• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 46, 2014

Three to ten in a week for MCC pretty much suggests a collapse in sales.

Normally such a drop might not be anything to worry about, but with this being Halo, you'd expect it to be able to hold strong in the face of competition.

If you have been paying attention to X1 deals over the past week, you will have noticed that nobody is really giving it away in bundles anymore.

This was bound to happen, lets not forget the game has been in X1 bundles since early September.

I wouldnt say sales have collapsed, but the bundling made the sales much more front loaded than they would of been otherwise.

The issues with the matchmaking are not going to help it going forward, however. Even if they fix it this week, its been long enough that in the UK at least, its no longer an impluse buy.

noobie

Banned
If you have been paying attention to X1 deals over the past week, you will have noticed that nobody is really giving it away in bundles anymore.

This was bound to happen, lets not forget the game has been in X1 bundles since early September.

I wouldnt say sales have collapsed, but the bundling made the sales much more front loaded than they would of been otherwise.

The issues with the matchmaking are not going to help it going forward, however.

bundle sales are not counted in the numbers.? If they are counted then i think it should have been at the top in its launch week.

Xater

Collapsing sales like this suggest it only sold to the installed base and that's pretty much it. Not surprised myself because it still is just a re-release and I also don't think Halo is that big of a deal anymore.

CozMick

Banned
Collapsing sales like this suggest it only sold to the installed base and that's pretty much it. Not surprised myself because it still is just a re-release and I also don't think Halo is that big of a deal anymore.

I think youve hit the nail on the head

around £13

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. Might pop in on my way home.

The issues with the matchmaking are not going to help it going forward, however. Even if they fix it this week, its been long enough that in the UK at least, its no longer an impluse buy.

That's a good point, seems it's been replaced by GTA5 in most bundles.

Still, it's Halo, you normally expect to see it hold relatively strong in sales, the collapse suggests that perhaps the IP isn't as strong or as appealing as it once used to be.

Although I suppose you could argue it's only a collection and we won't know anything definitively until Halo 5, but it doesn't look good.

Quentyn

This week sees the return of Rockstar and Take 2 to No1 thanks to the Gen 8 Tuesday release of ‘GTA V’.

Even before this week the 360/PS3 versions of this game held the record for highest-grossing game in a week (£94m total UK estimate – week 38, 2013) and also the all-time UK revenue record, reached after just 28 weeks to overtake ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’. In terms of all time units ‘GTA V’ was right behind ‘Black Ops’, so much so that just the Tuesday sales of ‘GTA V’ on PS4/XO were enough to also claim the all-time unit sales record in the UK.

The other big event launch from Tuesday was Ubisoft’s multi-format ‘Far Cry 4’, the first in the series to launch outside of the traditional Friday launch day. The original ‘Far Cry’ launched as a PC-only game in 2004 and the series has been growing in sales success with each iteration, with ‘Far Cry 2’ launched in 2008 (360/PS3/PC) and ‘Far Cry 3’ arriving in 2012 (360/PS3/PC). ‘Far Cry 4’ is by far the most successful in terms of week1 sales, which bodes well for the Q4 sales season. Activision’s ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ (-41%) drops to No3 after 2 weeks at the top, followed at No4 by non-mover ‘FIFA 15’ from EA (+25%). There are more big new releases this week with a debut at No5 for EA’s ‘Dragon Age: Inquisition’, selling almost exactly the same in week 1 as 2011’s ‘Dragon Age II’.

2K/Take 2 climb 13 places to No7 thanks to the new Gen 8 versions of ‘WWE 2K15’ (+554%) and Warner climb 12 places to No11 thanks to the new Gen 7 versions of ‘Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor’ (+204%).

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2002&s=1111

Individual charts

game is just too popular to be confined to a mere 100 percent for ratios.

Hehehehe.

Honest mistake. I originally thought it might be 60/40, but then figured it's probably even more slated in the PS4's favour.

Hopefully we get the splits soon, it's been just as heavily bundled on the X1 as it has on the PS4.

Hasney

Both 2k15's out of the top 10, good.

As expected at the top, PS4 leading XB1 on each, but there's a big gap on Dragon Age. Wonder what caused that one.

Quentyn

Seems like a big difference between the PS4 version and the Xbox One version of Dragon Age. Also Sonic Boom completely tanked, only 3th on the Wii U and 10th on the 3DS chart.

Damn, fourteen place drop for MCC in a week.

The gap between DA is rather strange. Game was primarily marketed on X1 if I'm not mistaken.

Sunset is officially on its way out of the charts. Can't see it surviving another week. Shame.

noobie

Banned
Both 2k15's out of the top 10, good.

As expected at the top, PS4 leading XB1 on each, but there's a big gap on Dragon Age. Wonder what caused that one.

FIFA and COD both higher on XB1.
also XB1 has 10 titles in individual chart vs 9 for PS4

Hasney

Sunset is officially on its way out of the charts. Can't see it surviving another week. Shame.

That's the thing, I doubt we'll see if the 24 hours free has any impact or not, since it's probably easier at that point to just give MS your money there and then to get the full version.
FIFA and COD both higher on XB1.
also XB1 has 10 titles in individual chart vs 9 for PS4

Sorry, should have clarified. Was talking about the new releases.

Xater

Damn, fourteen place drop for MCC in a week.

The gap between DA is rather strange. Game was primarily marketed on X1 if I'm not mistaken.

Sunset sold to the rather large Xbone base in the UK compared to the rest of Europe. It was never going to be a big deal. The game is too whacky for that.

noobie

Banned
Pretty safe bet that ps4 is back in top in the weekly sales race then.

how u r so sure when
when XB1 has 10 titles in individual chart vs 9 for PS4

and FIFA and COD both higher on XB1.

If u get more new customer joining ur platform i expect old games to rise and also u should be getting more titles in top 10. Just my humble opinion

That's the thing, I doubt we'll see if the 24 hours free has any impact or not, since it's probably easier at that point to just give MS your money there and then to get the full version.

That's true. Still, that's only ever so slightly cheaper than retail, so I'd still expect retail sales to be relatively strong.

Sunset sold to the rather large Xbone base in the UK compared to the rest of Europe. It was never going to be a big deal. The game is too whacky for that.

That's a fair point, was still hoping to see it do better than it has. Easily one of the best games I've played this year. Makes me sad to see it not reflect that in sales.

Looks like XB1 marketing deals don't really pay off for MS unless its Fifa or COD.

Difference between DA is almost the same as TEW. It's really strange...

Lucreto

Also DA:I PS4 on 5 and XB1 on 14? Doesn't it have MS exclusive marketing?

It does but I was expecting a big gap. Amazon bestsellers had the PS4 version constantly outselling the Xbox version for weeks. It was like PS4 version was in the top 10 while the Xbox was in the #25.

Xando

how u r so sure when

If u get more new customer joining ur platform i expect old games to rise and also u should be getting more titles in top 10. Just my humble opinion

2 new releases with big marketing from Sony + PS4 bundles pretty much guarantees PS4 selling more this week.

It does but I was expecting a big gap. Amazon bestsellers had the PS4 version constantly outselling the Xbox version for weeks. It was like PS4 version was in the top 10 while the Xbox was in the #25.
Thats strange, maybe current XB1 install base is more "casually" getting their Fifa and COD every year while PS4 install base (obviously bigger) has more "hardcore" gamers buying more RPGs and other not so popular genres.

bigol

Italy November 9th to 16th week

Assassin's Creed Unity PS4 Ubisoft
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 PS3 Konami
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 PS4 Konami
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare PS4 Activision Blizzard
Assassin's Creed Unity Collector's Edition PS4 Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed Rouge PS3 Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed Unity XBox One Ubisoft
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare PS3 Activision Blizzard
Halo the Masterchief Collection XBox One Microsoft
Fifa 15 PS3 Electronic Arts

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

how u r so sure when

Or those games are so heavily bundled with the console that it gives an impression the X1 is selling better than it really is?

Basically, if every X1 you buy comes with COD or FIFA and every PS4 you buy doesn't, how can you realistically use that as a basis for one console selling better?

PS4 is the best platform for waifus. :p

Hehehe.

Seriously though, I wonder why those games specifically have such a wide difference in sales. TEW picked up slightly after a couple of weeks on X1 (I think that was mainly thanks to bundling), but it's really strange how other games are pretty close and then you have such a wide gap for the most random of games...

dolemite

We are all blaming the XBone exclusives for the hard falls on the sales charts while PS4 has.... zero exclusive titles in the top 40. Now that's ironic :)

Top Bottom