• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peggle 2 coming to Ps4

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
lPcYVST.gif

2399493-3356286996-ibiKJ.gif

You tried to salvage your argument after I posted indisputable proof that they were mincing their words on exclusivity, but then you clearly continued with your BS and refused to acknowledge by the OPs own guidelines it wouldn't fit, insisting it's an XBO exclusive.

You lost. Deal.with.it. :)

Yes, I insisted it was an Xbox exclusive until announced for other platforms. Today it's been announced for other platforms. So as I said to you in that thread, and tried carefully to explain to you very slowly, as of the moment we were having that conversation, the game was an Xbox exclusive.

I'm sincerely sorry that conversation still has you shook.

Amir0x

Banned
I didn't realize I was insulting people by giving my opinion of the game. I'm sure the peggle 2 team worked hard on it, but I'm entitled to share my thoughts on it, even if I didn't like it.

Sorry bro, you're not allowed to make up bullshit because you don't like something.

This is an opinion:

"I don't like Peggle 2, it wasn't really that addicting and I found its gameplay elements wanting for X, Y and Z reasons."

This is not an opinion:

"Peggle 2 is not a console game LOL because I said so"

BrusierBear said:
Yes, I insisted it was an Xbox exclusive until announced for other platforms. Today it's been announced for other platforms. So as I said to you in that thread, and tried carefully to explain to you very slowly, as of the moment we were having that conversation, the game was an Xbox exclusive.

I'm sincerely sorry that conversation still has you shook.

Bruiser I'm sorry you still have failed to recognize by the OPs own words - he came on the last page and confirmed once again you were wrong - that the game didn't apply. And your attempt to run Microsoft's fake advertising arm by pretending Peggle 2 was exclusive was pretty sad. You only begrudgingly acknowledged it'd "probably" come to other platforms after I showed indisputable evidence of the producer's mincing of the words on the game.

It's cool though bro. I didn't expect you to actually admit to anything. I'll just sip my drink and smile knowingly :)

It was completely inevitable. The game doesn't seem to have been a huge success on Xbone (judging purely by buzz); do we have any idea at all how well it sold?

Sorry bro, you're not allowed to make up bullshit because you don't like something.

This is an opinion:

"I don't like Peggle 2, it wasn't really that addicting and I found its gameplay elements wanting for X, Y and Z reasons."

This is not an opinion:

That'

Are you okay? I'm serious. You've been really amped recently. The intensity of your reactions seem to far outweigh the tone of the conversation at hand.

Amir0x

Banned
Are you okay? I'm serious. You've been really amped recently. The intensity of your reactions seem to far outweigh the tone of the conversation at hand.

did you think being condescending after proving you wrong was going to get a rise out of me or some shit? lol

I'm on cloud nine bro.

weeeeezy

Banned

This is an opinion:

This is not an opinion:

Please don't misquote me and make me sound like that. The below is what I really said and there isn't really anything wrong with it. You don't have to agree with me, but don't make it sound like I'm a stupid fanboy.

Some GAFers hyped this game up like crazy so I bought it. I played it 3 times and never touched it again. It's okay, maybe on the phone but it's not a console game tbh.

Amir0x

Banned
Please don't misquote me and make me sound like that. The below is what I really said and there isn't really anything wrong with it. You don't have to agree with me, but don't make it sound like I'm a stupid fanboy.

Um, do you read your own post?

weeeeezy said:
It's okay, maybe on the phone but it's not a console game tbh.

You make yourself look irrational. It has nothing to do with being a "fanboy", just with being irrational.

weeeeezy

Banned

You make yourself look irrational. It has nothing to do with being a "fanboy", just with being irrational.

How am I being irrational? It's my opinion that it's not really a console game. If you don't agree with it then thats fine.

Amir0x

Banned
How am I being irrational? It's my opinion that it's not really a console game. If you don't agree with it then thats fine.

That's not an opinion. You don't get to redefine what a console game is. That's like saying the sun is cold. You can say the sun is cold, but that doesn't change the fact that the sun is actually hot.

Similarly, you can claim it's your "opinion" that it's not a console game, but it factually is, since it's a game that is on a console. That debuted on a console, no less.

Unless you can clarify specifically within the classical definition of the phrase "console game" why Peggle 2 would be excluded, it's just blathering nonsense. You're on NeoGAF. This is a discussion forum. You're going to get push back against such statements. Sorry if you don't appreciate that.

VanWinkle

I'll have to check it out on my XB1 and see how I like it. I downloaded it with my one-month sub to EA Access. If I really like it maybe I'll buy it on PS4.

Late port releasing in a packed month does not bode well really.

Peggle 2 is sufficiently different from anything else coming out for the system that I see no reason why it won't find some traction. 10 million PS4 users out there and there's no market for this game?

onQ123

Hey BruiserBear. Remember this topic where you argued with me for a bunch of posts that Peggle 2 was actually an Xbox One exclusive because it hadn't been announced elsewhere for seven months and therefore since it wasn't available anywhere else it's misguiding to try to claim it's coming to PS4?

Hey, maybe some of us on neoGAF do know what we're talking about, eh?

Good times, good times.

Only 4 days ago lol.

Bruiser I'm sorry you still have failed to recognize by the OPs own words - he came on the last page and confirmed once again you were wrong - that the game didn't apply. And your attempt to run Microsoft's fake advertising arm by pretending Peggle 2 was exclusive was pretty sad. You only begrudgingly acknowledged it'd "probably" come to other platforms after I showed indisputable evidence of the producer's mincing of the words on the game.

It's cool though bro. I didn't expect you to actually admit to anything. I'll just sip my drink and smile knowingly :)

begrudgingly and probably?

The very first reply to you in that thread I said "Peggle 2 hasn't been announced for any other platforms yet."

Then, soon after I said "Yes, at some point I'm sure we'll see it show up elsewhere, but they haven't even said it's happening yet, let alone given a date"

For the second time on this page you've been caught misrepresenting someone else's words. You say I said "probably", when in fact I said "I'm sure". I never once attempted to say a PS4 version was not coming. I only said it hadn't happened yet, which was 100% true.

weeeeezy

Banned
What is it then?

I'm really trying to be happy about playing more peggle but this thread is dragging me downnnnnn down down...

It would be fine just as a mobile game for me, for some reason this type of puzzle game just didn't do it for me on a console. Like something that passes the time while I'm on the train. Maybe I'm looking for something with more depth, or maybe a different type of puzzle game would allure me more. You might enjoy it more then me though, so give it a shot if you'd like.

It would be fine just as a mobile game for me, for some reason this type of puzzle game just didn't do it for me on a console. Like something that passes the time while I'm on the train. Maybe I'm looking for something with more depth, or maybe a different type of puzzle game would allure me more. You might enjoy it more then me though, so give it a shot if you'd like.

What did you think of the first peggle?

So is there microtransactions in it or something?

Well, Plague Inc.

Oh yeah! I didn't know why that didn't register. I just thought it'd be set in the plague times in london or something.

Amir0x

Banned
Plague? There's a game called Plague?

Yup. It's good too. Incidentally, if it was released on XBO and PS4, also would be a console game.

begrudgingly and probably?

The very first reply to you in that thread I said "Peggle 2 hasn't been announced for any other platforms yet."

Then, soon after I said "Yes, at some point I'm sure we'll see it show up elsewhere, but they haven't even said it's happening yet, let alone given a date"

For the second time on this page you've been caught misrepresenting someone else's words. You say I said "probably", when in fact I said "I'm sure". I never once attempted to say a PS4 version was not coming. I only said it hadn't happened yet, which was 100% true.

So then your entire nonsense through the topic wherein the OP himself repeatedly confirms Peggle 2 doesn't count and you keep pretending Peggle 2 is an exclusive was an elaborate act? as I said, you made that one tacit acknowledgment only after I kept forcing the facts into your face. Then in the next page you continued the bs about it being an XBO exclusive since it's not announced anywhere else, despite the OPs own rules against such nonsense. You were playing Microsoft's misleading advertising game. It's ok to admit it.

In any event, I'm just glad to be right. You're going to keep trying to wiggle out of this, and I expected no different. But we're just derailing this topic now.

weeeeezy

Banned
What did you think of the first peggle?

So is there microtransactions in it or something?

I didn't get a chance to play the first peggle. I learned of Peggle 2 from GAF. Since it had such high praise here I decided to try it out but I just didn't enjoy it.

I agree with you, it's a phone game. Like Fruit Ninja and Plague, which are both already on or coming to consoles.

I've never played Peggle, but I'm assuming it has mechanics similar to something like Bubble Bobble, and that series has been on a bunch of consoles. I think it would work just fine on a phone but that doesn't mean it's not a console game. XCOM works just fine on a tablet but I wouldn't call it a tablet game.

I'd already given up on this coming to PC so the lack of an announcement really doesn't sting so much. I wish they'd announce some new Garden Warfare DLC though.

I didn't get a chance to play the first peggle. I learned of Peggle 2 from GAF. Since it had such high praise here I decided to try it out but I just didn't enjoy it.

If it's exactly like the first one that's fine with me. I get what you're saying like it's not very deep or whatever but that doesn't stop it being a console game. Tetris is pretty basic but that doesn't stop it being a console game.

ArjanN

It's not like he said anything super outragious, to be fair there's not a whole lot to Peggle 2. It's kinda mindless fun, with really simple controls best fit for short bursts of play it really is closer to something you'd see on a phone than a typical console game.

Hugstable

Banned
Umm okay... when's the PC release date popcap? My parents love Peggle and have put 700 hours into Deluxe and Nights. They want to give you money on PC lol.

Amir0x

Banned
I've never played Peggle, but I'm assuming it has mechanics similar to something like Bubble Bobble, and that series has been on a bunch of consoles. I think it would work just fine on a phone but that doesn't mean it's not a console game. XCOM works just fine on a tablet but I wouldn't call it a tablet game.

Plus there's no other definition to 'console game' than 'game that is on a console.'

I mean is Tetris Attack not a console game? Puyo Puyo? Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo? ChuChu Rocket!? Where do we draw the line, exactly?

It's just complete bs made by someone to try to justify their viewpoint, when it wasn't even necessary.

Top Bottom