• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

this 10 paces thing does not work...

I restart the loop, I take like 3 steps, wait for midnight, and wait for silence, then I walk 10 paces to the phone, and I get one laugh, but I am not clear of the wall to get 10 exact steps to the river picture/radio... then no matter what I do I never get a 2nd or 3rd laugh..

Any Ideas?

Typomancer

Neo Member
My girlfriend and I were playing this, now it’s just her since I got fed up during the last puzzle.

We would get baby laugh after baby laugh, one time we got three, then I thought to check out GAF and now can’t reproduce two laughs any more.

But here’s something new I haven’t read about or seen. She was playing, I’m next to the TV on my computer, she’s at the radio and she hears a demon voice talking.

It wasn’t a part of the scary music/sounds. Some sort of demonic voice came from the radio apparently and I only caught the tail end of it since I was wearing my headphones playing Planetside 2.

Kaversmed

I restart the loop, I take like 3 steps, wait for midnight, and wait for silence, then I walk 10 paces to the phone, and I get one laugh, but I am not clear of the wall to get 10 exact steps to the river picture/radio... then no matter what I do I never get a 2nd or 3rd laugh..

Any Ideas?

The 10 step thing only works for the first laugh.. it's the second laugh that we can't figure out yet

vypek

Any Ideas?

Walk directly to the phone in 10 steps and then stay still to wait for midnight. After chime ends, walk towards radio/door in another 10 steps. Stop and listen for giggle.

Dont take the 3 steps and wait for midnight.

daveo42

Banned
I made it thought. Started seeing her at the end. Getting possessed got me the 2nd laugh, so that worked out pretty well. I think that is the fastest way to get #2, the first being looking at the "Hell" message and then heading directly to the phone.

The lady did do a number on me when I was dumb and looked back to see her ugly mug up in my grill, twisting my head off. God this game and how it tried to freak the shit out of me.

My girlfriend and I were playing this, now it’s just her since I got fed up during the last puzzle.

We would get baby laugh after baby laugh, one time we got three, then I thought to check out GAF and now can’t reproduce two laughs any more.

But here’s something new I haven’t read about or seen. She was playing, I’m next to the TV on my computer, she’s at the radio and she hears a demon voice talking.

It wasn’t a part of the scary music/sounds. Some sort of demonic voice came from the radio apparently and I only caught the tail end of it since I was wearing my headphones playing Planetside 2.

That voice randomly came out of nowhere for me as well. Scared the shit out of me.

I am in the part after the
fucking godammit girl killed me
, then everything went dark excep for the first light and a voice telling me to look behind me and after that I dunno what to do. go some photo pieces and weird noise from the bath again but cant trigger anything

Any advice? no? ok

Vire

Walk directly to the phone in 10 steps and then stay still to wait for midnight. After chime ends, walk towards radio/door in another 10 steps. Stop and listen for giggle.

You are saying walk from the front door to the phone in 10 steps? That doesn't seem to be possible?

aparisi2274

You can not make it from the door to the phone in 10 steps. .. Its at least 15 steps. I just walked 10 steps from the door and I am by a frame before the phone.

FrsDvl

So no one has a second laugh after the 10 steps? Maybe that's just not the way to go? People always seem to get all the laughs fairly quick after one other. I've had the one laugh many times, where after 15 minutes I give up and reset. And I've had the first laugh on the most random times, nothing 10 steps related. 10 steps does not seem to work for me regardless anyways. I can't believe we don't have a proper solution yet, this is crazy.

vypek

You are saying walk from the front door to the phone in 10 steps? That doesn't seem to be possible?

You can not make it from the door to the phone in 10 steps. .. Its at least 15 steps. I just walked 10 steps from the door and I am by a frame before the phone.

IDK. Sorry, I haven't played it but I have watched XaosWolf do what I described about 5 times with it working each time.Try just walking to the phone without counting steps and standing still until chimes are done and then walk down the next hallway next to the radio(on the way to the exit door) and then stop. Hope it works. Tell me if it doesnt.

Vire

IDK. Sorry, I haven't played it but I have watched XaosWolf do what I described about 5 times with it working each time.Try just walking to the phone without counting steps and standing still until chimes are done and then walk down the next hallway next to the radio(on the way to the exit door) and then stop. Hope it works. Tell me if it doesnt.

Will give it a go.

EDIT: I walked towards the phone at the start of the loop, ignoring steps. Waited until the chime finished ringing midnight, looked at the phone without taking a step, turned and took ten steps to the radio and got the first giggle. *shrug*

Jabba

Banned

I thought it was walk toward basement from phone after mysterious music after each loop. Triggering first giggle. It's what I did.

Xaos taking a break? Thank you for proxy chatting for me. :)
I have his feed again. Holyshit, where was he on that one?

vypek

Will give it a go.

EDIT: I walked towards the phone at the start of the loop, ignoring steps. Waited until the chime finished ringing midnight, looked at the phone without taking a step, turned and took ten steps to the radio and got the first giggle. *shrug*

Ah, so its not exactly 10 but the process seems to work then.

I thought it was walk toward basement from phone after mysterious music after each loop. Triggering first giggle. It's what I did.

Xaos taking a break? Thank you for proxy chatting for me.

Thats what it is. The radio is towards the basement/exit door. You'll be next to the radio when you walk towards the basement.

No problem about proxy chatting. He is still playing. The stream is going for me at least.

EDIT:
Xaos completed for a fifth time now.

aparisi2274

I get the first giggle no matter if I walk into the hallway, take 3 steps wait till midnight and no ghost, then walk to phone... or if I do it your way...

I just can not get the kid to giggle any more after that.

Seik

Banned
ku-xlarge.gif

this is how these posts make me feel after hours at this

c9Ups.gif

LOL

Xaos just finished a run.

HE JUST STAYED IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING PHONE...then baby laugh, TWICE! D:

vypek

Yeah, the first giggle part works every time. It's after that... :(

Yep. At least we are all working on how to get the 2nd giggle which seems to be the only missing link. After the second call we know to wait for vibration then go to the phone and get the last giggle and call

I get the first giggle no matter if I walk into the hallway, take 3 steps wait till midnight and no ghost, then walk to phone... or if I do it your way...

I just can not get the kid to giggle any more after that.

That seems to be the big mystery for everyone. At least we are getting closer by having one giggle all the time

IrishNinja

maaann...those of you who've watched streams/solved this game a few times, what are the "objects of importance" to look for when walking back & forth from the phone to the radio (or the clock hallway)? and again, should i just pan to them or stop & zoom? cause walking around seems to be doing dick

also, props to bishopcruz for this one: if the final looping hall is dark, walk backwards down the steps to the exit/reset room so that your back bumps it, then turn around & the door will open automatically...and the light from the swinging chandelier (by the front door) will now be on. not sure how this affects things, but at least it's less dark!

LOL

Xaos just finished a run.

HE JUST STAYED IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING PHONE...then baby laugh, TWICE! D:

that's it? like no walking, just looking at it?
FUCK EVERYTHING

Seik

Banned
Okay, so the clock struck midnight, and he just stayed in front of the phone? Zoomed in with R3?

Nope, he was wandering around a bit, then he stayed in front of the phone for like 10 seconds, one laugh, 10 more seconds, boom second laugh...then third laugh and phone rings...

What the hell....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
maaann...those of you who've watched streams/solved this game a few times, what are the "objects of importance" to look for when walking back & forth from the phone to the radio (or the clock hallway)? and again, should i just pan to them or stop & zoom? cause walking around seems to be doing dick

also, props to bishopcruz for this one: if the final looping hall is dark, walk backwards down the steps to the exit/reset room so that your back bumps it, then turn around & the door will open automatically...and the light from the swinging chandelier (by the front door) will now be on. not sure how this affects things, but at least it's less dark!

I am stuck in the "I cannot beat this and i want to die" camp, but the objects of importance seem to be the hell message on the wall, the radio, the baby in the sink, the phone, and the clock.

I really hope they just explain it soon. I can't see this being a solution I'll read, slap my head, and say "of course" because it currently makes no sense that we can actually watch streams of people beating it and be unable to replicate it. I can't think of a single damn thing that links all the plays together.

Vire

Nope, he was wandering around a bit, then he stayed in front of the phone for like 10 seconds, one laugh, 10 more seconds, boom second laugh...then third laugh and phone rings...

What the hell....

lol KOJIMMMMMAAAA *shakes fist*

The bit at the beginning, asking if you're sure the only you is you. Could that point to an online component, could it pair you up with another player and it only trigger if both of you are in the same area standing still? Could the giggles signify you being in the same space?

virtualS

The atmosphere... damn. I've never experienced interactive creepiness like this. Amazing visuals and sound. I love the fact that it's intentionally cryptic.

Chabbles

that's it? like no walking, just looking at it?
FUCK EVERYTHING

I watched this guy walk through it in ten minutes tonight, then when i went to try spending 2 hours that guy cleared the game another few times back to back. So watch some of his archived footage from tonight and you might pick up afew clues.
http://www.twitch.tv/dazexus/profile/past_broadcasts

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did everyone who beat it have different lighting conditions? Or just the super dark room?

People have beat it with different colored flashlights but it isn't a requirement. So basically one more thing that doesn't really make sense, lol.

IrishNinja

I am stuck in the "I cannot beat this and i want to die" camp, but the objects of importance seem to be the hell message on the wall, the radio, the baby in the sink, the phone, and the clock.

I really hope they just explain it soon. I can't see this being a solution I'll read, slap my head, and say "of course" because it currently makes no sense that we can actually watch streams of people beating it and be unable to replicate it. I can't think of a single damn thing that links all the plays together.

yeah this is me right now

I watched this guy walk through it in ten minutes tonight, then when i went to try spending 2 hours that guy cleared the game another few times back to back. So watch some of his archived footage from tonight and you might pick up afew clues.
http://www.twitch.tv/dazexus/profile/past_broadcasts

geez now i'm pulled back in ugh

KalBalboa

Banned
Just got a glass of water thrown all over me when my girlfriend and I were playing and the ghost ran at us. She and I freaked out and her glass went flying up.

cchum

The bit at the beginning, asking if you're sure the only you is you. Could that point to an online component, could it pair you up with another player and it only trigger if both of you are in the same area standing still?

I'm pretty sure this is something we need if we ever hope to find the real solution to this. Kojima himself said that the idea was for people of different languages to come and put their heads together.

Quote from Kojima: "I personally expected this to take at least a week to be solved, and i was really surprised it was less than half a day," he said. "I wanted people to get together, cooperate," he added, noting that "there are cryptic messages in different languages."

Hmmmm....ok everyone go stand by the phone. A cool possibility would be the ghost randomized by player location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom