• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

Oh my god there is so much more to this demo. I was so creeped out just walking around the loop. I only made it to the baby door creeping open. The atmosphere is just first rate.

psychotron

It may have to do with me having my mic finally turned on, but I noticed I was able to get the second giggle by walking down the hall until I saw our lovely ghost lady. I stopped just outside the distance where she would fly at me, and I just zoomed in on her with R3 which instantly got me the giggle.

Damn this game stays with you. Every time i hear my door creak, shivers run down my spine, and I need to turn around to see if anything is there.

If the upcoming Silent Hill is about ghost then I won't play it. I can deal with playing against demons, zombies or any other monsters but ghosts always make me uneasy.

WITHE1982

If the upcoming Silent Hill is about ghost then I won't play it. I can deal with playing against demons, zombies or any other monsters but ghosts always make me uneasy.

My biggest worry is that over saturation of enemies will take away any horror value the final game may have. Yes a ghost is very scary but 10 ghosts in a row becomes tedious.

IMO the reason the teaser demo worked so well is that there is only one enemy (think nemesis from RE3 or Slenderman). You know she's there somewhere but the spawning is so random that you never know where she'll appear. I really do hope the final game retains the same amazing atmosphere that P.T. has.

So far this demo, which takes place in one single hallway, is probably the third best thing I've played this year (after Destiny and TLOU Remastered). Remarkable really.

Andrew.

Banned
I just cant believe something like this was kept under such tight wraps. I mean, there were zero fucking leaks. Usually GAF is on top of this kind of stuff, but not this time. It just came out of nowhere. The NDA's mustve been so damn tight on it. I have never seen a drop this major out of thin air in ages. It just never happens in this day in age with the way social media and the internet is. It really is pretty damn unbelievable.

And I will also echo the fact that it's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had all year and it's a demo for christs sake.

I played again last night for a bit to try the microphone trick, which I had not done my first night playing for hours....

Well, I was killed on the first run, which was surprising to me because all my hours of playing it the night before, she never killed me. I wonder if it only happens once each time you turn it on and then you're safe after that. I don't know. But after I failed to get the second giggle and died, I then paused it when I was in the respawn room. What was amazing to me was that I got the giggle in the pause menu!

Then I played as normal, stood by the phone until the noise stopped, walked 10 steps, got a giggle... and nothing. I tried speaking sweet nothings into my mic but I never got anything else to happen. So I gave up again.

Hanmik

maybe someone can find a good use for this gif in the future..

banned4lad2.gif

Just beat it. Mic plugged in, calling for Lisa every few minutes. 10 step giggle then waited around at each of the haunting areas until I got the giggle.

TyrantII

Beat it twice last night. Finally.

First baby cry from waiting till the haunting music stops and taking 10 step
Second standing at the phone facing out of the corner of the opposite L walls, went into the menu and let it sit for 30-60 seconds
Go back into the game, rumbling and wait for it to die down without moving.
Phone rings.

Seems to be multiple ways for the second cry. Second time I tried I ran to where the ghost was and stopped (after the 10 step) and got a cry. Never had to do the menu trick since the rumble 3rd starts up next

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, here's a video (the Share button worked for once!) of how I finally managed to complete this thing yesterday after HOURS and HOURS of trying everything and having absolutely nothing for it. I had people trying to help me on the stream, trying everything that had worked for them and others, but it just wouldn't happen for me. Finally I decided to go with the "get possessed and just do random shit" approach, which had seemingly worked for some other people and was pretty much the one thing I hadn't tried. The relief when it finally happened, Jebus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKgkgc4S_8

Some important points in the video:

1:57 - I intentionally get possessed.
3:18 - I do the 10 steps to get the first giggle (at 3:25). This can be done at any time, it seems, it doesn't have to be right after the bells chime.
3:35-10:08 - I just walk around randomly looking at shit. Quite a lot of time is spent looking at the fetus, and talking a bit to it (which you can't hear in the video). Nothing seems to be happening.
10:08 - I'm just about ready to give up, so defeated I go stand at the phone as I've done so many times in the past.
10:21 - Second giggle, holy shit! (This was the first time I had ever heard the second one.)
10:46 - Third giggle, AW YISS!
10:49 - Phone rings. Thank you, sweet baby Fetus!

So yeah, uh, be my guest and try to make something of this random mess, lol.

Didn't realize that in like the second loop, Lisa's picture falls down and on the back it says R3. :0

This always happens. That's how the game teaches you to press R3 to examine stuff. But yeah, I totally missed that on my first playthrough as well.

I will probably get the game once its out and id say this is quite a nice surprise but i didnt really like the demo. it just seems to be cheap scares rather than atmospheric subtle horror what made silent hill (especially 2) so good.

graphics seem to be okay. controls are kinda clunky (which is acceptable since its silent hill). i dont like the first person view (im a traditionalist). seems to be a lot of trial and error gameplay-wise which can be good when its done cleverly..

glottis8

Banned
What's the fridge about I wonder. So odd.

I wonder if there's different things if you do remote play, knowing Kojima.

I didn't even think about that. I'll try to hook up my vita and then my tablet to see if there is anything.

Has anyone else checked? Maybe the tablet tells you exactly where to go to solve the puzzle hahaha

Kurdel

Banned
Oh man that spoilery comic from the previous page is GOLD.

So true, the ending was so not worth it, but the beginning was.

Manu

The things that baffles me about that comic is how he got everything so right and yet the ghost looks nothing like the one in the game.

I managed to clear it finally. I waited at the phone to get the second laugh. I did pause a few times and wait. Then unpause. Seemed to work. I also got some weird message for waiting a while on the screen. idk.

Also, it's always dark at the end, right? Well, for some reason one of my attempts the light was on in the room with the radio.

BvFhNzlIUAECfVA.jpg:large

glottis8

Banned
I managed to clear it finally. I waited at the phone to get the second laugh. I did pause a few times and wait. Then unpause. Seemed to work. I also got some weird message for waiting a while on the screen. idk.

Also, it's always dark at the end, right? Well, for some reason one of my attempts the light was on in the room with the radio.

yea... i think if you walk backwards to the door and then open it on the next loop that light will be on. Makes the game creepier tbh.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

yea... i think if you walk backwards to the door and then open it on the next loop that light will be on. Makes the game creepier tbh.

Yep, backwards to the door before looping and that light will be on.

haha... i called that one as soon as i was looking at some of the videos. The 3 circle loading is a dead giveaway.

i was thinking predator. splinter cell.

anyone die playing this yet? or news reports of people fainting?

what are the chances they remove this demo? i REALLY need to come up with $500 bucks to get me a ps4....canada lol

LakeEarth

Man, this game really turned me around on horror games. I've had Outlast on my PS4 just sitting their unplayed. Now I want to play it. Or play P.T. again. I'm not sure yet.

Kaversmed

Hope he doesnt have any serious heart conditions.

He's 57 not 87, relax :D

He loved it, even though he was more obsessed with looking at the roaches than actually figuring out how to progress lol.

He had a big jump when the window fell down, but overall he wasn't too scared.

lantus

OK I'm stuck, can't find all the pieces of the picture. Missing one or two more the eye piece and one connected to it. HELP!

OK I'm stuck, can't find all the pieces of the picture. Missing one or two more the eye piece and one connected to it. HELP!
Don't know which ones you have already, but for one of them
Pause the game and hit R3.

edit: Damn. Should have edited that into my last post. Sorry, sorry.

lantus

Don't know which ones you have already, but for one of them
Pause the game and hit R3.

edit: Damn. Should have edited that into my last post. Sorry, sorry.

I don't know how anyone is supposed to figure that one out, but ok lol. I'm guessing the last one is the piece for her forehead.

NeoRausch

FINALLY DID IT!
Phew! Where is my platinum trophy?

Fit the first giggle randomly while walking around.
Second WHILE having the game paused/menu.
I was already standing in from of the phone.
Starting at the phone, third giggle, vibrating aaaand ringing.

I'm so chosen!

ryz866

Neo Member
I think one of the biggest helps for the experience of this is to not do what they say for the gamma slider levels. They tell you to move the slider until the skull on the right disappears. But if you do that you'll never see the painting that has dropped from the wall in the hallway. You need to move the slider so that the skull disappears and then bump it up a few notches from that so it's just barely visible.

Only true if you have your LCD or ps4 miscalibrated; make sure you have black levels set correctly.

Rflagg

<---is stuck, trying staring at random things.

If it help I got into the bathroom stared at baby etc once, and had ghost attack me once
Now I am on a loop where the radio(?) something is making odd breathing(? )noises and bathroom door is a jar again.

Tried staring at photos
Tried zooming in view in bathroom
Tried zooming in staring at phone
Tried zooming up at balcony
Tried looking out windows
Tried staring at radio and zooming in
Tried what seems like everything. :/

I might have to try again later

<---is stuck, trying staring at random things.

If it help I got into the bathroom stared at baby etc once, and had ghost attack me once
Now I am on a loop where the radio(?) something is making odd breathing(? )noises and bathroom door is a jar again.

Tried staring at photos
Tried zooming in view in bathroom
Tried zooming in staring at phone
Tried zooming up at balcony
Tried looking out windows
Tried staring at radio and zooming in
Tried what seems like everything. :/

I might have to try again later

Look at the photo by the radio

press x on it

Status
Not open for further replies.