• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Character Trailers

LbVnz3y.gif
xpb7lv1.gif

Lol looks like Yusuke's dealing with the Naoto situation where in official art his hair is blue but ingame it's black. Or maybe it's just the lighting.

Has any of the English cast been confirmed at all?

Miang

those special attack finishing pose things are so cool. This game is so stylish.

'justice has prevailed!'

I need it. I just need this game NOW.

mrmickfran

Alright. I was literally gonna make a joke saying "I hope they cast Laura Bailey as Morgana."

But Holy Shit, I'm excited.

At least she sounds a lot like Laura Bailey to me.
Troy and Laura are stuck working on AAA games now.

We might not have a dub as God-tier as P4 :(

Xenoflare

Looks about the same visually, although lower resolution, of course. I think it's been said it has longer load times and a lower framerate as well.

The first two PVs were PS3 footage.

Framerate? Mhmm...

Is it 30 vs 60? Or struggling 30 vs capped 30?

Cub3h

Banned
This is still my most anticipated game, and all trailers point to it topping even Persona 4. Now I just need to decide whether to buy a PS3 or PS4..

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm calling it: Makoto is best girl forever at this rate.

Framerate? Mhmm...

Is it 30 vs 60? Or struggling 30 vs capped 30?

PS4 version is 1080p60fps.

PS3 is 720p mostly30fps.

This really won't have a japanese audio option? Very disappointing...

Atlus USA have stressed that they are trying as hard as they can to see about an inclusion of a Japanese DLC patch, but have stressed that it will be very difficult and may not happen.

Makes sense as it would throw all of their localization money out of the window too.

Dumb question, as I've never done this, but, when this comes out in Japan, can I create a Japanese account on my American PS3 and purchase a digital version there?

I have the American PS4 version preordered but boy, I don't think I can wait that long.

mrmickfran

I thought the voice actor for Yosuke in P4 was just as good as Kanji and Rise. We'll just have to see how it ends up.

Yeah Yuri was good, but Troy and Laura were on a whole nother level. Plus he's Spider-Man now, so his schedule might be a little tight.

Dammit Troy. Why'd you have to be so successful?

I find it funny that Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us came out in the same year and he voiced both protagonists lol

They really did elevate the game. I liked the rest of the cast too, but you could tell they really brought a fresh angle.

They were amazing. It's too bad everyone noticed :p

DNAbro

Dumb question, as I've never done this, but, when this comes out in Japan, can I create a Japanese account on my American PS3 and purchase a digital version there?

I have the American PS4 version preordered but boy, I don't think I can wait that long.

I believe you can buy Japanese PSN cards and do this. Not 100% sure though.

If Anne is only 1/4 American, how come she has blond hair and blue eyes? Aren't those recessive genes? You'd think they wouldn't show if one of her parents was full Japanese.

At this point, I'd honestly prefer randoms I've never heard of then just hearing Yuri again.

As long as the quality is there, it doesn't matter.

Inuhanyou

If Anne is only 1/4 American, how come she has blond hair and blue eyes? Aren't those recessive genes? You'd think they wouldn't show if one of her parents was full Japanese.

Because American is a race, and the genetic traits are being buxom, white, blond haired, and blue eyed while being predisposed to wearing an american flag bikini, holding a hamburger and a coke/beer in one hand, and a M16 in the other. cause Japan. And anime.

Nikokuno

It's still possible right? Mixed black people with green or blue eyes are real. I don't know for the hair though Blake Griffin is kinda redhead.

Because American is a race, and the genetic traits are being buxom, white, blond haired, and blue eyed while being predisposed to wearing an american flag bikini, holding a hamburger and a coke/beer in one hand, and a M16 in the other. cause Japan. And anime.

I know you are being facetious but when I read this I was like "Yep, damn we are awesome." I didn't feel bad after, something tells me I should though.

American trait: 3 arms.

those special attack finishing pose things are so cool. This game is so stylish.

'justice has prevailed!'

I need it. I just need this game NOW.

For real. Persona 5 will set new standards for stylish presentation. It's been a long time since I've been so impressed with a game's aesthetics.

Inuhanyou

I know you are being facetious but when I read this I was like "Yep, damn we are awesome." I didn't feel bad after, something tells me I should though.

Lol. I would not expect many people to be sad about minority or semi nuanced representation in a video game from another country that relies mostly on super basic and exaggerated stereotypes as the prime source of information for other cultures. :p

American trait: 3 arms.

You can hold a burger and a coke in a single hand...it just takes a certain level of dexterity

mdubs

Banned
I just have to say. I don't care that JYB was Yu, we NEED him as MC for this game. It wouldn't be right not to have him.

Atlus, PLEASE

bgbball31

Guys, I bought Persona 4 on release... and still haven't played past the first month. School got in the way, then other games, then it just got of got forgotten despite it constantly being talked about.

I just felt like I needed to have a confessional to get it off my chest. Now feel free to tell me I am an awful person.

Oh, but I already pre-ordered the premium version of P5, so at least I've done something right?

So the protagonist doesn't have a name?

Guys, I bought Persona 4 on release... and still haven't played past the first month. School got in the way, then other games, then it just got of got forgotten despite it constantly being talked about.

I just felt like I needed to have a confessional to get it off my chest. Now feel free to tell me I am an awful person.

Oh, but I already pre-ordered the premium version of P5, so at least I've done something right?
You'd do better giving it to me.

You have made mistakes sir. We all have. At least you spend your hard earned cash on good games. That's a positive, pretty much any game you have played in the interim is garbage compared to P4 though. You could just say you are saving the best for last though. Have faith, there is a confessional in Persona 5.

Top Bottom