• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffyjaixx

From Dazexus, he stands by radio first, then after clock reaches midnight, he walks 10 steps towards the phone then stops, gets first giggle. Then second and third giggle happens when he stops and stands around for a few minutes either at the beginning of the loop or near radio/river painting/phone. The key is after second giggle, he still stands and waits until third giggle then the phone rings. The weird thing is he was singing Sandstorm by Darude the whole 3 times he beat it 3 in a row.

majik13

I'm still learning towards it is just random, maybe even to the point where each copy has different requirments/solutions.
So one player can consitently solve the puzzle one way, but that same solution doesnt work for another and never will.

Kojima just trolling, and side stepping the issue of people just looking up puzzles/guides/solutions online.

Unless this has been disproven, havent really been following it much today.

It would be an intresting way to extend the end game of a small demo and a nice social experiment and that guves it more exposure.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Sorry if this has already been covered - has anyone figured out if
finishing the picture by finding all the pieces does anything or changes anything
?

Mikey Jr.

I know everyone here is talking about how to beat it, but I just gotta say.

This game is one of the scariest, if not the scariest, games I have ever played.

Not only does it look realistic, but the audio. Fuck me. The audio is just....on another level.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I had a friend over tonight who is the biggest Silent Hill/survival horror fan I know and he had to take a break after 20 minutes :lol

From Dazexus, he stands by radio first, then after clock reaches midnight, he walks 10 steps towards the phone then stops, gets first giggle. Then second and third giggle happens when he stops and stands around for a few minutes either at the beginning of the loop or near radio/river painting/phone. The key is after second giggle, he still stands and waits until third giggle then the phone rings. The weird thing is he was singing Sandstorm by Darude the whole 3 times he beat it 3 in a row.

So after the first giggle, he let the music stop, walk back to the beginning(or one of the other 2 spots), wait then profits?

Sorry to hear he snapped at you. :/ Stepped away for a bit so I may have missed that. It seemed at one point he was getting upset cause people were being asses and saying he is stupid and that going through the door resets. But the thing was that he already completed it. That may have something to do with it. IDK. He is trying. But I might step away from the stream to eat something

Idk, he might be more receptive now since some viewers who were being annoying moved on after he got the trailer to play

Nah, this was before he completed it the first time. He kinda ran off that dazexus guy too, I think. He was getting frustrated.

EDIT: I'd highly recommend watching the last few dazexus runs. He seems to be the streamer who has gotten closest to being able to consistantly finish rather quickly. Also, he's very systematic. Even though I don't know if some of the things he's thinking about are actually important, there's a methodology at least, compared to just wandering around.

majik13

I know everyone here is talking about how to beat it, but I just gotta say.

This game is one of the scariest, if not the scariest, games I have ever played.

Not only does it look realistic, but the audio. Fuck me. The audio is just....on another level.

it is pretty scary and good atmosphere. But my vote still goes to ZombiU. Some of the best atmosphere and real consequence to dieing. Perma death and loss of all your weapons/ammo and gear.

Though Im comparing a full game to a teaser.

drotahorror

it is pretty scary and good atmosphere. But my vote still goes to ZombiU. Some of the best atmosphere and real consequence to dieing. Perma death and loss of all your weapons/ammo and gear.

Though Im comparing a full game to a teaser.

ZombiU is next on my list of games to beat. Got it for xmas but it looked bunk on my monitor, now I have wii u hooked up to a new tv and it looks great (limited rgb). I should play it. Like, right now.

Nah, apparently it's just Kojima's date of birth, got this on gameFAQS.
Kojima!
disapprove.gif

sn00zer

Really funny that the last puzzle was supposed to be very difficult and elaborate needed the translations of multiple languages, but a million monkeys banging on a million PS4 controllers got through it in half a day.

vypek

Nah, this was before he completed it the first time. He kinda ran off that dazexus guy too, I think. He was getting frustrated.

EDIT: I'd highly recommend watching the last few dazexus runs. He seems to be the streamer who has gotten closest to being able to consistantly finish rather quickly. Also, he's very systematic. Even though I don't know if some of the things he's thinking about are actually important, there's a methodology at least, compared to just wandering around.

Ah okay. I see.

Think Im gonna look up the dazexus runs tomorrow. That many completions must be a sign

Ok, so the one constant for me is the 10 steps around midnight bell (& end of freaky noises) to trigger the first baby laugh.
Happens EVERY time.

I just can't for the life of me figure out the trigger (if there is one) for the second. Tried many methods, no luck.

SonnyBoy

I can't finish it. I bitched out. My gf laughed at me...until she took the controller... It's a different experience watching it. We proceeded to cut all the lights on downstairs. LOL

I couldn't make it further than seven or ten minutes into the demo.

The atmosphere freaks me the shit out.

I can't stand first person. I'm just watching a gameplay walkthrough now instead.

cchum

is there translation of the red text that flashes when you focus on all the pictures?

Close enough:
I though I heard a phone, and fog dwindling awareness (babel fish translation), i didn't move anymore, waiting motionless,whispered his name.
"Then his index slides in my hand" It was a cold hand / They were cold hands My body was shivering. I waited for it to pass.

Just to recap, as of today we learned that:

- Counting 10 steps anywhere will get the first giggle. But only from the point of the first chime onwards.

What's still to figure out:

- What completing the 5 piece picture does.
- What the red, green, blue, yellow flashlight mean.
- Why Lisa constantly spawns and disappears(when the music is over).
- What the chimes and zero hour actually mean.
- How to get the second giggle.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

- Counting 10 steps anywhere will get the first giggle. But only from the point of the first chime onwards.

I'd like to know this myself.

cchum

Streamer just got baby giggles without moving after the bells.

This makes no sense. Different areas are triggering it and under different circumstances (usually motionless though).

It'll be crazy if it's just where you spot her or die during the first run, and you can't complete it unless you view/die more than once.

Edit: Wait I did spot her on the balcony and it triggered near the radio.

No, steps DONT matter. Just saw a streamer get the first giggle without moving at all.

Foffy

Banned
I appear to be stuck at the section with the clock and the giggles. Is this the final segment? I don't know what the hell to do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay, yeah, the 10 step thing is super legit.

So is backing up against the door that you loop through, and it making the swinging light be on. Which is weird. You also see it shut off when you do it again.

No, steps DONT matter. Just saw a streamer get the first giggle without moving at all.

You can get the first giggle in other ways, but the 10 steps always trigger it too.

EL CUCO

This first part is working for me. Need more details for other giggles :(

cchum

You are winners.

I am starting to believe in someone online having to do the puzzles as you stand there. The hello triggers the phone, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom