with headset and stream via twitch. Maybe both are equal triggers?

So OK then, that's 3 or 4 people in this thread saying they did it with no mic but I think you might be the only one confirmed no mic/no camera. Unsure about streaming. If you hadn't said you'd done this twice I'd be just thinking the mic massively increased the odds of the "2nd" giggle. Now...
On my first playthrough, I streamed it so my friend could watch me play and see the ending (he was too much of a coward to do it himself, haha). On my second playthrough I didn't stream nor did I have a camera or mic plugged in. So there's that :)

Hanmik

On my first playthrough, I streamed it so my friend could watch me play and see the ending (he was too much of a coward to do it himself, haha). On my second playthrough I didn't stream nor did I have a camera or mic plugged in. So there's that :)

do you think you could do it again without streaming, headset, mic, camera ..? because I can´t make the phone ring without using my Gold wireless headset.. I have tried EVERYTHING without...

Bruno

I put a around 2 hours into trying to figure out the last puzzle for the cutscene and had to give up. Nothing seemed to work, I tried everything posted and a bunch of other random stuff.

do you think you could do it again without streaming, headset, mic, camera ..? because I can´t make the phone ring without using my Gold wireless headset.. I have tried EVERYTHING without...
Does being connected to the internet count? Because that was it. Nothing else.
First time through, I was stuck in the last loop for about an hour. I initially got my controller to vibrate by randomly pressing my triggers and zooming in on the "if you can read this..." picture, triggering a "clue" in a foreign language. But I moved, not knowing I wasn't supposed to... So I restarted the loop and did as I instructed above.
Sure, I can give it at a go when I get back home. It still feels random though.. :-/
But try it out for yourself (and collect as many clues as possible, I saved most of them til the end).

So this was my "solution" that just happened:

I read the IGN walkthrough and followed it so that I never was attacked by Lisa. Only actually saw her when she closes the cracked bathroom door, then when she's standing in the hall early on and disappears.

For the last puzzle, I followed their suggestion to plug in the mic and stare at the clock until midnight, go straight to the radio and zoom for a second, then straight to the phone and zoom. Got the first giggle here. Unzoomed, stared at phone and talked into the mic (mostly gibberish, or "hello lisa" etc.). Nothing happened after many cycles of the creepy music. Tried just running my finger over the mic to make a loud, constant input and still no luck for many cycles (still looking at the phone, occasionally tried zooming). No luck.

I paused the game for ~5 minutes to go do something, still looking at the phone unzoomed. When I came back and unpaused the three circle Save icon immediately appeared along with some text, like when you pick up a piece of picture. Not giving any intentional mic input now, but it was plugged in the entire last puzzle. Never had a headset/camera/or streaming. A couple seconds later I got the second giggle --> put the controller down --> controller vibrates a while while creepy music starts up ---> phone rings, zoom in, "Chosen," The End.

Never being attacked by the ghost makes it more manageable but it's still tense as all hell.

NeoRausch

Is there a list of all the picture pieces? Because I miss one (upper right corner).
I'm pretty sure that I've already got the following:

- right under the clock
- the plant right to the clock
- in the corner by the teddy bear
- in the ceiling corner after the bathroom
- in the spiderwebs on the plant at the radio (not 100% sure about this one... But I can't find anything there anymore)
- in the x-ray in the pause menu

panda-zebra

I paused the game for ~5 minutes to go do something, still looking at the phone unzoomed. When I came back and unpaused the three circle Save icon immediately appeared along with some text, like when you pick up a piece of picture. Not giving any intentional mic input now, but it was plugged in the entire last puzzle. Never had a headset/camera/or streaming. A couple seconds later I got the second giggle --> put the controller down --> controller vibrates a while while creepy music starts up ---> phone rings, zoom in, "Chosen," The End.

That's because the phone is one of the hot spots. You can trigger giggles and the other random occurrences here, the radio, the clock, the entrance. Saving happens every time you exit OPTIONS afaik, it wasn't something unique. It's a known trick I've been posting about in this thread that you can queue up the "2nd" giggles by going to OPTIONS and waiting it out at the phone. Completed it 6 times with this method yesterday.

Mr Rivuz

LOL today i started it and the ghost snapped my neck like after 3 seconds, while still in the room with the talking paper bag o_O
Managed to scare the shit out of me... AGAIN.

Hanmik

Is there a list of all the picture pieces? Because I miss one (upper right corner).

- right under the clock
- in the spiderwebs on the plant at the radio (not 100% sure about this one... But I can't find anything there anymore)

go to the family photo with the big X on it ... zoom in with R3 and press a certain button.. ;o) then the door (at the end) will open.. search the steps with R3 and you will find it.

Get_crazy

Banned

- right under the clock

The last one is
on the stairs when you're about to loop

driver116

In my second playthrough, I peeked through the door (already a jar), looked at the wedding photo, turned around and noticed the hallway had gone completely dark. Then I was jumped. Crap. Probably 2 mins in.

Get_crazy

Banned
Btw, does someone know what's the point of completing the picture? Cause you can finish the demo without completing it, so... that's weird.

Hanmik

Btw, does someone know what's the point of completing the picture? Cause you can finish the demo without completing it, so... that's weird.

I belive that is just put there to mess with us (and give us hints, because of the messages on he screen are all cryptic hints).. just to make finding the "real solution" even harder.. the same with the flashlight that changes color.

They give us hints to solve the phone call riddle..

majik13

I cant get it! I'm always chosen last!

Getting the first giggle fine, after bells, by walking over to phone from radio. Ive stood staying at the radio for 20 mins at a time through several hauntings, making sounds into mic, pause and wait, walk around focus on everything, go to where the ghost is and talk into mic, stare at ghost out window, pause, etc.

Still nothing

Gizzie87

Neo Member
Just posting to add a +1 to the working method.
  1. After the chimes & first appearance of ghost, walked 10 steps from the radio to the phone, first giggle.
  2. After the giggle, walked into the bathroom, looked at the fetus. Talked to it before and during the ghost noise. Got second giggle during ghost noise. Haven't moved this whole time.
  3. Third giggle and vibration came after the noise stopped. Didn't move during vibration.
  4. Phone rang

Followed this method and worked a treat. I don't think I've ever had so much fun whilst walking round in circles.

Just hope the actual game lives up to the standard set now.

majik13

Just posting to add a +1 to the working method.
  1. After the chimes & first appearance of ghost, walked 10 steps from the radio to the phone, first giggle.
  2. After the giggle, walked into the bathroom, looked at the fetus. Talked to it before and during the ghost noise. Got second giggle during ghost noise. Haven't moved this whole time.
  3. Third giggle and vibration came after the noise stopped. Didn't move during vibration.
  4. Phone rang

Followed this method and worked a treat. I don't think I've ever had so much fun whilst walking round in circles.

Just hope the actual game lives up to the standard set now.

tried this, didnt work for me.

eso76

Someone edited the levels on a screenshot to make it look like an actual photo and I almost shat my pants upon first glance.

KrhdC3a.jpg

This needs to be sent to Mr. Kojima, so he can make the final game look like this.

Had my older brother play it this morning, you could tell he was crapping his pants because he couldn't stop talking and making jokes while trying to find excuses to avoid advancing :)

Just sorta finished the demo...
i got killed by the lady and was to scared to retry, never knew there was more...maybe tomorrow

This game blows outlast out of the water.

Imagine playing this game on a Morpheus or oculus rift....my gawd.

WITHE1982

tried this, didnt work for me.

I'm exactly the same. I've followed about 5 guides and copied 3 different youtube videos exactly but still no second laugh with and without mic. Getting the first is easy.

The thing is that every person that's finished it so far doesn't know what they did to get the second giggle. It just seems to be that you wander around and then bam! It's just so infuriating listening to 90 differing opinions on how to do it.

I just want to finish it once so I can start to really mess about with it.

KOJIMA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom