• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 : 1080P 60 FPS on PS4 - 720P 60 FPS on X1

Ricky_R

Nothing to do with me

conan_thank-yougif.gif

shandy706

On the subject of PES, this goal and the play leading up felt really smooth. I've not given it much of a chance vs FIFA for a long time. May give it a look this year.

yzihbo.gif

Can you change the control setup to be more like FIFA?

The only thing I didn't like is the placement of sprint and a couple other inputs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
amir0x is fucking killing it. My god, I love him.

Amir0x

Banned
In terms of raw hardware power, definitely yes. No doubt.
In terms of XDK optimization / tools, definitely no.

Uh huh. In terms of what developers say, what the specs show, what the games show. And most devs who commented on it have said Sony was ahead on the tools game too.

So, hey. Live in whatever world you need to.

PES is seriously only 720p on XB1? The just screams lazy developing, to me. I'll never get the game, because I play FIFA, but 720p for a soccer game just doesn't make any sense.

TK Turk

Banned
Uh huh. In terms of what developers say, what the specs show, what the games show. And most devs who commented on it have said Sony was ahead on the tools game too.

So, hey. Live in whatever world you need to.

So, hey, uh, he's been verified by Bish as a developer working on a game for Xbox One.

Jonnax

What are you trying to say? That the Xbox has better tools? Wasn't there a whole thing about the One having worse tools than sony?

Are you just believing that Microsoft have better tools because they make a widely used operating system? Because they invented DirectX?

Hasney

On the subject of PES, this goal and the play leading up felt really smooth. I've not given it much of a chance vs FIFA for a long time. May give it a look this year.

yzihbo.gif

The only thing I didn't like is the placement of sprint and a couple other inputs.

Yeah, go to select sides from the pause menu and press Square or X and you'll have all the control options.

EDIT: And it does feel wonderful...

Dragon

Banned
He's a dev

Im assuming a Multiplatform one with a statement like that.

Know who you're talking to.

I think it stands to reason we should all treat each other with more respect. That being said trusting someone implicitly because of their position is an appeal to authority. We cast doubt on the presidents decisions all the time and rightly so. I'm not going to automatically trust someone that goes against almost all of the information we have at this time.

Even if that was true, it doesn't mean much if it doesn't translate to a superior product to your competitor's. And right now we haven't seen that yet, so yes "IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY" the PS4 has been proving to be more powerful.
Having a matured development environment can only do so much to off-set differences in raw processing power.

yzihbo.gif

There's a couple of controller layouts and one is similar to fifa, but I think you can customise the controls. Not 100% sure though.

Kezen

Banned
Yet the Xbox One is still completely beaten in tech pushing games.

That won't change, no matter what cloud BS Microsoft is trying to spout.

Kssio_Aug

What are you trying to say? That the Xbox has better tools? Wasn't there a whole thing about the One having worse tools than sony?

Are you just believing that Microsoft have better tools because they make a widely used operating system? Because they invented DirectX?

Maybe because he's developing for XB1? Yeah...

StuBurns

Banned
CD Projekt said they think MS' tools are better, I believe. Not that it impacts the results all that much, W3 is still going to be better on PS4.

TK Turk

Banned
And? Most devs have said PS4 is ahead on the tools. His opinion doesn't change that. Do you want me to go grab the developer links on that score as well?

I honestly haven't read any devs saying the PS4 is ahead on the tools lately. I think we all know that was the case at launch, but who knows now. All he's saying is that the PS4 is more powerful, the XB1 has better tools. That does not equate to the XB1 having technically superior games though.

Chobel

Do you have PS4 devkit? last time you said you don't have good relationship with Sony.

If this true, it means PS4 has more area to improve in the future. The gap will increase?

Marlenus

He's a dev.

Edit:

It's well known within the industry that M$ makes the best dev tools.

He is also contradicting what the Metro devs said regarding the CPU overhead of the API on PS4 vs Xbox One.

Possible this dev is more used to a DX style API vs the PS4 API but familiarity does not better make.

Gestault

Two different games running on two different engines... Why the hell would you compare the two other than both being football games?

Because they're attempts at simulating the same sport with the same factors, and are for the most part visually similar and only one encounters a situation where a PS3 version has the same performance specs as a current-gen system, so it's reasonable to see it more as a sign of inadequate engineering rather than a technical shortcoming.

shandy706

My grandma has more reach than that goalie.

Haha, well at full speed that shot I took was really quick. He didn't have a chance.

That's the one thing that has always annoyed me about PES; the keepers always seem to try and save with two hands, even when they would get a lot more reach with one arm.

He tried with one hand, not quick enough.

I'll play the demo again this week to see if I can change the control scheme. Changing players, fighting for the ball, and sprinting were a bit rough for me with the current layout.

CoG

It's well known within the industry that M$ makes the best dev tools.

Maybe a decade ago but not so much the case anymore. In the gaming space just compare the PS4's launch dev tools to the Xbox. You're trying to perpetuate the Albert Penello myth that software can make up for hardware and that Sony devs are incompetent. The ICE Team are certainly not.

heyf00L

Is this the same 32 MB framebuffer problem? FOX engine uses deferred lighting, no?

It might be impossible to get a 1080p image on Xbone with the FOX engine unless it's completely redesigned.

Top Bottom