• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peggle 2 coming to Ps4

Amir0x

Banned
It's not like he said anything super outragious, to be fair there's not a whole lot to Peggle 2. It's kinda mindless fun, with really simple controls best fit for short bursts of play it really is closer to something you'd see on a phone than a typical console game.

'depth' has nothing to do with whether something is a console game. Length of expected play time between rounds also has nothing to do with whether something is a console game.

You guys don't get to redefine what console game means. It just means a game on a console. Where in the world did actual gamers start to pretend they get the choice to segment entire legitimately awesome and fun games because they don't fit some preconceived line of 'depth' or because it's to be played in 'short bursts' (I've played Peggle 1 for hours in a row... but hey... who cares)?

weeeeezy

Banned
That's not an opinion. You don't get to redefine what a console game is. That's like saying the sun is cold. You can say the sun is cold, but that doesn't change the fact that the sun is actually hot.

Similarly, you can claim it's your "opinion" that it's not a console game, but it factually is, since it's a game that is on a console. That debuted on a console, no less.

Unless you can clarify specifically within the classical definition of the phrase "console game" why Peggle 2 would be excluded, it's just blathering nonsense. You're on NeoGAF. This is a discussion forum. You're going to get push back against such statements. Sorry if you don't appreciate that.

Ok, but it still is an opinion. I don't think its worthy enough to be a console game. Yea, sure it's out on Xbox and will be on PS4 but my opinion of it doesn't change. To me, this is the type of game you play on the go just to kill some time. I'm looking for something with more depth when I play on my console.

I understand I'm on NeoGAF and here is where I have discussions about how people feel about games, and here is where I gave my feelings for this game. You are the one that made me sound like I was stupid with that misquote. There is nothing irrational about what my opinion is here, its obvious you don't agree with it but I'm fine with that. I'm not really here to prove anything to you.

Cess007

As soon as i read the thread title, i all could think of was that thread about the Xbox one exclusives with the Peggle 2 debate.

Anyway, i just tried Peggle 1 the other day on my PC and it was fun. Dunno i would buy it (it was free on Origin) but it was pretty fun.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
i3OPkFUQxsf5m.gif

LMAO!!! Nice!

Edit- Can you add an explosion at the end? That would be greeeat!

SerTapTap

How does this control on console anyway? Cursor based or do you control the angle directly with analog sticks? I got the first on PC and it's very nice to click/touch exactly where you want to shoot.

Amir0x

Banned
Ok, but it still is an opinion.

Once again, saying the sun is actually cold is not an opinion, even if you say it is. The same thing applies here. Console game has a specific indisputable definition: a game that is on a console. Peggle 2 meets that classification, up to and including that it friggin' debuted on a console.

I don't think its worthy enough to be a console game. Yea, sure it's out on Xbox and will be on PS4 but my opinion of it doesn't change. To me, this is the type of game you play on the go just to kill some time. I'm looking for something with more depth when I play on my console.

jesus christ do you hear how elitist you sound? You don't think it's worthy to be a console game? Well thank you your majesty, I'm sure everyone will regard how much you think a game is worthy in the future. That said, it doesn't change the fact that a console game is just a game that is on a console. Depth, length of play, genre... none of these factor into that. None.

I understand I'm on NeoGAF and here is where I have discussions about how people feel about games, and here is where I gave my feelings for this game. You are the one that made me sound like I was stupid with that misquote. There is nothing irrational about what my opinion is here, its obvious you don't agree with it but I'm fine with that. I'm not really here to prove anything to you.

You literally said:

weeeeezy said:
but it's not a console game tbh.
weeeeezy said:
it's not a console game tbh.
weeeeezy said:
not a console game tbh.
weeeeezy said:
NOT A CONSOLE GAME TBH

How in the world am I misquoting you?

The unprecidented partnership is over. OVER. EA know where the money is so watch as they bring their hit IPs like Plants vs Zombies and Peggle to the PlayStation 4 platform. Sony's victory is relentless. PS2 DAYS ARE BACK!

THIS IS 4 THE PLAYERS!

etc.

If it's cheap, I'll buy it. Peggle is a fun occasional distraction.

weeeeezy

Banned
How in the world am I misquoting you?

Take the time to think back on what you posted:

Sorry bro, you're not allowed to make up bullshit because you don't like something.

This is an opinion:

"I don't like Peggle 2, it wasn't really that addicting and I found its gameplay elements wanting for X, Y and Z reasons."

This is not an opinion:

"Peggle 2 is not a console game LOL because I said so"

Amir0x

Banned
Take the time to think back on what you posted:

jesus christ bro, that's called emphasizing the absurdity of your own quote for effect. It doesn't actually change the meaning of what you said whatsoever. You didn't define why you didn't think it was a console game, which is where the "LOL because I said so" comes from.

And your actual reasons that you're stating AFTER the fact are even more absurd, so it's not like you're helping your point.

Calamari41 said:
Amirox are you on the dev team or something? Holy shit. You are taking some of these comments way too personally.

Do you not know me? I just debate with folk who post nonsense. It's my way. I enjoy the fuck out of it. That's how I have fun when I'm on neoGAF. If I wasn't having fun, I wouldn't participate :)

weeeeezy

Banned
jesus christ bro, that's called emphasizing the absurdity of your own quote for effect. It doesn't actually change the meaning of what you said whatsoever. You didn't define why you didn't think it was a console game, which is where the "LOL because I said so" comes from.

And your actual reasons that you're stating AFTER the fact are even more absurd, so it's not like you're helping your point.

Don't act like you aren't posting anything absurd dude. You are the one who said my post was insulting to the Peggle 2 team, which I don't understand how it could be. They should get my criticism, just like any other dev of a game I don't enjoy. Also, emphasizing my post is one thing, but you flat out made it sound like I was just doing a drive by lil kid fanboy post.

Well then it's incredibly insulting to the peggle 2 team and fans of the game to try to claim it's not a real console game because you personally didn't enjoy it. The series has wide spread acclaim, and many love it.

Amir0x

Banned
Don't act like you aren't posting anything absurd dude. You are the one who said my post was insulting to the Peggle 2 team, which I don't understand how it could be. They should get my criticism, just like any other dev of a game I don't enjoy. Also, emphasizing my post is one thing, but you flat out made it sound like I was just doing a drive by lil kid fanboy post.

You're insulting the development team by trying to claim their game doesn't deserve to be on a console because it's not "deep" enough or some shit. You even said on this page it's not worthy. How do you think that sounds to someone who worked on the game, or people who enjoy the game? Insulting, that's how.

Whether or not they're insulted is another thing (your point is too lame to legitimately hurt anyone's feelings), but it is an insulting point to make.

A console game is a game that is on a console. Point blank. The conversation requires no further depth, and you not liking Peggle 2 did not require you to make up nonsense to support that fact. My argument is that you should stick to your opinion, and not fabricate factually incorrect stuff to support it.

EGM1966

Guess it was inevitable. I presume MS figured it would be comfortably in the lead by the time these initial timed exclusives came to and end. Now each time one of these titles hits PC or PS4 it feels like another chip away at XB1's desirability.

Amir0x

Banned
Where did he lie, exactly?

Please let's not continue this discussion, it derailed the thread. I shouldn't have even continued it with BruiserBear, because it's just a personal crow serving, and nobody wants to read about that for eighty posts :p

weeeeezy

Banned
You're insulting the development team by trying to claim their game doesn't deserve to be on a console because it's not "deep" enough or some shit. You even said on this page it's not worthy. How do you think that sounds to someone who worked on the game, or people who enjoy the game? Insulting, that's how.

Guess what, developers hear it all the time. I should know since I code for a living. If you aren't willing to hear what your users think about the product you put out then maybe you should change your career.

Whether or not they're insulted is another thing (your point is too lame to legitimately hurt anyone's feelings), but it is an insulting point to make.
My point was too lame? Dude maybe you should take a break, you aren't making this any better for yourself.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
October 14th? That's not a PS+ day =O
Anyway, huge Peggle fan, but I've never bought one with my own money or played it with any less than 4 people.

Amir0x

Banned
Guess what, developers hear it all the time. I should know since I code for a living. If you aren't willing to hear what your users think about the product you put out then maybe you should change your career.

My point was too lame? Dude maybe you should take a break, you aren't making this any better for yourself.

Yes, your point was too lame. Making up bullshit like "it's not a console game" is by definition lame. Since it's complete fabricated nonsense, I can call it that. :)

And again, it's not about you criticizing their products. You can't even read the very posts you quote, nor the original post where you said I "misquoted" you. In both cases I made a very clear distinction between having a negative opinion about a game - something I am fucking infamous for by the way - and saying unsubstantiated bullshit to support said opinion.

It is a fact Peggle 2 is a console game. You don't get to change the factual definition of "console game." That is where you erred. You did not err by saying you did not like the game, which is perfectly fine.

How is it compared to the first? The stuff I watched back when it was coming to the Xbox made it look like less characters and levels.

Going from memory, but there are 10 characters/zones and each character has around 10-12 regular Peggle levels in it. Each character also has 10 trials associated with it (unlocked once you beat their area), so that's around 220 levels overall. I'm sure someone will quickly correct me on the numbers. ;)

The DLC they have on the Xbox adds two characters, so it adds another 20 regular levels and 20 trials.

They also have multiplayer which is rad. You and your buddies essentially do 10 rounds of Peggle, and on the side of the screen you can see their shots going, and at any time you can click a button to make theirs full screen so it's fun to watch a friend make a ridiculous shot. I don't recall if it has same screen multiplayer though, but if they did, it probably is just hot seat and not simultaneous.

No idea if that's less content than the first game in terms of raw numbers, but it's not like the game is lacking content. I have enjoyed every second of the game and think it is worth the price. Good luck if you're someone who will want to Platinum the game. That will take a good amount of time!

How does this control on console anyway? Cursor based or do you control the angle directly with analog sticks? I got the first on PC and it's very nice to click/touch exactly where you want to shoot.

Yeah, left stick controls the angle, and DPad allows you to fine tune the shot.

Amir0x

Banned
To be perfectly honest your tone is very adversarial and overly hostile. Maybe you should take an internet break and go for a walk...

I always aggressively push my perspective, that's who I am. But it's not from a negative emotion. It's because I'm enjoying myself. I have a lot of fun debating on neoGAF.

That said, we've already gone over that post eighteen times, and I'm sorry I kept pushing the issue now since it ruined a whole page when all I had to do was feed the crow >:)

Calamari41

41 > 38
Really? I'm reading it as calm and analytical, not really easy to read emotion based on text.

The response seems way out of proportion to the "offense" in both cases. It's like if a buddy goes HAM on you because you said "looks like rain" and it didn't end up raining.

It's like... OK, they were wrong, but are you really going to pop the champagne over it?

Amir0x

Banned
bro, it's just a neoGAF tradition to serve crow. :)

ANYWAY, on Peggle 2:

I wonder if the PS4 version will have any additional features. The Xbox One version from what I heard/seen wasn't as content rich as Peggle 1, but I could be completely wrong about that since I only played it for a very short time.

Compbros

The response seems way out of proportion to the "offense" in both cases. It's like if a buddy goes HAM on you because you said "looks like rain" and it didn't end up raining.

He's not going HAM though, he's responding and throwing some swears in every now and then. There's nothing like "you're an idiot" or anything, it's just pointing out how those people were incorrect. In your scenario if your friend says "that was bullshit, it didn't rain at all" in a text then it can look aggressive because you don't have the tone but if you were on the phone or face to face it may not be that at all, it may just be him stating that what you said was bullshit.

Did they ever announce a PC release for this game?

No, but Popcap likes to put things everywhere they can.

I always aggressively push my perspective, that's who I am. But it's not from a negative emotion. It's because I'm enjoying myself. I have a lot of fun debating on neoGAF.

That said, we've already gone over that post eighteen times, and I'm sorry I kept pushing the issue now since it ruined a whole page when all I had to do was feed the crow >:)

former mod

bro, it's just a neoGAF tradition to serve crow. :)

ANYWAY, on Peggle 2:

I wonder if the PS4 version will have any additional features. The Xbox One version from what I heard/seen wasn't as content rich as Peggle 1, but I could be completely wrong about that since I only played it for a very short time.

Have there been any free updates or DLC packs released for Peggle 2 on Xbox One? Would be a nice gesture to include them in the PS4 version. I would expect that. I haven't really followed this game and forgot it existed until this release reveal.

Top Bottom