• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Character Trailers

All the characters seem awesome. Except, the more I see of him, the more I find the MC kind of skeevy and irritating.

Can't quite put my finger on why yet. Probably matters least as if it's like 3 and 4, the main character will be primarily defined by his relations with the other, more interesting cast members.

Curse this long localization too - 5 months? Come on, this is America!

Lunar15

EH WHO NEEDS EM

There are some stellar dub voice actors out there

I'm sure P5's dub will be great

Yeah, as much as I loved Troy and Laura, I don't think I would want them to return here. Wouldn't feel right. It's time for some other people to shine, and who knows, Troy Baker wasn't the known quantity he is now, so who's to say we won't get another stand out performance from someone new?

Haven't watched. How much do these trailers tell about the characters? Don't want to push my luck with these trailers.

Really nothing. They have two or three lines from each character and some scenes. They're commercials, not trailers.

Zolo

Morgana, turn into a car

Poor Anne.

persona5_2015spring_s03.jpeg

-Horizon-

They're most likely not going to give him a name. They'll just call him by his codename, since the anime seems to only revolve around a side-mission.

If they just keep avoiding saying his name and only calling him "you" or "leader", its gonna be so dumb :/

Lunar15

If they just keep avoiding saying his name and only calling him "you" or "leader", its gonna be so dumb :/

His codename is
"Joker"
. This is what they'll most likely call him through the entire episode.

It's just a one-off episode. Not an entire series.

-Horizon-

His codename is
"Joker"
. This is what they'll most likely call him through the entire episode.

It's just a one-off episode. Not an entire series.

They're not spending all their time in the dungeon, there were some scenes during school and whatnot.
It would seem weird to call him that outside their base or when they're on a mission.

jzbluz

The manga is also starting on September, so we will most likely get a name then. The question is will Atlus stick to it?

Lunar15

The manga is also starting on September, so we will most likely get a name then. The question is will Atlus stick to it?

No, they'll pick a name and then Atlus will come up with an entirely different one for the fighting game spin-off which will annoy the super hardcore fans to no end, lol.

Alternatively, there will be another group that just names him whatever Giant Bomb comes up with and that will annoy the hardcore fans even more.

wmlk

Looks awesome.

Man, it would be so good if we could have a plain slice of life/sim game ONLY with this kind of budget.

Nachos

I wonder when we will hear dubbed voices.
Atlus likes to first put out trailers with voice over about four months before release. It might just be a teaser, and it might not be possible to pin voices to specific characters, but I think October sounds about right for P5. SMT IV Apocalypse would be out of the way by that point.

-Horizon-

THERE'S AN ANIME???

That's true. Might as well give some other guys a chance to shine.
A special, not a season worth sadly enough.

But who knows, we already got Persona 3 movies and 2 persona 4 anime series. I expect a full anime or movie(s) later down the line for this too.

Zolo

A special, not a season worth sadly enough.

But who knows, we already got Persona 3 movies and 2 persona 4 anime series. I expect a full anime or movie(s) later down the line for this too.

I expect the Persona 5 anime will be around Summer or Fall of next year.

Zolo

This guy was in the animated scene on the plane. I get the feeling he will be the Ryoji Mochizuki for P5's story.

He's the moon S. link and is more the first classmate you make friends with like Kenji in P3 and the sports social link in P4.

CrazyDude

He's the moon S. link and is more the first classmate you make friends with like Kenji in P3 and the sports social link in P4.

Maybe so, interesting as neither of those two social link characters had them animated, but there is a first for everything.

Lunar15

Maybe so, interesting as neither of those two social link characters had them animated, but there is a first for everything.

Without going into spoilers, he's actually somewhat important to the main plot. Not just a side character. But not in the way that you mean.

Strimei

Yeah, as much as I loved Troy and Laura, I don't think I would want them to return here. Wouldn't feel right. It's time for some other people to shine, and who knows, Troy Baker wasn't the known quantity he is now, so who's to say we won't get another stand out performance from someone new?

I think Laura could return if she does a different sort of voice, her more adult voice (think Lust from FMA or Jaina from Warcraft). Not as one of the party members though.

I'm thinking maybe Sae Nijima.

Darksol

I've had most of August off. After only teaching for a couple weeks in September this will come out. I'll have a really hard time managing the game, my sleep, and my teaching :p

_Ryo_

I've had most of August off. After only teaching for a couple weeks in September this will come out. I'll have a really hard time managing the game, my sleep, and my teaching :p

Never thought about it til now but wouldn't this be a weird game for teachers to play? I mean, regarding the dating aspect and all. It's like part of it is a school sim where you can date your classmates, so to play it as a teacher that is role-playing a student that dates their classmates. Kinda weird, right? haha

.JayZii

Banned
Never thought about it til now but wouldn't this be a weird game for teachers to play? I mean, regarding the dating aspect and all. It's like part of it is a school sim where you can date your classmates, so to play it as a teacher that is role-playing a student that dates their classmates. Kinda weird, right? haha
I don't think so.

Everyone always makes the "dating" aspect of the Persona games sound much more scandalous that it is. You hang out and talk with people for Social Link levels 1-9 and then for level 10, for a character of the opposite sex, you have the option to make the screen cut to black, and then you're "dating" them. Which means you ignore them for the rest of the game so you can work on all of your other Social Links.

I don't think so.

Everyone always makes the "dating" aspect of the Persona games sound much more scandalous that it is. You hang out and talk with people for Social Link levels 1-9 and then for level 10, for a character of the opposite sex, you have the option to make the screen cut to black, and then you're "dating" them. Which means you ignore them for the rest of the game so you can work on all of your other Social Links.

I really hope P5 actually makes your social links effect the main story in some way. Like the person your dating says something different than they would normally say in one of the main cutscenes. Kinda like Mass Effect, without the gratuitous sex scenes.

Kthulhu

I really hope P5 actually makes your social links effect the main story in some way. Like the person your dating says something different than they would normally say in one of the main cutscenes. Kinda like Mass Effect, without the gratuitous sex scenes.

That would be awesome.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I want the story and game in general to actually acknowledge who your relationships are. If you knock boots with makoto, i want you to actively be closer to Makoto and have that reflected in some way through other character observations, general run of play and such. Yeah its probably impossible but it would be nice to see

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
There were some scenes like this in persona 4 golden if I remember, but yeah there definitely could be more. I remember my character taking out yukiko to one of the festivals and the other characters mentioning it. Would be nice to see changes in the game by what social links you have, and maybe max out friends defending you in conversation.

I want the story and game in general to actually acknowledge who your relationships are. If you knock boots with makoto, i want you to actively be closer to Makoto and have that reflected in some way through other character observations, general run of play and such. Yeah its probably impossible but it would be nice to see

Like I said, I think Mass Effect does it fairly well. You don't need to make entirely new scenes; you just need to change maybe one or two lines of dialogue for key scenes.

It's a problem when you have a character like Rise that constantly flirts with the MC, despite the fact that the one your actually dating might be in the same room. Shouldn't that create some form of conflict maybe?

Persona 4 Golden did have about 2 scenes that reflected your current relationship in the main story (the fireworks scene and Valentines day scene before the date), but it'd be great if there were a few more. It could've made the relationships a lot more believable.

Zolo

Like I said, I think Mass Effect does it fairly well. You don't need to make entirely new scenes; you just need to change maybe one or two lines of dialogue for key scenes.

It's a problem when you have a character like Rise that constantly flirts with the MC, despite the fact that the one your actually dating might be in the same room. Shouldn't that create some form of conflict maybe?

Persona 4 Golden did have about 2 scenes that reflected your current relationship in the main story (the fireworks scene and Valentines day scene before the date), but it'd be great if there were a few more. It could've made the relationships a lot more believable.

The way Persona 4 did it made it seem like your relationship was basically a secret in case you were dating more than one person......which uh.....wouldn't make sense if you were dating both Chie and Yukiko at the same time.

The way Persona 4 did it made it seem like your relationship was basically a secret in case you were dating more than one person......which uh.....wouldn't make sense if you were dating both Chie and Yukiko at the same time.

I would absolutely take the trade-off of "The one you date greatly affects the story, but you can only date one." than the pokemon style "date them all, but it means pretty much nothing."

Or better yet, if we find better waifu or whatever, let us break up with our old one in order to date the other.

Top Bottom