• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i just finished the first part
where the bug screen appears. Ive had the red screen, then a gray screen.
now im at the point where im looping around the house
and see differebt colors. The clock ticks till 12. And nothing else. Theres a voic3 ecery now and then
wtf do I do?

Holyyy shit that biiiitch!
bitch was standing in the hallway!!!

Albert12851

Neo Member
Never mind It DOES work! I basically stood still next to the radio then after the first chime I counted my steps to the phone and got it!

aparisi2274

I gave up...

I walked around for 3hrs trying to get this kid to giggle and nothing aside from the first..

Then I took a different approach and I searched for the ghost lady by following her crying... one time she was in the bathroom mirror, the other time at the start of the hallway, then by the front door, then outside... each time I just pressed R3 on her until she disappeared.. and even then, nothing happened!

Spoo

Just finished it. Actual steps were: let ghost catch me, then walk to middle of hallway between exit and phone, pause game, giggle, walk to phone, second giggle and controller vibration, then looked at phone. Boom.

But I bet it's just random bullshit lol

edit: Took 10 minutes.

EL CUCO

I gave up...

I walked around for 3hrs trying to get this kid to giggle and nothing aside from the first..

Then I took a different approach and I searched for the ghost lady by following her crying... one time she was in the bathroom mirror, the other time at the start of the hallway, then by the front door, then outside... each time I just pressed R3 on her until she disappeared.. and even then, nothing happened!

You are brave. I don't even look at the screen directly while I'm walking...and I've been going at this for about 9 hrs now lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just finished it. Actual steps were: let ghost catch me, then walk to middle of hallway between exit and phone, pause game, giggle, walk to phone, second giggle and controller vibration, then looked at phone. Boom.

The little bastard

Jawmuncher

Sad that I gave up earlier on. But once I got to the red lit hallway loop and wasn't getting anything new I just had to give up. I was even scared anymore just annoyed I couldn't find what to do yet.

Miggytronz

GTFO

Manu

I hate you.

drotahorror

Has anyone translated the backwards talk someone says every now and then? I had it do the backwards voice twice in a row within 30 seconds earlier. I'm pretty sure it said to 'kill'em all' but I decided not to tonite. (im jk!)

Also, this is one of very few things in the past decade and a half that have made me jump. It's very hard to make me jump, even through a bajillion jump scares in different movies, it's so rare. Hell, an action movie with something crazy loud is more liable to startle me than some horror shit. But this game haha, has made me jump and tense up probably a dozen times. Bravo Konami and GDT (what I'll call Mr del Toro from now on).

Alrighty guys! This is how I got it:

I went up to the Alarm clock (looked at it), then I looked at the phone, then the radio, and then the writing above the door about Monsters inside of me, then I ran to the corner by the front door. I waited for the 1st baby laugh without moving at all. After ALL of the noises stopped I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror and the baby fetus. The noises happened again and I stopped dead in my tracks. The baby laughed then the baby laughed AGAIN (all heard without moving a muscle). The controller started to vibrate and after that the phone rang (still not moving). Then I walked to the phone and looked at it (R3). It said, you have been chosen or whatever. Then I waited a little bit and went back into the Loop door. The screen went black, and it happened. Thankfully I was streaming so it was archived:

www.twitch.tv/theworthyedge

I don't know if what I said exactly happened because I was too caught in the moment but my twitch stream should show you how I really did it.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

e: sorry ZR0!

Spoo

I hate you.

Lol, hey, at least I bothered to post the steps. I honestly think this whole thing is just random chance, for the most part. If you don't get giggles near midnight, just cycle. If you do, try doing those steps for second giggle. If no second giggle, but ghost, let the ghost catch you, cycle. Wash rinse repeat.

My friend has finished this too and his "method" was completely different fwiw.

gibration

This is exactly what Som and I did. He posted this a while ago too.

Anyone finally finished it after trying a long time or was it fairly quick for everyone who got it?

As in:

Kojima: "haha, you been at it for 6 hours dude, no way you're chosen sucker!

XaosWolf

Almost 6 hours later, Gots to give up for the night.
Everything has been highlighted and archived. First 2 runs are really quick, so might provide some insight.

I got screens of pretty much all the sudden screen text from the puzzle pieces, but only had the Black and White error screens.

The first Giggle is easily replicable, but we don't understand WHY it is after that.
It is certainly not based on a specific location, or looking at a certain thing.
And it only works by walking FORWARD.

The second giggle is the bane of everyones existance. This may not be one we can brute force like the first, and even if we did, we still wouldn't understand why it worked.

So for the second giggle, it's on to some more mental investigations.

I'll have to leave it in your hands for the night, P.T GAF.
Thanks to Tempest, Jabba, Trainerkaiser, rekof and everyone else who joined in on the stream. Very much appreciated! =D

what did she do to trigger
?

Kept looping over and over for some reason, when the bells were ringing. Then waited by the clock until the bell rang, walked around and looped a few times again. The phone started ringing and she started at the phone. That was it. She really had no idea what she was doing. She didn't stare at any radio or picture.

I finally beat it. I played this way more than I'd like to admit, and strangely enough, I never got the 2nd baby giggle ever until I decided to stream it.

The first thing I figured out before I started streaming was that I could make the 1st giggle happen on cue. I thought it was when I did a few things and then walked right to the phone, but after reading here it looks like it's the 10 step trick:

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901308

Then, while streaming, I got the 2nd giggle for the first time ever, only to lose the fucking thing:

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901201

I think it was because I moved, but I'm not sure. It was like the vibration in the controller just faded away.

I kept trying though, and right when I was about to quit, I got the 2nd one again. Also, watch me freak out about walking through the door and looping again after getting the phone call :)

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901255

Flarin

I've been fucking around with the final loop again tonight and without fail if you wait for the bells to strike midnight while waiting at the phone then walk to the radio and look at it you get a giggle. Did it about 5 times in a row. Not sure what the next step would be :/

Kept looping over and over for some reason, when the bells were ringing. Then waited by the clock until the bell rang, walked around and looped a few times again. The phone started ringing and she started at the phone. That was it. She really had no idea what she was doing. She didn't stare at any radio or picture.

Oh whatever...

Foffy

Banned
Woah, what the fuck? I was cleaning my right analog stick (I was eating chips) as I paused the game. I think I clicked it and the screen zoomed in on the brightness, some little gopher thing came up, and when I resumed the game, there were words on the screen.

This is a very strange demo.

EDIT:
Was it a part of the ripped picture? It looks to be the same shape..why'd I think it looked like a gopher?!

cchum

Woah, what the fuck? I was cleaning my right analog stick (I was eating chips) as I paused the game. I think I clicked it and the screen zoomed in on the brightness, some little gopher thing came up, and when I resumed the game, there were words on the screen.

lol thats a piece of the torn picture

Guys, we found out how this one was first discovered! Food eating gamers! Thanks chips/cheetos/peanuts!

FrsDvl

So Wtf. I decide to let my girlfriend play it give her a few scares. She didn't encounter a single Ghost except for the one by the bathroom door and the one on the second floor when the window falls out. I give her some directions on what to do. She gets baby giggles the first time around. Phone rings and she finished it in under an hour? She did everything I tried doing all the time . I do not understand this game one bit.

For the love of all that is holy..please let me beat this thing once

I don't understand why they made this ending this convoluted when the rest of the teaser had set things to do in a specific way/order. The complete randomness is out of place.

cchum

So Wtf. I decide to let my girlfriend play it give her a few scares. She didn't encounter a single Ghost except for the one by the bathroom door and the one on the second floor when the window falls out. I give her some directions on what to do. She gets baby giggles the first time around. Phone rings and she finished it in under an hour? She did everything I tried doing all the time . I do not understand this game one bit.

Maybe the game tracks something we're missing? How many times did she die? How long did she play?

Just to recap, as of today we learned that:

- Counting 10 steps anywhere will get the first giggle. But only from the point of the first chime onwards.

What's still to figure out:

- What completing the 5 piece picture does.
- What the red, green, blue, yellow flashlight mean.
- Why Lisa constantly spawns and disappears(when the music is over).
- What the chimes and zero hour actually mean.
- How to get the second giggle.

Lisa spawns until she possess you, that is all. She does it every minute or so until she does.

The zero hour just starts the hauntings.

FrsDvl

Maybe the game tracks something we're missing? How many times did she die? How long did she play?

She didn't die once, like I said she had no Ghost encounters at all. She played for 45 minutes to an hour maybe. Got her to get all the picture pieces etc. Done all the obvious stuff.

xion4360

my friends and my game were in an endless hallway that you run through and all of the pictures have moving eyeballs and lips.. wtf

Cudder

Here's my video from me beating it a second time. It starts from the moment you enter the final loop/section.

It took all of the 15 mins of recording time from the PS4. Watch it all if you want! A lot of the middle section of the video after the first giggle is me just redoing the steps until the end of the video when I get the 2nd/3rd giggle.

Also, sorry if you find the commentary annoying. I was convinced that the game picked up on audio from the player through the headset or camera, so I just talk to make noise to see if it does anything, lol.

Damaniel

Banned
Considering Kojima's involved, I wouldn't be surprised if the event was triggered by something as obscure as controller charge level. Let's let our controllers run all the way down and try it that way... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom