• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark’s Game Director leaves The Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Starting to think there’s some issues. It is something I feel microsoft struggles with at their studios.

really hoping it turns out great but we will see. if there’s no gameplay this year from the big games they showed trailers for like 2 to 3 years ago im going to deffo start questioning their abilities to produce great games in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
After 4 years. I know I know… ‘people leave all the time’. You’d think people would want to see their product shipped before moving on.

People do leave all the the time, even before the game has shipped.

At least the studio head, Darrell Gallagher is still there.

No doubt there is fierce competition for talent, these companies will be poaching each other all the time for talent.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It is true that high up game developers are constantly being poached. There is so little talent now in high up positions that there is a lot of poaching going on and people leaving a lot becuase they are getting cash thrown at them left and right.

saying that, in this case I am starting to feel like there could be some issues. They need to show the game off and it look solid imo.

I feel triple A western dev is in a strange spot, there’s little originality and a lot of focus tested regurgitated bull shit. I hope we see a strong shift and some awesome games coming out that feel truly next gen and new Sooner rather than later.

please, just let fable be incredible….

and Starfield.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

It is true that high up game developers are constantly being poached. There is so little talent now in high up positions that there is a lot of poaching going on and people leaving a lot becuase they are getting cash thrown at them left and right.

saying that, in this case I am starting to feel like there could be some issues. They need to show the game off and it look solid imo.

I feel triple A western dev is in a strange spot, there’s little originality and a lot of focus tested regurgitated bull shit. I hope we see a strong shift and some awesome games coming out that feel truly next gen and new Sooner rather than later.

please, just let fable be incredible….

and Starfield.

Could be lots of things, the game industry is competitive and tough. Maybe someone was doing a better job at directing then he was, maybe his heart was not in it etc etc.

Being a game director is stressful, just look at barlog at the start of GoW and at the end of it, he aged like a president and he did not want to do it again.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

A GD leaving after the design director. Chances are high that means the game is struggling in its current state

Obviously that doesn't mean whatever product comes out of this at end isn't going to be good

I don't know and neither do you, maybe they just wanted easier roles or there could be a bunch of other reasons which are not negitive for why these people left.

3liteDragon

Said in the other thread that I'm expecting to see PD gameplay at their showcase this year but I don't see that happening anytime soon I guess.

Last edited:
I don't know and neither do you, maybe they just wanted easier roles or there could be a bunch of other reasons which are not negitive for why these people left.

Spending four years of your life leading a studio you were a founder off and leaving before it came to fruition? Can't see much positivity from that

Obviously this is speculation. But that's the point of these

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Spending four years of your life leading a studio you were a founder off and leaving before it came to fruition? Can't see much positivity from that

Obviously this is speculation. But that's the point of these

From the info thats available you cant really make good speculation. I mean you could go for the negitive or positive slant, but because we have so little information it says more about the poster then anything else.

I

kingfey

Banned
This is not normal, but I'll wait for June showcase.
I doubt we will get news on this e3. It would be 2023 e3. Maybe CGI trailer for this E3, but I wouldnt hold my breath on that one.

The studio is new. It doesnt have the tools yet.

kingfey

Banned
From the info thats available you cant really make good speculation. I mean you could go for the negitive or positive slant, but because we have so little information it says more about the poster then anything else.

I
The studio is new. It has the name of "Perfect Dark" as their new game. People will see that as a failure.
I expect people to flood this post, and consider perfect dark as a failure because of this move.

As for me, MS has alot of studios. They can simply ask help from those studios to manage the project. They arent in a hurry, since the game has no date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom