• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 gets 10/10 in first English version review

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSbhhujf6.gif

Japan @ the 2017 GOTY Awards

iPFOazd.png

(Reposted from the NieR: Automata Review Thread)
4o116p6rW.gif

Horizone Zero Dawn
Nioh
NieR Automata
Persona 5

What a time for RPGs on PlayStation. I think with P5 I will have enough must play games to last me until Fall.

Usgamer will give it a perfect score too, watch.

I'm kinda salty their score kept Horizon Zero Dawn from a 90 especially now that it is back to 89. They did right by NieR though.

Maxim726X

The year of dreams continues.

All we need is a strong Mass Effect showing, and the first 4 months of this year are cemented as the best of the generation by far. Maybe even the best of the last 2 generations.

bigol

I liked Persona 3 more than 4. Anyone that already played the Japan version, would you say it's more similar to Persona 3 or 4?

Played the JP version. I like this game a lot. But no way is it a 10.

To put it in perspective I would say P4 is a 10. P5 is not. Maybe a 9 at best.
Same thing some early people said about Zelda. Weak story and frame issues put off a lot of early copy holders.

We can only wait and see, but the chances of P5 being close to Zelda's 98 is extremely slim. Zelda did new things in the most popular genre

LuuKyK

After whats seemed like 15 fucking years we are finally getting this game. JHC, the delays killed me, but it's almost here. Can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game to release.

That's a really strong start. I don't know what to do anymore, I just got Zelda and Horizon, then there's KH collection in a few weeks...

I DON'T HAVE MONEY ANYMORE

//DEVIL//

Why they do this ? I can no longer keep up. Too many great games and i cant even give these games all enough time. I am still jumping between horizon and zelda .

There is alao neir and persona 5. I am an adult with fair enough income but i cant buy all these games.

Like, I really want to support these developers and publishers by buying their game release day, but I can no longer honestly buy them all. Including the switch console. I spent like 550$ within the span of a month.

This is too much. Why they dont seperate their games when there is another big game out. Even the game release window a little during the year.

I am getting caught up in the hype... But, I have never played a Persona game before... will I "understand" the game? Or do you think that it requires a past familiarity to enjoy it?

For instance, I played Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 without ever having played the first one and loved it. But, conversely, had I not played the first 3 Uncharted games first, I can't imagine getting as much out of Uncharted 4. People that tried missed out on some of the story beats and references... So, how about Persona?

Thanks for the feedback!

It this can somehow top Persona 4 Golden's Metascore (93), I'll be stoked. Anything over 90 is cool with me though!

Early impressions/previews seem to be extremely positive. Can't wait for the embargo to lift.

Arkeband

Banned
Because we should be celebrating Atlus's achievements and not be continually beating on another developers game.

It's fair to compare it to its competitors - and considering you claim to have worked on FFXV, this sounds like 'stop insulting my game'.

Take another victory lap with Tabata over sales numbers, because that's one metric Persona will never beat FF in.

if ME:A and this gets 85+ MC too...FML (in a good way) lol

Mass Effect is in the bargain bin for me unless it pulls a 90 or above. I don't genreally use an arbitrary line like that, but it's the only way to stop my backlog from growing. I already have Nioh, NieR and Persona after Horizon. Don't need another massive RPG day one.

Oh that will be fun.

If Persona 5 doesn't score 90 at a minimum it's a disappointment. My expectatations are through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom