• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Did the watch the phone, turn around, walk toward the radio, hear baby giggle, go say hi to baby for a bit, turn around, hear phone ring, and I'm chosen.

iU5tT7pS4TBTk.gif

congrats! okay gonna incorporate saying hi to the baby i guess

Did the watch the phone, turn around, walk toward the radio, hear baby giggle, go say hi to baby for a bit, turn around, hear phone ring, and I'm chosen. Best teaser I've ever played. Can't wait for Silent Hills!

That is EXACTLY what just happened with my ending. I watched the phone, got the first giggle, walked to the radio, got the second giggle, controller vibrated as I walked to the phone, got the third giggle and the phone rang.

How long did you watch the phone?

I watched it for a few minutes. I just put my controller down and didn't move a muscle. I was starting to close my eyes because I have been at this for hours and a loud baby giggle scared the shit out of me. So, I walked in a straight line towards the radio and turned to look at it and got the second giggle.

I watched it for a few minutes. I just put my controller down and didn't move a muscle. I was started to close my eyes because I have been at this for hours and a loud baby giggle scared the shit out of me. So, I walked in a straight line towards the radio and turned to look at it and got the second giggle.

Thanks man gonna give it a shot.

Dsyndrome

I watched the phone until the creepy music ended, the last half of the creepy music with me zooming in on it. The baby giggled once during that, then giggled again as I was getting near the radio.

Crillfingers

Neo Member
I watched it for a few minutes. I just put my controller down and didn't move a muscle. I was started to close my eyes because I have been at this for hours and a loud baby giggle scared the shit out of me. So, I walked in a straight line towards the radio and turned to look at it and got the second giggle.

Maybe that's the key? Wait to get the "2nd one" first, so that you have "the 10 step method in your back pocket as the next giggle.

IrishNinja

That is EXACTLY what just happened with my ending. I watched the phone, got the first giggle, walked to the radio, got the second giggle, controller vibrated as I walked to the phone, got the third giggle and the phone rang.

ku-xlarge.gif

this is how these posts make me feel after hours at this

c9Ups.gif

Chabbles

Well almost another 2 hours put into this game, and yeah the 10 step thing works every time. But how to get the second laugh ? where getting closer.

EL CUCO

After clock strikes 0:00 im getting a constant giggle after walking over and focusing on radio and X to gauge picture, then walking back to phone.

Not sure of that's "10 step" thingy.

Seik

Banned
Trying to figure things out on Lethal's stream.

Trying not to get possessed...it's the fifth time we saw her so far...

CUXf1Sa.png

EDIT: Six times now...what the hell.

Myafterhours

Neo Member
Wait wait wait. You can die in this game? I just had a monster grab me and knock me to the floor and I am at the start room again. Controller vibrated like crazy.

IrishNinja

man fuck this 2nd giggle, so so tired of waiting between stoopid ghost laughing/crying cycles with nothing happening...watch me miss the phone shit too

I think doing the 10 step thing after being possessed and turning 180 gets you killed.

Eek!

wait, have you died before though? that's kinda crucial, ive only been able to die once per playthrough

Jabba

Banned
Yep, we're making progress :)

Xaos still playing? Nvm got it. Ty tempest.

@Papercuts, you can die at anytime. You don't always die at boot up. I think you'll see her shadow on walls in front of you while walking down the hall. Then I think she kills you. So if you boot and see her shadows and not your own, chances are she'll kill you. Her shadows shake, like when you see her in the mirror then comes towards you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think doing the 10 step thing after being possessed and turning 180 gets you killed.

Eek!

She kills you again each time you boot it back up, if that's what happened. I am pretty sure you can't die afterwards regardless of what you do.

Krammy

I compiled the clues I found from this thread, I can read Japanese myself in case anyone gets those.
Others were google translated or grabbed from someone in this thread.

Can anyone translate these, they're the texts you get from the picture pieces.

Plant:
iblsxF9DkWlPw3.jpg

Beer Cans:
ibbIxMIaV6i1tx.jpg

Teddy Bear:
ibzfkDgngSb0GK.jpg

Scribbling:
i8JAxlligyV1X.jpg

Staircase:
iCQbJQEk809N5.jpg

Options Screen:
ibqn248bX7UVw6.jpg

SonnyBoy

Maybe I'm slow but I don't see this on PSN via my PS4. I went online and added to my cart via the store but my PS4 still hasn't downloaded it. What am I missing?

Superflat

Man this teaser looks so good. I hate playing it but I can't help but marvel at how great it looks.

But like a whole lot of games coming out for this gen, they take the chromatic aberration a little too far. It's only super prevalent in screenshots though, since I'm too busy being scared out of my wits while playing.

areal

Maybe I'm slow but I don't see this on PSN via my PS4. I went online and added to my cart via the store but my PS4 still hasn't downloaded it. What am I missing?
Stare at the phone until the baby giggles. Then take ten steps towards the radio and it should start downloading.

KalBalboa

Banned
Got to the point where the baby laughs, walking back in between the phone and radio. Had a ghost appear twice (ran at me once, hovered and didn't move the next).

Any ideas?

IrishNinja

Oh, one other detail I failed to mention that might be important. He'd start off the run in the room by quickly looking over the suspected objects before standing in front of the radio/just across from the Hell wall, during the first creepy music interval. After the music stopped, zoom on the hell wall and the radio. That's where he started his runs, so 10 steps back to the phone from there, to get his first laugh. Then 10 steps in either direction from the phone, to the clock area, back to the phone, back out into the hall, pausing between (10 steps) and not moving at all during creepy music time.

Pretty much. He did it the last two times by doing ten-step walks from the phone to the clock, back again, and from the phone to the hall with the bathroom door and back again, pausing between every walk and looking at some of what we believe are the keys in those areas. IIRC, on those attempts, he never went further than 10 steps away from the phone for his second laugh. On one of these two attempts, the phone didn't ring immediately after the second giggle, but he followed the same routine and got a third laugh, stood perfectly still, and the phone rang.

EDIT: He didn't seem to need to complete the picture puzzle, or die by the ghost, or be possessed. In fact, he seemed convinced to avoid the latter. He also never reset the room.

i'm really trying out some of this stuff, but i have a few questions:

1) what are the "objects of importance" to scan/zoom in on when walking the 10 step back-and-forth path?
2) stuff like the clock that can be seen before 10 steps finishes, do you just stop, zoom in & resume walking after or what?

AaronMT86

Got to the fast movement eyeball picture everywhere bit but couldn't figure out what to do for an hour so I just turned the PS4 off :/

vypek

He didn't seem to be too friendly. He kinda snapped at me when I tried to give a hint. He wasn't going about it in a systematic approach like the guy who came up with the ten-steps method was.

Sorry to hear he snapped at you. :/ Stepped away for a bit so I may have missed that. It seemed at one point he was getting upset cause people were being asses and saying he is stupid and that going through the door resets. But the thing was that he already completed it. That may have something to do with it. IDK. He is trying. But I might step away from the stream to eat something

Idk, he might be more receptive now since some viewers who were being annoying moved on after he got the trailer to play

Lucent

Well the whole wait at the phone until bell rings and music stops and then take 10 steps towards the radio always gets a baby giggle for me. Can't ever get another giggle though.

hemo memo

Ok two piece missing from the picture but that lady keeps coming everytime i restart.. then that talking bag in the first room then i get stuck.

Edit: Ok now only one left.

EL CUCO

Got to the fast movement eyeball picture everywhere bit but couldn't figure out what to do for an hour so I just turned the PS4 off :/

There's a little hole on the wall in one of the hallways that u peep thru. Just hold R3 throughout the sequence.

Vire

Okay, got the first baby giggle, afterwords, when you walk back and forth between the radio and phone the creepy music seems to be triggered.

I think it has something to do with the timing of when to walk with the music/or when it is stopped.

Just got
the glitchy screens and then the red screen with the "i'm heading there now" message repeated in different languages. Then woke up in the original room with flashlight.
Is that the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom