• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 : 1080P 60 FPS on PS4 - 720P 60 FPS on X1

I want you guys to remember mrb1972 started out on GAF with this fucking hilarious post:

DriveClub is a rail racer.

And that, of the like three or four other topics he has ever posted in, the majority of them are him trying to 'fight the myth' that the PS4 is not 50% more powerful in any way.

Destiny Digital Foundry topic

Lords Res confirmed 900p on XBO, 1080p on PS4 thread

Of all his posts, 96% are about him trying to fight the myth PS4 is 50% more powerful.

AND, on top of that, let's fight this shit:

Alright, you want to listen to devs?

Adrian C., Former People Can Fly Developer

Anonymous Developers tell Edge there is 50% difference

Benchmark Test

I CAN GO ON ALL DAY
Detective Gaf to the rescue. He even insulted the people who actually knows what they're talking about and called them "arm chair analysts". Ridiculous.

Tak3n

Banned
And they never actually address the points brought up against them, it's either "time will tell" or "you're just picking on me" etc.

Please point out to me in the tweets where they are saying they are "calling in experts" or "liaising with MS engineers".

is that Adam Bhatti not a Konami employee? if not that is my bad I presumed that was a official tweet

Chobel

I don't thin that is the case, he states they have pulled the document that links that the Xbox is 720p

I think that is as good as a confirmation the resolution will be increasing, even if they delay the Xbox version...

The question that should be asked of Konami is why did they not go to MS for help in the first place

It doesn't look companies are the ones asking MS for help, everything indicates MS is the one offering help, and that happened so far in big releases (Destiny, Diablo 3), which makes me think MS is doing it only because they're afraid of bad PR.

Jack cw

is that Adam Bhatti not a Konami employee? if not that is my bad I presumed that was a official tweet

He is the community manager. The game releases in a couple of weeks so only 4 weeks until its gold. I really don't know what MS could do there, because they haven't even started talking about the issue.

Hasney

He is the community manager. The game releases in a couple of weeks so only 4 weeks until its gold. I really don't know what MS could do there, because they haven't even started talking about the issue.

Might be a big-ass patch later on, or it woke them up to go look at Fox Engine in general because I'm sure they want Phantom Pain as good as possible on their console.

mrb1972

Banned
Yes, "obsessed." As in click your name, see the one page of posts you've ever made, and notice that they're all about the same fucking nonsense.

And now, witness the goal posts being moved - someone who has yet to even once explain any of his technical know-how suddenly trying to decry that a link from people who know more than him are not up to snuff.

I can list every technical analysis that has ever been made about the system - they all say the same thing, PS4 is 30%-50% more powerful overall. This is very significant.

Great I will look forward to seeing this list, thanks for putting in the time for me

StuBurns

Banned
On one side you have the PS4 which has a larger potential audience, is easier to program for, and has the better hardware. On the other side you have the XB1 which is none of those things. At some point a developer is going to look at the XB1 side of the equation and just say..."Eh, that's good enough".

The XB1 has the double problem of being more expensive to develop on and giving a lower level of return. Why would any sane developer spend a disproportionate amount of limited development resources on a platform unable to match the returns possible on its competitor?
I'm not saying they should, although that's essentially what happened last generation. The PS3 was the hard to develop for, the more expensive, the smaller install base until basically the end, and by far the weaker third party sales. It had a higher theoretical top end, but the work to get a PS3 game to parity with 360 was substantial, and disproportionate when compared to the general sales split between SKUs.

Every developer/publisher has to decide for themselves where to invest their resources, if they'd prefer parity, it needs to be hugely steeped in MS' favor, if they want to allocate resources based on sales performance, not only is the PS4 a far more capable machine, it's also the more attractive sales platform, so would ultimate result in an even more superior version than just the performance split.

justino

Neo Member

He said something rather strange to Eurogamer on Twitter - 'we'll let Microsoft help with all communication going forward.'

Do MS get to own 3rd party publisher communications? What's that about?

THRILLH0

Banned
It doesn't look companies are the ones asking MS for help, everything indicates MS is the one offering help, and that happened so far in big releases (Destiny, Diablo 3), which makes me think MS is doing it only because they're afraid of bad PR.

Who cares why they're doing it as long as it results in a better experience for gamers on popular titles?

Kezen

Banned
Great I will look forward to seeing this list, thanks for putting in the time for me

Why are you desperately denying the obvious gap in raw power between the two consoles ? It was made crystal clear two years ago that the PS4 was just significantly more powerful and that would naturally translate into games, which it has.
If devs push consoles hard the Xbox One can't follow.

Maybe you need another round of inferior ports on Xbox One to be convinced, worry not you will be served. Unity, Far Cry 4, COD and more are coming.

Pug

He said something rather strange to Eurogamer on Twitter - 'we'll let Microsoft help with all communication going forward.'

Do MS get to own 3rd party publisher communications? What's that about?

Maybe Konami want them to help out with PR with this game. I'll tell you what thought they are really going to need a helping hand with MGS, which as is will do awful numbers on XB1

Jonnax

What spin?, I have never once said the PS4 wasn't more powerful, why is that so hard for people to understand?

You called the difference in power a myth. Even when there are tons of developers who have stated that the ps4 is around 50% more powerful.

You have not given any evidence to back up your points.

justino

Neo Member
What spin?, I have never once said the PS4 wasn't more powerful, why is that so hard for people to understand?

Get yourself over to misterxmedia blog - they'll love you there - they really will. With your MrB name you'll be given a starring role and access to all sorts of facts which MS are keeping secret just to surprise Sony some years after the release of the consoles.

justino

Neo Member
Maybe Konami want them to help out with PR with this game. I'll tell you what thought they are really going to need a helping hand with MGS, which as is will do awful numbers on XB1

Would be surprised if MS do the PES PR - they're in deep with EA

Kayant

The spin that an objective benchmark is a joke among other things(Which was confirmed to be true by a dev here on Gaf) but keep on the good fight.

mrb1972

Banned
Why are you desperately denying the obvious gap in raw power between the two consoles ? It was made crystal clear two years ago that the PS4 was just significantly more powerful and that would naturally translate into games, which it has.
If devs push consoles hard the Xbox One can't follow.

Maybe you need another round of inferior ports on Xbox One to be convinced, worry not you will be served. Unity, Far Cry 4, COD and more are coming.

I haven't said the PS4 is not more powerful

jelly

Just wait for the Xbox One.Five with full BC and play at PS4 visual fidelity in the options :p

Have any big wigs at Xbox left other than Mattrick. Surprised more lead hardware design heads haven't rolled. Can only imagine Mattrick had so much say, nobody could change course so not their fault.

Amir0x

Banned

I never said the GPU was more powerful your post is irrelevant

Dude, what in the unholy fuck are you talking about? You keep saying the PS4 is only "slightly" more powerful, and that you have to listen to devs.

I keep showing you developers that are saying that the PS4 is 50% more powerful, that huge aspects of its tech are 40% or 30% more powerful. You're somehow not convinced.

There are the actual specs which show you:

Xbone: 1.31 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +300%

Still, you call it a myth.

There are endless games which show the differences. You can see them all here. In many cases, due to the difference in resolution and framerate alone, you can see the massive gap. I don't think you realize how much power difference is needed to render a game at, say, 720p or 800p or 900p vs. 1080p. or 30fps vs. 60fps.

Still, a fucking myth to you.

IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY, the PS4 proves it is demonstrably significantly more powerful. Developers say it, the specs prove it, the games show it.

What the fuck else are you waiting for? GOD to say it?

mrb1972

Banned
You called the difference in power a myth. Even when there are tons of developers who have stated that the ps4 is around 50% more powerful.

You have not given any evidence to back up your points.

I have also read ton's of dev's who say they are close in power - you just want to believe the ones that suit you

Except that PES does actually look noticeably better than FIFA.

Noticeably better?

I'll give you marginally better but that still doesn't make up for the fact that it's 720p compared to 1080p. In the end, the better gameplay of the two will determine which one I buy, and I'm not sure which one that is yet.

mrb1972

Banned
Get yourself over to misterxmedia blog - they'll love you there - they really will. With your MrB name you'll be given a starring role and access to all sorts of facts which MS are keeping secret just to surprise Sony some years after the release of the consoles.

I think you will find I would get the opposite reaction

Jack cw

Might be a big-ass patch later on, or it woke them up to go look at Fox Engine in general because I'm sure they want Phantom Pain as good as possible on their console.
It sure didnt bother them with the GZ demo.
I still don't know if Microsoft really wastes so much resources for a game that sells its majority on the other system. Destiny or Diablo are western games and have a huge reception, so the effort was at least justified.

shandy706

Friends: misterxmedia, mrb1972

HOLY FUCK LOL

19653.gif

Noticeably better?

I'll give you marginally better but that still doesn't make up for the fact that it's 720p compared to 1080p. In the end, the better gameplay of the two will determine which one I buy, and I'm not sure which one that is yet.

PES plays better imo (bought FIFA yesterday), but I'm not quite sure I want to spend money on it, when taking the last gen presentation and the 720p resolution into account. If they've made significant changes to Master League mode and the online isn't messed up as usual, I might bite.

I want you guys to remember mrb1972 started out on GAF with this fucking hilarious post:

DriveClub is a rail racer.

And that, of the like three or four other topics he has ever posted in, the majority of them are him trying to 'fight the myth' that the PS4 is not 50% more powerful in any way.

Destiny Digital Foundry topic

Lords Res confirmed 900p on XBO, 1080p on PS4 thread

Of all his posts, 96% are about him trying to fight the myth PS4 is 50% more powerful.

AND, on top of that, let's fight this shit:

Alright, you want to listen to devs?

Adrian C., Former People Can Fly Developer

Anonymous Developers tell Edge there is 50% difference

Benchmark Test

I CAN GO ON ALL DAY

Amirox
demodded, not denutted

pure entertainment!

Amir0x

Banned
yeah, of course it has "nothing to do with you." Suuuure. you're hilarious.

The fact that almost all your posts are dedicated to you fighting the "myth" of PS4's significantly technical superiority says it all. That's what misterxmedia is obsessed with too.

PES plays better imo (bought FIFA yesterday), but I'm not quite sure I want to spend money on it, when taking the last gen presentation and the 720p resolution into account. If they've made significant changes to Master League mode and the online isn't messed up as usual, I might bite.

Yeah, I'm liking the PES demo quite a lot actually.

Kampfheld

Banned
IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY, the PS4 proves it is demonstrably significantly more powerful. Developers say it, the specs prove it, the games show it.
In terms of raw hardware power, definitely yes. No doubt.
In terms of XDK optimization / tools, definitely no.

Top Bottom