• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 46, 2014

Dragon Age definitely did also. I admit I didn't really pay as close attention to the second game's sales, but I can definitely remember Origins being particularly heavily skewed towards 360 when it first came out.

Though I can vaguely recall there was some fuck up with the initial PS3 release or something... maybe that could have been a factor there, I dunno... Inquisition is definitely the first time a Bioware title on consoles hasn't seen the Xbox version come out on top.

DA has never been associated with Xbox in the same way ME is.

As for Origins selling better on 360, that's usually what happens when one console has a substantial lead over the other.

We are all blaming the XBone exclusives for the hard falls on the sales charts while PS4 has.... zero exclusive titles in the top 40. Now that's ironic :)

Should be ignore how heavily MS marketed both Horizon 2 and Sunset? Not to mention Halo being, well, Halo?

The drops are surprising in that they continue to slide down the charts regardless of how much marketing muscle MS puts behind them.

Percy

Banned
DA has never been associated with Xbox in the same way ME is.

As for Origins selling better on 360, that's usually what happens when one console has a substantial lead over the other.

I'm aware of all the potential reasons for this being the case of course... I just found it noteworthy that it's the latest case of a classically Xbox leaning series/developer not only leaning the other way, but that the sales gap seemingly isn't even close in this instance as it was for the likes of CoD or Assassin's Creed recently.

It's interesting to observe the shift.

Dragon Age Origins

Xbox 360 (59%)
PC (41%)

Note: The PS3 version was released 2 weeks later.

Ah, I knew there was some shit with the PS3 version's release, but delayed out of the gate? That'll have crippled sales for it badly I'm guessing.

Holy at that DA2 split though. Haha. PS3 version was royally curbstomped there.

Dragon Age Origins

Xbox 360 (59%)
PC (41%)

Note: The PS3 version was released 2 weeks later.

Dragon Age II

Xbox 360 (57%)
PlayStation 3 (22%)
PC (21%)

Dragon Age: Inquisition

PlayStation 4 (43%)
Xbox One (30%)

Xbox 360 (12%)
PC (9%)
PlayStation 3 (6%)

Inquisition split is slightly wider than I thought it would be. Can't make for happy reading at MS...

Something I didn't take into account, what's the potential impact on X1 retail sales from EA Access?

6 hour trial + discount seems like it might sway a few people in that direction.

I'm aware of all the potential reasons for this being the case of course... I just found it noteworthy that it's the latest case of a classically Xbox leaning series/developer not only leaning the other way, but that the sales gap seemingly isn't even close in this instance as it was for the likes of CoD or Assassin's Creed recently.

It's interesting to observe the shift.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I'd agree that's interesting to take note of. ME will be the next test, I expect that will be closer, but probably not by much.

yep this most likely the case.

We're still four weeks away from Christmas, I expect some truly crazy bundles to pop up in that time and let's not forget the post Christmas sales...

Things should normalise early/mid January for a few weeks and then it all starts again...

Xando

Inquisition split is slightly wider than I thought it would be. Can't make for happy reading at MS...

Something I didn't take into account, what's the potential impact on X1 retail sales from EA Access?

6 hour trial + discount seems like it might sway a few people in that direction.

Most estimates we got are 20-25% of all games sold are digital.
I guess on console only it might be lower atleast in europe due to higher prices.

That is actually a good point. Its hard to know how this effects retail. In the UK digital console games are quite a bit more expensive than retail.

if theres one thing I hope the ps4 leading sales does is stop MS doing these bullshit timed dlc deals, they do nothing for gamers and are just detrimental. Hopefully then has a knock on effect and Sony stops doing it too.

Kyoufu

if theres one thing I hope the ps4 leading sales does is stop MS doing these bullshit timed dlc deals, they do nothing for gamers and are just detrimrntal

That won't stop any time soon. Both of them will continue this practice for years and years, regardless of who leads sales.

p3tran

Banned
Bioware games have been associated with the Microsoft console since the first XBox, so it's a pretty big difference. Is the game part of the EA digital program?

yes, play the game 6 hours for free, then offer to buy the game through ea access, keeping your progress and saving 10% on the price.

Top Bottom