• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peggle 2 coming to Ps4

Amir0x

Banned
Have there been any free updates or DLC packs released for Peggle 2 on Xbox One? Would be a nice gesture to include them in the PS4 version. I would expect that. I haven't really followed this game and forgot it existed until this release reveal.

yeah. Jimmy Lightning pack and Windy's Master Pack. Not sure if there's more than that, but I remember at least those two. Yeah that'd be awesome if they came with the PS4 version.

Please let's not continue this discussion, it derailed the thread. I shouldn't have even continued it with BruiserBear, because it's just a personal crow serving, and nobody wants to read about that for eighty posts :p

Posts about not wanting to derail the thread, after completely derailing the thread.

The cognitive dissonance has to be overwhelming right now. Seeing you ignore my post pointing out your blatant lies actually made me uncomfortable, but you just breezed on past it like nothing happened.

Amir0x

Banned
I wonder if the game will have colorful PS4 controller effects when you score the winning shot. All cycling through the different colors pathetically

df943bb6dcf96a9ad1afe42a68bd8607.gif

Your gifs need to step up a level.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Posts about not wanting to derail the thread, after completely derailing the thread.
The cognitive dissonance has to be overwhelming right now. Seeing you ignore my post pointing out your blatant lies actually made me uncomfortable, but you just breezed to on past it like nothing happened.
+1 to BruiserBear and Amir0x since screencap.
<3 U GAF

Amir0x

Banned
What is this game, and why are people so excited to see it released on the PS4? (genuine questions)...

This is Peggle, not the sequel but you get the idea. Basically, it's a game that is deceptively simple but actually has a ton of strategy behind it and skill requirements.

You have a little 'pea shooter' at the top - shoots little metallic balls - and there are pegs all around the map that when you hit with the balls will disappear and earn you points. But on top of that, the ball receives a momentum bounce off these pegs, leading to astonishing chain reactions. At the bottom is a little basket that moves back and forth, and if your ball lands in it as it falls to the bottom you gain a free ball.

As you get better at the game, you'll begin to get great at trick shots, at angle lining, power up application and even predicting momentum. There's a point where it almost becomes all 0s and 1s, like you're from the fuckin' Matrix, and all you can see is the pegs and your goal.

It's basically totally amazing.

Pimpbaa

Peggle 2 is only out on xb1 and soon ps4, yet is not a console game. Is it some sort of theoretical game that may or may not exist?

tmtyf

Once again, saying the sun is actually cold is not an opinion, even if you say it is. The same thing applies here. Console game has a specific indisputable definition: a game that is on a console. Peggle 2 meets that classification, up to and including that it friggin' debuted on a console.

jesus christ do you hear how elitist you sound? You don't think it's worthy to be a console game? Well thank you your majesty, I'm sure everyone will regard how much you think a game is worthy in the future. That said, it doesn't change the fact that a console game is just a game that is on a console. Depth, length of play, genre... none of these factor into that. None.

You literally said:

How in the world am I misquoting you?

what if the sun actually is cold :0 have you been there?

seriously though he is entitled to his opinion like you are yours. There are plenty of games that have come out on console that play fine but were obviously made with PC or mobile in mind.

that being said I too fell for the hype ppl were giving it here and I only played it maybe twice. Not a bad game but not my cup of tea I guess.

This is Peggle, not the sequel but you get the idea. Basically, it's a game that is deceptively simple but actually has a ton of strategy behind it and skill requirements.

You have a little 'pea shooter' at the top - shoots little metallic balls - and there are pegs all around the map that when you hit with the balls will disappear and earn you points. But on top of that, the ball receives a momentum bounce off these pegs, leading to astonishing chain reactions. At the bottom is a little basket that moves back and forth, and if your ball lands in it as it falls to the bottom you gain a free ball.

As you get better at the game, you'll begin to get great at trick shots, at angle lining, power up application and even predicting momentum. There's a point where it almost becomes all 0s and 1s, like you're from the fuckin' Matrix, and all you can see is the pegs and your goal.

It's basically totally amazing.

you never even heard of Peggle? Amazing!
here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db064UAdXRg

Thanks to the both of you! Will invest some time looking up videos!

Nuklear

Banned
Peggle 1 > 2 imho. Just better avatar abilities in 1. The ones in two were very underwhelming. I'm glad to see it's coming to the PS4 but when is the PC release?

This seems like a game that's better suited for touch controls, to be honest. Actually, mouse controls would also seem to be preferential to using a controller. Weird set of priorities, there.

Going from memory, but there are 10 characters/zones and each character has around 10-12 regular Peggle levels in it. Each character also has 10 trials associated with it (unlocked once you beat their area), so that's around 220 levels overall. I'm sure someone will quickly correct me on the numbers. ;)

The DLC they have on the Xbox adds two characters, so it adds another 20 regular levels and 20 trials.

They also have multiplayer which is rad. You and your buddies essentially do 10 rounds of Peggle, and on the side of the screen you can see their shots going, and at any time you can click a button to make theirs full screen so it's fun to watch a friend make a ridiculous shot. I don't recall if it has same screen multiplayer though, but if they did, it probably is just hot seat and not simultaneous.

No idea if that's less content than the first game in terms of raw numbers, but it's not like the game is lacking content. I have enjoyed every second of the game and think it is worth the price. Good luck if you're someone who will want to Platinum the game. That will take a good amount of time!

Yeah, left stick controls the angle, and DPad allows you to fine tune the shot.

Thanks for the detailed post! You sold me the game.

Top Bottom