• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Character Trailers

Bruh did I see sexual tension? IN MY JRPG? LEGIT SEXUAL TENSION NOT *blush blush oh protagonist kun*?

Sign me TF up. 2 more weeks baby. Hopefully mine comes early.

Lynx_7

Bruh did I see sexual tension? IN MY JRPG? LEGIT SEXUAL TENSION NOT *blush blush oh protagonist kun*?

Put that on the cover.

"JRPG's The Godfather moment - a masterpiece" 10/10 - Empire

"The Dark Souls of Shin Megami Tensei" 10/10 - Gamezone

"Legit sexual tension" - Frozenprince

cheesekao

I thought the voice actor for Yosuke in P4 was just as good as Kanji and Rise. We'll just have to see how it ends up.
Well his voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal, works on both AAA titles and smaller titles as well which I'm glad he does because he's great. It's a shame that some VA's choose to not to dabble in what made them popular in the first place after making it big.

mdubs

Banned
Put that on the cover.

"JRPG's The Godfather moment - a masterpiece" 10/10 - Empire

"The Dark Souls of Shin Megami Tensei" 10/10 - Gamezone

"Legit sexual tension" - Frozenprince

tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.png

Ralemont

not me
Like I said, I think Mass Effect does it fairly well. You don't need to make entirely new scenes; you just need to change maybe one or two lines of dialogue for key scenes.

It's a problem when you have a character like Rise that constantly flirts with the MC, despite the fact that the one your actually dating might be in the same room. Shouldn't that create some form of conflict maybe?

Persona 4 Golden did have about 2 scenes that reflected your current relationship in the main story (the fireworks scene and Valentines day scene before the date), but it'd be great if there were a few more. It could've made the relationships a lot more believable.

Agreed that BioWare games do this well, especially considering it's such a small amount of content in those games. Changing a few lines of dialogue can go a long way.

Hell, even Tales of Symphonia did this. Was always curious why they never tried that in another Tales game.

I think her commercial showed the most new scenes and it made me really lookign forward to learn more about her. I guess her character arc will mostly be about her relation with her family, but usually there is a lot more to the characters.
Same.
Really looking forward to seeing more of her character.
I think she has the best Phantom Thief outfit and really liked what I saw of her in the CM.
other than his job as a detective, no.

They are still pretending that they didn't reveal him and he isn't going to join the party.
Atlus is being really silly with this.
They already revealed his dlc outfits, his all out attack portrait, in the demo
a silhouette of his Phantom Thief design
and he is on the cover of the game which only feature party members.
Seriously, who are they trying to fool here?
Is Goro not getting a character trailer?
Nope.
They are pretending that they didn't reveal him already.
PositiveAthleticHatchetfish.gif

I have been waiting for Haru's CM. God it's so good! Her voice at the end is amazing as well.
She's great.
Next to Goro, she is the party member that I want to learn more about.

Kthulhu

Same.
Really looking forward to seeing more of her character.
I think she has the best Phantom Thief outfit and really liked what I saw of her in the CM.

Atlus is being really silly with this.
They already revealed his dlc outfits, his all out attack portrait, in the demo
a silhouette of his Phantom Thief design
and he is on the cover of the game which only feature party members.
Seriously, who are they trying to fool here?

Nope.
They are pretending that they didn't reveal him already.

She's great.
Next to Goro, she is the party member that I want to learn more about.

Perhaps it's a Japanese thing. In the trailers for JoJo eyes of Heaven, they show the main antagonist multiple times, but in the Western trailers they never show him.

They're not gonna make a vid for Goro are they? Seems like they're trying to keep his gameplay a secret.

is there any hope that this game could be on the vita or pc someday? or is it just wishful thinking

Doubt it. A port/updated version of P5 would either be on Sony's next handheld or the PS4 itself in a few years.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've never played a Persona game before but this looks amazing. If it's not coming to PC then it may be time to get a PS4.

I've never played a Persona game before but this looks amazing. If it's not coming to PC then it may be time to get a PS4.

Used PS4s are gonna be cheap as hell once the Neo and Slim are out. PC seems unlikely since Atlus developed games never get PC ports for some reason. Only other platform I could see happening is NX with a GOTY edition.

Zolo

I really like that she's not a shy awkward hacker girl but seems pretty arrogant about how good she is at what she does.
It's a nice change from the insecurities-ridden characters of P4 and 3, even if it probably means that the P5 cast is better at hiding their fears.

She actually is socially awkward and a NEET staying in her home all the time. This is more just how she acts in front of people she knows and is friends with.

I don't know... I was starting to get pretty amped for this game then made the mistake of watching the anime which was hot garbage. It's really putting me off the game now to be honest which is a real shame :(. Maybe just forgetting that seeing the anime ever happened is the way forward.

Lusankya

I don't know... I was starting to get pretty amped for this game then made the mistake of watching the anime which was hot garbage. It's really putting me off the game now to be honest which is a real shame :(. Maybe just forgetting that seeing the anime ever happened is the way forward.

What? The anime was great. Are you sure you didn't mistakenly watch the P4Golden anime?

artsi

Lol the anime was just a marketing piece, no indication of the game's quality in any way.

And it wasn't bad anyway.

What? The anime was great. Are you sure you didn't mistakenly watch the P4Golden anime?

No was the first episode of P5. Watched it on crunchyroll and felt like it was missing frames all over the place. I watch loads of anime and to me it just felt really cheap for some reason. Wasn't a fan of the direction on the fight sequences, palette and transitions either. *shrug*. Might be a preference thing but it didn't cohesively gel for me at all. Strange as it felt like an overall disconnect with my impression of what the quality level of the game had been up to that point. Made me concerned as to the end product.

Mendrox

Eh? The promo thing was nice and also just a story possibility for the MC. It won't be in the game like this.

Edit: Watch more anime. The promo was just mid quality output from A1 pictures.

2 Questions.

1. How likely is it for Goro to get a character trailer aswell before launch?

2. In Persona games before, were all playable characters shown? (In action)
Goro was shown but not in battle.

Zolo

2 Questions.

Ryuji's next week, so none.

Jb

No was the first episode of P5. Watched it on crunchyroll and felt like it was missing frames all over the place. I watch loads of anime and to me it just felt really cheap for some reason. Wasn't a fan of the direction on the fight sequences, palette and transitions either. *shrug*. Might be a preference thing but it didn't cohesively gel for me at all. Strange as it felt like an overall disconnect with my impression of what the quality level of the game had been up to that point. Made me concerned as to the end product.

It felt cheap but I think most fans knew going in that it probably wouldn't be on par with the cutscenes we've seen from the actual games. Different studio, different budget.

artsi

Yeah it was cheap, but the anime cutscenes in game are made by a better company.

Lusankya

Oh, you meant the quality of the animation? Yeah, that wasn't too thrilling, but it's a different studio than the one who does the scenes for the game. That's why you feel the disconnect.

The game will be of the highest quality, don't worry. How did you like the plot? It was a taste of how the sidequests in the game will turn out to be.

Lusankya

2 Questions.

1. 0%, there is only one CM left and that's Ryuji. http://persona5.jp/tgs2016/

2. For P3 and P4 they showed all characters. Although I am not too sure they actually showed Shinjiro in battle.

Edit: Watch more anime. The promo was just mid quality output from A1 pictures.

Nah I already watch/ed most anime whether archived or simulcast thanks. I'm fine as is for any qualitive comparison. It's just my view that this was a poor effort. You're welcome to your own opinion.

Oh, you meant the quality of the animation? Yeah, that wasn't too thrilling, but it's a different studio than the one who does the scenes for the game. That's why you feel the disconnect.

The game will be of the highest quality, don't worry. How did you like the plot? It was a taste of how the sidequests in the game will turn out to be.

Ah fair enough. Will still check it out, particularly now after famitsu review. Feels like a really stupid decision that they would skimp so badly on the quality of related promo material though.

Top Bottom